What a Russian Fighters Are Possible?

FlankerMan

I dont really know for sure, but I'd love to have the Su-17 on DCS, as it was widely used on many nations for a long time and can be used both for AA and AG missions.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I'm quite happy with the current FC3 level Mig29 and Su27 in the game.

I would however love to see the Su24 as either a full level DCS module or even an FC3 plane. I doubt it will happen as it is:

A) Multicrew (a challenging task for everyone it seems, but Heatblur)

B) Still in use with the Russian Air Force.

I doubt anything more recent has a chance to be developed, apart from maybe upgrading the FC3 fighers we already have in the game to full DCS standard.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

I hope in the near future the Mig-29A could be available.

+1

I think there would be a LOT of people interested in this aircraft.

And given the fact that several demilitarised MiG-29A/UB's are privately owned and operated in the USA, and because several fully equipped MiG-29S's were evaluated by the USAF, I don't think there are that many secrets about the MiG-29A left anymore...

Modules: Bf 109, C-101, CE-II, F-5, Gazelle, Huey, Ka-50, Mi-8, MiG-15, MiG-19, MiG-21, Albatros, Viggen, Mirage 2000, Hornet, Yak-52, FC3

As far as I've seen, every time something like this comes up it is negotiated on a case by case basis. There's no way really to say what is or isn't possible as it kind of depends on the ''mood'' of the entities involved. Some things they have explicitly forbidden, other things not. We'll just have to wait and see.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

+1

I think there would be a LOT of people interested in this aircraft.

And given the fact that several demilitarised MiG-29A/UB's are privately owned and operated in the USA, and because several fully equipped MiG-29S's were evaluated by the USAF, I don't think there are that many secrets about the MiG-29A left anymore...

The Mig-29A is also currently operated by NATO countries.

AA? In DCS, it can just carry two R-60s for that role. Can other versions do more?

Correct, it can also carry the R-73 ... clearly it isn't an air superiority fighter, but more of a fighter-bomber.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

As far as I've seen, every time something like this comes up it is negotiated on a case by case basis. There's no way really to say what is or isn't possible as it kind of depends on the ''mood'' of the entities involved. Some things they have explicitly forbidden, other things not. We'll just have to wait and see.

This.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

The most realistic expections on Russia side is as follows:

-Sukhoi 17 series

-Mig 27 (Ground attack version of Mig 23 with an awesome cannon to rival A-10).

- Sukhoi 15 Flagon.

FC3 version:

Su-24

Su-30 early versions

Yeah, this seems to be the way it goes with any of the aircraft.

Realistically,

We will likely get a Razbam Mig23MLA at some point

I think a SU-17/22 could be done by someone if they find enough docs

Mig29A should be doable if ED can get permission

Su25A same thing.

I see the Su-24, or Su-27 as pretty unlikely.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Oh here we go again ... (in a good way :))

I have had many rants on this .... I even came to the wild idea of sending a letter to Putin (he does read them and he took a sick kid on an helicopter ride, another time he allowed access on the new russian doomsday plane to a young student, you decide for what it's worth for our cause here)

So ...

• 1. Step One: Prepare professional or proper diplomatic letter and paper
  • 2. Step Two: Hire an assistant to properly produce it (grammar etc)
  • 3. Step Three: Find my previous posts for ideas what to write about (how woud it help russian this and that and oh gosh everyone knows this old tech only the people are at loss, and we don't need weapon stuff just access to sounds, buttons, and to fly properly, and how the old ones are going to be forgotten if all are going to be upgraded, historical preservation)
  • 4. Step Four: Hire translator to professionally translate to Russian
  • 5. Step Five: Find the closest Russian Embassy
  • 6. Step Six: File the letter with both english and russian versions included, named to Vladimir Putin. GOOD LUCK!

Maybe the community could come together, create up one big letter like mentioned above, even with pictures, explanations, how russian aircraft are underrepresented etc, but not made up stuff, I mean seriously, if Russian aircraft would be developed that would mean REAL JOBS as they would be hired from that region. So someone would send first the big one, and then individually others could send a smaller version of just acting as a signature in reference to that, or you send everything in one package, it's so tempting but ah I don't know if I want to be that guy really doing this.

Edited by Worrazen

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

I see the Su-24, or Su-27 as pretty unlikely.

Depends on the model. Whilst Su-24M2 would be highly unlikely, Su-24M may be possible and surely the original Su-24.

Likewise original Su-27S, Su-27UB or Su-27PU(Su-30 PVO) and maybe even the Su-27SM should be possible.

Su-27SM2 and beyond I highly doubt.

Depends how much will power ED has if developing Russian planes is a PITA.

Not to beat the dead horse but the MiG-29A has to be around the corner somewhere...

Has it been officially ruled out that the SU-27S or P will not be allowed in the game? Not a rumor, but a hard no from ED or someone of authority

While I welcome the A but am I asking too much for the K version ?

Maybe. The one plus it has its limited number of airframes/customers.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

So ...

• 3. Step Three: Find my previous posts for ideas what to write about (how woud it help russian this and that and oh gosh everyone knows this old tech only the people are at loss, and we don't need weapon stuff just access to sounds, buttons, and to fly properly, and how the old ones are going to be forgotten if all are going to be upgraded, historical preservation)
  • 6. Step Six: File the letter with both english and russian versions included, named to Vladimir Putin. GOOD LUCK!

I don't think it's that complicated: https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=199

wink.gif

I think the iconic aircraft will be a benchmark. And in the 'Russian' list, maybe a Mig-31 Foxhound. Just thinking off my head.

That won't happen I think.

Any Russian aircraft that was never exported would be very hard to do, I think.

Modules: Bf 109, C-101, CE-II, F-5, Gazelle, Huey, Ka-50, Mi-8, MiG-15, MiG-19, MiG-21, Albatros, Viggen, Mirage 2000, Hornet, Yak-52, FC3

Oh here we go again ... (in a good way :))

I have had many rants on this .... I even came to the wild idea of sending a letter to Putin (he does read them and he took a sick kid on an helicopter ride, another time he allowed access on the new russian doomsday plane to a young student, you decide for what it's worth for our cause here)

So ...

Maybe the community could come together, create up one big letter like mentioned above, even with pictures, explanations, how russian aircraft are underrepresented etc, but not made up stuff, I mean seriously, if Russian aircraft would be developed that would mean REAL JOBS as they would be hired from that region. So someone would send first the big one, and then individually others could send a smaller version of just acting as a signature in reference to that, or you send everything in one package, it's so tempting but ah I don't know if I want to be that guy really doing this.

If you do that, and it works, I will pay for your copy of whatever plane you manage to get approved :)

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2