Raven One: upcoming DLC campaign for F/A-18 Hornet

Has no scheduled date yet?
I heard that it's with ED now for testing.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

• 2 weeks later...

Will this be a paid campaign I presume? Forgive my ignorance as I'm still new-ish to DCS. Really just now digging into campaigns.

My DCS Rig: NZXT H710i * Ryzen 3900x 4.4GHz+ * NZXT Kraken x72 AIO * G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB(2x16GB) 3600MHz * 2x 1TB Sabrent Rocket 4.0 PCIe NVMe SSD * EVGA 2080 Ti Black Edition OC'd * Oculus FrankenQuest * Thrustmaster TFRP * Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS *PC Part Picker Build

Modules: A-10C * F/A-18C * F-16C * AV-8B * F-5E * FC3 * Extra 540 * Persian Gulf * Nevada * Normandy * Super Carrier * Vaicom Pro/VoiceAttack

Will this be a paid campaign I presume? Forgive my ignorance as I'm still new-ish to DCS. Really just now digging into campaigns.

Yes it will be. You get some free user-made campaigns here https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/, but in general the ones with very high production value like Baltic Dragon's are not free (unless they come with a module, like his campaigns for the Mirage and Mig 19). That said they tend to be fairly cheap, usually they are around 12 dollars.

If all goes well in July - adding extra touches, finishing skins and working on trailer. Uh, and fixing bugs :)

Only a few days left :music_whistling:

Just kiddin' :smilewink:

Looking forward to its release

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Hey BD, cant WAIT for this! Love the books, love the VO actors you have lined up.

Reading back over this thread i saw a lot of discussion about including AAR or not. Maybe a compromise is doable?

In the newly released "The Serpents Head 2" campaign for the Hornet, there is an option to play missions with simplified AAR-meaning you just need to make contact with the basket, rather than maintain contact. That might make thing easier for newer pilots in your campaign?

Either way , really excited for the chance to fly with Flip, Olive ,Psycho and ...Saint i supose ;)

Quoth the Raven!

I did something else in AAR department - you just need to get in formation with the tanker and then quit the mission. Campaign will branch and you will begin the next sortie behind Texaco

with full tanks. This will be available only in two missions where AAR is mandatory, for the rest it

helps a lot but you can survive without it with proper fuel management.

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

I did something else in AAR department - you just need to get in formation with the tanker and then quit the mission. Campaign will branch and you will begin the next sortie behind Texaco

with full tanks. This will be available only in two missions where AAR is mandatory, for the rest it

helps a lot but you can survive without it with proper fuel management.

That's really nice. I'm still going to attempt the AAR but if I get super frustrated because I haven't flown in a while, this is a nice touch. I'm known for being one not to give up. Just having that feature makes me feel more comfortable.
Edited by sze5003

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Any update on when this bad boy may actually hit the street?
According to a reddit post, it's with ED for testing..maybe next open beta if we are lucky?

Hey guys, here's the latest Air Combat Sim episode in which we talk about Raven One (and possible other projects) with Jell-O from Fighter Pilot Podcast and Kevin Miller, author of the novel.

Really enjoyed this episode. Jell-O's presence makes everything instantly better!

Hey guys, here's the latest Air Combat Sim episode in which we talk about Raven One (and possible other projects) with Jell-O from Fighter Pilot Podcast and Kevin Miller, author of the novel.

Was really nice to listen to everyone talk about the campaign and their experiences in real life. I want to read the book but I can't figure out where I can get the hard copy. Bookstores around me don't seem to carry it.

Is the audio book also recommended?

Was really nice to listen to everyone talk about the campaign and their experiences in real life. I want to read the book but I can't figure out where I can get the hard copy. Bookstores around me don't seem to carry it.

Are you talking about the novels from Kevin Miller? I bought all my hard copies from Amazon
Edited by Weasel

The audiobook is awesome, the narrator has a great voice. I can highly recommend it.

Another great episode, really interesting listen.

Really looking forward to Raven One what I've seen so far really looks like it's going to raise the bar on DCS content!

Thanks for the work you put into these campaigns, Raven One must have been a real task to create...I'm currently around 40% through my own campaign build, it's been a blast working on it and it's a great feeling when you get great feedback from the community (even better when someone gives you a BD comparison:))...but it's not until you're 5 months in with at least that long to go that you finally appreciate the time and effort that goes into this work.

Are you talking about the novels from Kevin Miller? I bought all my hard copies from Amazon
The audiobook is awesome, the narrator has a great voice. I can highly recommend it.
Yup I ended up getting the audio book. Listened last night before bed and I'm 6 chapters in. It's great. Would have preferred the hard copy but I didn't want to wait with Prime not really being 2 days anymore with covid and all.

Another great episode, really interesting listen.

Really looking forward to Raven One what I've seen so far really looks like it's going to raise the bar on DCS content!

Thanks for the work you put into these campaigns, Raven One must have been a real task to create...I'm currently around 40% through my own campaign build, it's been a blast working on it and it's a great feeling when you get great feedback from the community (even better when someone gives you a BD comparison:))...but it's not until you're 5 months in with at least that long to go that you finally appreciate the time and effort that goes into this work.

Hey dude, looking forward to trying out your missions! Please PM me on Discord or Facebook when able.

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png