Texture mod for Caucasus 2.5 terrain

Installed the latest version and every time I try to do a mission on the Caucasus, the game crashes.... I'm running the most recent OB Beta (2.55.32299) and using Starways 2.5.8. No idea what the issue is. Anyone else having an issue?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Installed the latest version and every time I try to do a mission on the Caucasus, the game crashes.... I'm running the most recent OB Beta (2.55.32299) and using Starways 2.5.8. No idea what the issue is. Anyone else having an issue?

Those exact same versions of DCS and the Texture mod run fine for me, haven't had a DCS crash in a long time.

Can you track it down to this mod? Maybe it's not even related to it?

In any case, I'd try to deactivate the mod, run a repair, see if DCS still crashes, and then re-install the mod and check again. dcs.log might also give you specific pointers. I think it's in Saved Games\DCS\Logs\dcs.log, but not at my PC right now, maybe it's in C:\Program Files\... instead.

• 3 months later...
this mode triggers IC check? I can't use it in MP or do I something wrong?

Happens to me too sometimes.

Even when my IC icon is green, I still sometimes get kicked from servers with a "tainted client" message or some such.

In one case I complained to the guy who runs the server but he argues it's a competitive PvP game and he can't allow players to (potentially) cheat. Not sure about the exact setting on the server side, though.

These textures really are a must for me now. They make such a difference to the Caucasus map for me and I use VR. They have become really good. The winter I don’t notice much difference but the other seasons really improve the look. Good work starway.

Now please work your magic on Normandy.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

• 3 months later...

pls more love for this,

Starway are you going to improve it??

pls pls pls!!

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

• 1 month later...

Wow! This looks good! I'm running DCS 2.5.5 Stable version, so as far as I understood, I should download v.2.5.8 of this mod because there was some issues with previous v2.5.5 of this mod.... is that correct? Confused.com :p

Thank you for making this mod for us!!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Would anyone care to share starways vietnam texture mod for dcs 1.5 with a dl link? I would appreciate it 10000 cause that was awsome in vr. I will try this for dcs 2.5 but i miss the vietnam mod for 1.5 . Thanks in advance.