Raven One: upcoming DLC campaign for F/A-18 Hornet

Soon :) wrapping it up currently!

Well, at least give us a 'magnitude': days, weeks, months... :-P

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk Pro

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

RDF 3rd Fighter Squadron - "Black Knights": "Ar Cavajere Nero nun je devi cacà er cazzo!"

My Blog (Italian): Notti a (Video)Giocare

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CPU: i7-11700K@5GHz|GPU: RTX-4070 Super|RAM: 64GB DDR4@3200MHz|SSD: 2x 970EVO Plus + 980 EVO Plus|HOTAS Warthog|TrackIR 5|

Currently learning the Hornet (one of my lesser favourite modules) specifically and solely for this campaign. :joystick:

Can't wait.

Edited by wowbagger
spelling

CPU:5600X | GPU:RTX2080 | RAM:32GB | Disk:860EVOm.2

Soon :) wrapping it up currently!

can't wait!! :D

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 F-GAMING | i7-10700K | RTX3090 TUF OC | 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz | Windows 10 64bit | Acer Predator X34P | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog | TM T.Flight Rudder Pedals

A-10C | A-10C II | F/A-18C | F-16C | FC3 | PG | Syria | SC

Home made F-16C simulator
Forum Thread: DCS World forum - The Viper Project - Home Cockpits Instagram: 1583142 copia.jpg The Viper Project YouTube youtube-icon-512x512-874lspju.png The Viper Project - Youtube channel

I’d say weeks :)

d0d4be913efb4bd67c5901f625fc7bb1.jpg

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

RDF 3rd Fighter Squadron - "Black Knights": "Ar Cavajere Nero nun je devi cacà er cazzo!"

CPU: i7-11700K@5GHz|GPU: RTX-4070 Super|RAM: 64GB DDR4@3200MHz|SSD: 2x 970EVO Plus + 980 EVO Plus|HOTAS Warthog|TrackIR 5|

but not too many. Though also not two :)

3 ? :-p

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

In R1 there are only 2 night mission (actually: one dusk and one dawn). I also plan on including option to skip AAR by branching campaign in some places. In others you will just have to be conservative with fuel...

This is great. Shorter length missions is greatly appreciated. Coming from your A-10C campaign, it can be a pain if you die or running out of ammo near the end of a mission and have to spend another 60-90 min just to get to that point again.

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

Whilst I understand the logic (shorter mission lengths/accessibility) regular multiple AARs is such a prominent feature of most Carrier Aviation sorties (and indeed in the books themselves) because of fuel considerations...I was hoping its importance would be replicated in the campaign...

Not to worry I'm looking forward to it...as I do all of baltic Dragons work...

Airbag_signatur.png

Whilst I understand the logic (shorter mission lengths/accessibility) regular multiple AARs is such a prominent feature of most Carrier Aviation sorties (and indeed in the books themselves) because of fuel considerations...I was hoping its importance would be replicated in the campaign...

Not to worry I'm looking forward to it...as I do all of baltic Dragons work...

I hope to be able to find a right balance for that. For instance in almost every mission when coming back you have a choice to go with your flight to a tanker (and it is advised, as AI is now not the best in conserving fuel) or proceed directly to the carrier.

In M2 part of it is AAR practice. You can just skip your turn and SHOULD be able to finish whole mission, but you will worry a lot towards the end.

In M3 there is one mandatory AAR on the way in, because you have to traverse half of the map to get to your AO. Here I plan to include the "save game" campaign branching. It is advised to AAR on the way back (this will be the longest mission, total of 2.5h from startup to shutdown)

In M4 you can refuel at the end.

In M5 you need to refuel at the end - or eject (this is the mission with Prince)

and so on. It is very prominent I'd say :)

EDIT: also, in most of the missions you will have the alternative airfield listed and if you are having a bad day with carrier landing, you can always go there. BUT the campaign will then branch and before starting next mission you will have to fly your jet back the following day. At least you can skip CASE 3 in favour of CASE 1 that way... :)

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Can't wait for this campaign. I need something to get me back into DCS. Working from home all day now I barely want to touch my personal computer after I'm done. But I'm excited for this campaign!

Totally need to get used to hornet AAR again after getting a new stick. It's gonna suck but I will try my best.

Edited by sze5003

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

I hope to be able to find a right balance for that. For instance in almost every mission when coming back you have a choice to go with your flight to a tanker (and it is advised, as AI is now not the best in conserving fuel) or proceed directly to the carrier.

In M2 part of it is AAR practice. You can just skip your turn and SHOULD be able to finish whole mission, but you will worry a lot towards the end.

In M3 there is one mandatory AAR on the way in, because you have to traverse half of the map to get to your AO. Here I plan to include the "save game" campaign branching. It is advised to AAR on the way back (this will be the longest mission, total of 2.5h from startup to shutdown)

In M4 you can refuel at the end.

In M5 you need to refuel at the end - or eject (this is the mission with Prince)

and so on. It is very prominent I'd say :)

EDIT: also, in most of the missions you will have the alternative airfield listed and if you are having a bad day with carrier landing, you can always go there. BUT the campaign will then branch and before starting next mission you will have to fly your jet back the following day. At least you can skip CASE 3 in favour of CASE 1 that way... :)

Fantastic BD...and my post was in no way intended as a critisism of your stellar work producing the content that DCS deserves!

Airbag_signatur.png

Thanks for this.. bookmarked to look at later today!

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

• 2 weeks later...

Hello BD

Really looking forward to you RavenOne campaign. I am currently hard learning the hornet to be ready for your campaign. What is my concern is the radio. Is there a way I can learn the radio calls or what is the meaning of the calls?

Best regards

ViperDriver