Raven One: upcoming DLC campaign for F/A-18 Hornet

velocity vector low usually means speed too low. or nose too high. do you see the E bracket?

Yes, I do but it is quite low. My speed is between 125-140. I try to make a screenshot, I hope I don't have to redo the whole mission.

On other missions I didn't experience this. I'll test it more this evening.

Yes, I do but it is quite low. My speed is between 125-140. I try to make a screenshot, I hope I don't have to redo the whole mission.

On other missions I didn't experience this. I'll test it more this evening.

I think it is my lack of skill to land after all.:)

Does anyone know when you cold start the HUD is caged or uncaged by default. I think this was my main problem.

Thanks.

Does anyone know when you cold start the HUD is caged or uncaged by default. I think this was my main problem.

This doesn't sound like a problem I've ever encountered.

With the HUD caged, to the best of my knowledge that's only lateral (left/right), so that you can actually see the TVV in strong crosswind conditions. It should have nothing at all to do with the up/down position of the TVV.

By default, I believe the HUD is uncaged.

When you say it works fine in other missions, can you try to recreate the conditions from Ravon One Mission 1 in another mission? I think there's a centerline tank, 2 CATM-9s on the wingtips, and at landing maybe some 5000 lbs of fuel? Something like that. It's a fairly light jet, but it's not ultra-light.

A screenshot or a video would be very helpful.

I am having trouble completing mission 14, the deep strike mission where Saint decides to sit it out. I get to the target and put bombs on target. We then encounter 2 F-5's and I shoot them both down; one with AIM-120 and the other with AIM 9M. Flip ask Tron 5-1 is he has us in sight. Tron answers he does not and then about a minute later I get a message saying "mission over blue winner" and the mission ends. I receive only 40 percent for a score. I know in the book Flip and Weed have to engage the Mig-35 and Flip shoots him down. I am sure I made a mistake somewhere but can't figure out where. I hit all the waypoints leading to the target and observed all altitude restrictions. I got the "houseboat" go signal as expected. Anyone have any hints?

Edited by Augermc

Man, fix that stupid UH-60 pls...At mission 10 (night) he stays in the back side of the carrier...again. And I hit him when I land, he blocks the landing pattern.

Its not very funny to fly about 60+ or 90+ min. and when you`re finally complete a long and hard mission and back to land, to hit your own unit. Because he blocks the landing pattern.

Edited by DeathAngel1

..:NAVY PILOTS ARE THE THE BEST PILOTS:..

Man, fix that stupid UH-60 pls...At mission 10 (night) he stays in the back side of the carrier...again. And I hit him when I land, he blocks the landing pattern.

Its not very funny to fly about 60+ or 90+ min. and when you`re finally complete a long and hard mission and back to land, to hit your own unit. Because he blocks the landing pattern.

It has been fixed long ago, but there was no patch in the meantime. There was a ton of fixes I've done internally, but we have to wait for ED to release them...

I am having trouble completing mission 14, the deep strike mission where Saint decides to sit it out. I get to the target and put bombs on target. We then encounter 2 F-5's and I shoot them both down; one with AIM-120 and the other with AIM 9M. Flip ask Tron 5-1 is he has us in sight. Tron answers he does not and then about a minute later I get a message saying "mission over blue winner" and the mission ends. I receive only 40 percent for a score. I know in the book Flip and Weed have to engage the Mig-35 and Flip shoots him down. I am sure I made a mistake somewhere but can't figure out where. I hit all the waypoints leading to the target and observed all altitude restrictions. I got the "houseboat" go signal as expected. Anyone have any hints?

This is internally fixed - the mission is supposed to end at this point and continued in M15. Please see this link on what to do, sorry for trouble.

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Hello, I’m really enjoying this Campaign, could anyone help me please ? I am struggling to find the TACAN code for Mother. I can’t see it anywhere in the mission briefing. I can only find the Freq of 144000mhz Thanks

Rig: |(CPU)Intel® Core™ i7 Eight Core Processor i7-9700K (3.6GHz) 12MB Cache|ASUS® ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING|32GB Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 16GB)|11GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2080TI|2TB SEAGATE IRONWOLF PRO 3.5", 7200 RPM 128MB CACHE|1TB INTEL® 660p M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD (upto 1800MB/sR | 1800MB/sW)|CORSAIR 850W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET|Processor Cooling Corsair H60 Hydro Cooler w/ PCS Ultra Quiet Fans Thermal Paste||RIFT S VR| TM HOTAS A10 Warthog :joystick:

Hello, I’m really enjoying this Campaign, could anyone help me please ? I am struggling to find the TACAN code for Mother. I can’t see it anywhere in the mission briefing. I can only find the Freq of 144000mhz Thanks

Lower right corner of the kneeboard page has all the info for Mother.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

• 2 weeks later...
I started the third mission of the campaign, by mistake I closed the screen by clicking on end mission. How can I do to replay the mission? In the summary he gives it to me as completed.

Here is how you can fix the progress manually after completing each mission:

1. Find your logbook (C:\Users\User_Name\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\MissionEditor) file.

2. Open it with text editor (I'd strongly suggest to use Notepad ++ (https://notepad-plus-plus.org/downloads/)

3. Make the backup of the Logbook

4. Scroll down to Raven One campaign entry.

5. Under ["fileList"] find the highest bracketed number - this is where you have to make your edit to progress

6. Change mission name under ["mission"] to "R1 M##.miz" (example: "R1 M08.miz") depending where do you want to progress to. You may want to also change the result of the previous mission to 100 (it will be something low, so it's better to fix your score).

7. Save and close - you should be good to go.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

Here is how you can fix the progress manually after completing each mission:

1. Find your logbook (C:\Users\User_Name\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\MissionEditor) file.

2. Open it with text editor (I'd strongly suggest to use Notepad ++ (https://notepad-plus-plus.org/downloads/)

3. Make the backup of the Logbook

4. Scroll down to Raven One campaign entry.

5. Under ["fileList"] find the highest bracketed number - this is where you have to make your edit to progress

6. Change mission name under ["mission"] to "R1 M##.miz" (example: "R1 M08.miz") depending where do you want to progress to. You may want to also change the result of the previous mission to 100 (it will be something low, so it's better to fix your score).

7. Save and close - you should be good to go.

Thanks!!! :thumbup:

Firma DCS.png

CPU: 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700K   3.60 GHz - DDR4 64,0 GB - MSI RTX3080ti - Win 11 64bit

I started the third mission of the campaign, by mistake I closed the screen by clicking on end mission. How can I do to replay the mission? In the summary he gives it to me as completed.

You can also just run M03A from campaign folder, you will start behind the tanker with full load of gas, heading for action.

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Hi, i flew 3 times already towards the tanker in mission 3 exited en just started on the deck again not behind tanker with full tanks.... dunno what do anymore. Can you help?

I added my campaign log for raven one.

["created"] = "Thu Oct 1 10:24:11 2020",

["player"] = "New Pilot",

["campaign"] = "./Mods/campaigns/FA-18C Raven One/Raven One.cmp",

["status"] = "Active",

["history"] =

{

[1] =

{

["datetime"] = "Thu Oct 1 11:16:01 2020",

["agKills"] = 0,

["aaKills"] = 0,

["stage"] = 1,

["deathsCount"] = 0,

["result"] = 70,

["mission"] = "R1 M01.miz",

}, -- end of [1]

[2] =

{

["datetime"] = "Thu Oct 1 12:33:45 2020",

["agKills"] = 0,

["aaKills"] = 0,

["stage"] = 2,

["deathsCount"] = 0,

["result"] = 70,

["mission"] = "R1 M02.miz",

}, -- end of [2]

[3] =

{

["datetime"] = "Thu Oct 1 15:57:22 2020",

["agKills"] = 0,

["aaKills"] = 0,

["result"] = 60,

["deathsCount"] = 0,

["stage"] = 3,

["mission"] = "R1 M03.miz",

}, -- end of [3]

}, -- end of ["history"]

}, -- end of [4]

[3] =

Mission 3:

1.) I asked Smoke to do the fly over and he successfully did.

2.) I dropped the laser guided bomb successfully over the truck.

3.) I missed the GPS bomb by a few yards missing the compound.

4.) I asked Smoke to drop the bomb on the compound but he just flew in circles @ Angels 12. I quit to desktop. I am really not looking forward to starting from the beginning again.

Mission 3:

1.) I asked Smoke to do the fly over and he successfully did.

2.) I dropped the laser guided bomb successfully over the truck.

3.) I missed the GPS bomb by a few yards missing the compound.

4.) I asked Smoke to drop the bomb on the compound but he just flew in circles @ Angels 12. I quit to desktop. I am really not looking forward to starting from the beginning again.

Load the 3a.miz, it will start you right behind the first tanker, and ready to proceed into the AOR.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Is there anyway to move to the next part of a mission if you miss a target? I am in M03 and have asked SMOKE to take care of the vehicle heading north west out of Basra however SMOKE just hovers above and doesn't attack. I am out of ammo including guns, SMOKE still has full weapons.

I have now also lost track of the car.

What is the next option without starting the whole missions again?

The vehicle isn't moving, it is stationary in the field.

You can edit your logbook to start 3a.miz, which is right behind the first tanker, and you're topped off with a full load of fuel. Short distance back to the target area. Other option is to just load 3a.miz from the mission editor and then edit the logbook to take you to mission 4.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Hi There, was the Raven Skin added at some point? Checked user files etc. Many thanks for the awesome campaign ended up picking up all 3 of the audio book versions of the Raven one series

Ok ignore this was looking for VFA 64 just saw it under VFA 400 in my huge long list of skins in Mission Editor.

Edited by Howzzat

Mission 2 taxi, left wheel or wing stuck ?

Hi There,

for whatever reason when I start taxiing out, my left wheel (or wing?) gets stuck as if I would stand on the left brake, with more throttle the nose wanders to the left and the aircraft starts to flip over to the right. Is the aircraft stuck on the crewman maybe or the wing onthe adjacent aircraft? See screenshot. With even more throttle, after some struggling aircarft gets loose, but multiple "F-18 Hornet damaged" message line pops up...

hornetstuck.png.2848cea36b12e819fe9c9153917f91bd.png