Texture mod for Caucasus 2.5 terrain

I second YoYo regarding autumn : in version 2 the trees are mostly brown, while ground texture for zone with trees shows mostly green trees,....)

+1

I think it will be better Starway when You change this background texture to more brown, like trees:

J5TGxjil.jpg

... or less brown trees :).

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+1

I think it will be better Starway when You change this background texture to more brown, like trees:

... or less brown trees :).

I located and fixed the problem. It had to do with some corrupt mip maps. I also fixed a couple of other issues. You can expect another upload with the selected files soon.

cheers!

System: Intel Core i5 3570K | GTX 980 OC | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | 500 GB SSD

Thank You Starway! Cant wait :D I really like Your work for DCS 1.5 and .2.5.

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Green Thunder

As one of the original donators, I was wondering, and PRAYING! That you may consider re-making the Green Thunder conversion.

It was one of my favs, and sorely needed for us Vietnam/Korea guys.

Thanks for your work on this.

Much appreciated!

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

I located and fixed the problem. It had to do with some corrupt mip maps. I also fixed a couple of other issues. You can expect another upload with the selected files soon.

cheers!

The file is in version 2.5.3 but inside the folder is 2.5.2. Be correct and correct? Thank You! :thumbup:

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

cheers!

So any news about the new version?

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Hi guys,

a new version has been uploaded. The changes are as follows:

-New trees for fall & winter

-New ground details (noise textures)

-New winter textures for villages and cities

New version is 2.5.4

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cOUraeJbvj1ZGHLpce6OPFCsy442gIcZ/view?usp=sharing

Enjoy!

System: Intel Core i5 3570K | GTX 980 OC | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | 500 GB SSD

Hi guys,

a new version has been uploaded. The changes are as follows:

-New trees for fall & winter

-New ground details (noise textures)

-New winter textures for villages and cities

New version is 2.5.4

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cOUraeJbvj1ZGHLpce6OPFCsy442gIcZ/view?usp=sharing

Enjoy!

Thank you Starway!!

By the way, I’ve noticed that for example at Kobuleti fuel farm, close to the ground you see green grass, but just a bit higher it turns to concrete gray...

Is it a known issue??

Thanks

Callsign   SETUP

Thank You Starway!

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

Thanks for this mod!

I was using another terrain mod but wanted to try something new as the other one didn't do anything for the fields I find particularly boring.

Overall I'm very happy with this mod but there are 2 things that bother me and I'm not sure if that's because I messed up with the files or what:

1. I often see bright green "borders" between individual fields. Especially visible in the summer, both from altitude and ground level. It looks like a strip of grass from another place really.

2. The ground textures near airports are a different color to the surrounding ground textures. Again, they are brighter and greener and make the airfields stick out like a sore thumb.

Is this just the way the mod was designed or am I doing something wrong ?

Lurz / davidtsw you have strange issue. Don't know why. Conflicting mods ? You updated DCS while Starway Caucasus activated ?

I also use JSGME.

Negative, updated the sim a few days ago. No other mods except radio chatter sound.

I got my copy via Steam so as far as I know all the updates happen automatically.

I do run a couple of other mods including Mustang's terrain mod but if Lurz doesn't then I don't think this is the issue.

BTW, is it necessary to use JSGME or can I just drop the files in the appropriate folders ?

Anyway, reinstalling DCS right now and I'll give it a go tomorrow.

...BTW, is it necessary to use JSGME or can I just drop the files in the appropriate folders ? ...

Yes if you use 2 different caucasus texture mods and you don't use a mod enabling software (to disable one while enabling the other) you may surely have conflicts.

If any doubt, run a cleanup/repair of DCS, delete fxo and metashaders2 folders from savegames\dcs\, and only install/activate Starway mod. It should run ok. And if so you had conflicting data (shadders in savegames or mod mix in main DCS folders).

Check your Terrain Texture settings, The mod is made for high terrain textures

My Liveries

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/filter/user-is-Strider32/apply/

Intel Core i7-6700K @4.0 GHz NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 Super 8GB 8GB DDR4 x2 Kingston 256GB SSD (OS Installed) Crucial BX500 1TB SSD (DCS World Installed) Toshiba 1TB HDD Windows 10 64bit LG 27" 75Hz Monitor TM Warthog w/VIRPIL WarBRD Base Saitek Pro Flight Pedals Track IR