Texture mod for Caucasus 2.5 terrain

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!This is A M A Z I N G !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you Starway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

Starway I apologize but I am too excited....this mod is absolutely mindd blowing....it is PHOTO-REALISTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh myyy

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

I love the different look and detailing of these textures, but at least with my current graphics settings some of the colors used seem a bit off. Others may feel differently though, but here's a list of the things i noticed:

For summer textures:

- there's too much of a blueish shade in the green color of the grass, fields and trees

- trees are too dark in general

For autumn textures:

- trees are too orange/red, contrasting with the grass color

- i really like the fields colors and detailing

I attached 2 images to show my issues with tree colors.

Anyway, this is great work, thanks a lot Starway !

Screen_190401_222205.thumb.jpg.39b69c068d1effff357513e60adbc352.jpg

Screen_190401_222623.thumb.jpg.461494f07bc00312df58369c687bdaea.jpg

Edited by Alex Voicu
added pictures

Excellent work. Unbelievable the difference this makes to immersion from any altitude.

TYVM for sharing your work.

Cheers

Rotor57

My Rig; Intel i7 3770K @ 3.5_32GB RAM_GTX 1080 _X55 Rhino Throttle_TM_Warthog Flight Stick_TM Pedals_28" 4K Eyeball Bleeding Monitor::doh:

Take off is optional, landing is not::pilotfly:

FC3; CA; NTTR; P51; Spitfire; F86F; Mig15; F5; KA-50; AJS 37 Viggen; UH-1H; F18C; A10-C;M2000;AV8B-N/A;Christen Eagle;

I love the different look and detailing of these textures, but at least with my current graphics settings some of the colors used seem a bit off. Others may feel differently though, but here's a list of the things i noticed:

For summer textures:

- there's too much of a blueish shade in the green color of the grass, fields and trees

- trees are too dark in general

For autumn textures:

- trees are too orange/red, contrasting with the grass color

- i really like the fields colors and detailing

I attached 2 images to show my issues with tree colors.

Anyway, this is great work, thanks a lot Starway !

I agree. Autumn is fantastic in general, but the in other two seasons (winter is all white anyway so it doesn't really matter what mod if any you're using) the colors are not realistic. To the point I went back to using another mod. Also, things like grey grass covering concrete textures are a bit of a let down from ground level.

I agree. Autumn is fantastic in general, but the in other two seasons (winter is all white anyway so it doesn't really matter what mod if any you're using) the colors are not realistic. To the point I went back to using another mod. Also, things like grey grass covering concrete textures are a bit of a let down from ground level.

its really just the greens in the spring and summer seasons... a little bit too neon... and the trees in autumn are a just a bit too brown/red.... other than that,... insanely beautiful detail!!! Thank You Starway!!!:thumbup:

Ryzen R7 1800x|EVGA FTW3 1080Ti|32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum@2666mhz|Samsung 750 EVO|LG 4k 50" Main Display|ASUS PB278Q Reference Display|

Those complaining about colours : are you using reshade? and first of all , have you set up your monitors colors profiles properly?

this mod is MANDATORY for DCS now !

Those complaining about colours : are you using reshade? and first of all , have you set up your monitors colors profiles properly?

this mod is MANDATORY for DCS now !

no reshade... my monitors are both color corrected via Datacolor Spyder 5 Pro.. for me, the greens are slightly neon... and the trees during fall season look a bit too red.. however, the greens in the fall season look more accurate.. Spring and Summer greens seem to be the main complaint.. and i do concur.. either way the detail does look incredible!!!..

Ryzen R7 1800x|EVGA FTW3 1080Ti|32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum@2666mhz|Samsung 750 EVO|LG 4k 50" Main Display|ASUS PB278Q Reference Display|

My monitor has been calibrates by my eyes :lol: And no reshade.

The ground in spring and summer looks almost like in old photo scenery products for FSX.

But don't get me wrong. I appreciate Starway's work and as I said, what he's done to the terrain is incredible. I just wish those damn greens were a bit more realistic cause that's not how that (any?) part of the world looks and you can verify that with Google Earth / images. The autumn though...

edit: Just gave it another go and a lot depends on the time of the day. Autumn looks fabulous any time but for summer and spring I find early morning and possibly late evening hours to look best, but not ideal. At any other time the ground looks too "cold" and bright for me. Autumn has those lovely warm colors and that's why it looks so much better IMO. I might just limit my flying to autumn and early summer/spring mornings though cause it looks so interesting to fly over :D

Edited by davidtsw

Starway mate are you planning to updated this mod on a "regular" bais maybe by implementig the aiports infrastructure textures, runnways, to get a more modern "caucasusa era" ?

Your previous work for 1.5 was a complete game changer for all of us, now that you're back we have new hope for the Caucasus map to survive the years and get the proper attention it deserves!!

New and more modern airports, runnways , towers, would be awesome!! and I woul be personaly proud to donate as well.

no reshade... my monitors are both color corrected via Datacolor Spyder 5 Pro.. for me, the greens are slightly neon... and the trees during fall season look a bit too red.. however, the greens in the fall season look more accurate.. Spring and Summer greens seem to be the main complaint.. and i do concur.. either way the detail does look incredible!!!..

yes I tend to agree the trees colours should be adjusted, anyway overall speaking this mod needs some attention imho from the whole DCS community as it is simply superb.

Thanks Starway, I'm currently trying to decide between your textures and Mustang's and it's very difficult because they're both magnificent and I assume you both went through a lot of work to produce them.

So, again, thank you for your dedication, along with Mustang.

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

I know its impossible to satisfy everybodys taste but I really liked the subtile blueish style of the previous version 2.5.4. It looked more hazy and misty. Like thicker and moister air absorbs more light. Kinda atmospheric.

Still an awesome mod.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gainward RTX 2080 OC | i7 8700K OC | 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3600 MHz | MSI Z370-A PRO | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB

Version 2.5.5 is released

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14VVp2MOFm9UCxoM69vaYhbtpuRzeSR1a/view?usp=sharing

Changelog for this version:

-Overall color corrections (warmer colors for spring/summer)

-New noise textures around airfields

-New mountain textures

Hey Starway! Thanks a lot for textures! I like them a lot, though I think trees in Summer/Spring are just a tad too dark. City base textures are a little wierd in some cases... Otherwise, I'm loving the change! :joystick:

Thanks Starway, I'm currently trying to decide between your textures and Mustang's and it's very difficult because they're both magnificent and I assume you both went through a lot of work to produce them.

So, again, thank you for your dedication, along with Mustang.

with all due respect ...Mustang is not even close to this mod....by any chance ;)

we need this on Normandy, better fields

Agreed, Starway is there a chance you could look at the Normandy map the colours are horrendous with VR.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

Agreed, Starway is there a chance you could look at the Normandy map the colours are horrendous with VR.

+2

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Thank you!!

Amazing work! Thank you for creating this terrain mod. I felt that the current terrain felt bland and mundane. So much that I went as far as dare to say that the 1.5.x terrain looked better! Now you've given my eyes such a relief. :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=209433&stc=1&d=1556424532

attachment.php?attachmentid=209434&stc=1&d=1556424532

attachment.php?attachmentid=209435&stc=1&d=1556424532

attachment.php?attachmentid=209439&stc=1&d=1556424532

Screen_190428_000622.thumb.png.aadc42980b22585f6857c745e62c8ef0.png

Screen_190428_000625.thumb.png.4cdbde42be9cff796205b4102a19e743.png

Screen_190428_000639.thumb.png.fdf6659b8fa4f4797ffa6503edbed1db.png

Screen_190428_000644.thumb.png.a47e771bfe0548f19911072c91fd5910.png

This mod brings new life to DCS, but it doesnt get the proper attention it deserves.