Saitek Proflight Cessna Pedals

Does anybody know where I could get newer drivers for Saitek Proflight Cessna Pedals? After a Windows10 upgrade I get a 'device descriptor request failed' and the pedals aren't recognized as anything. I'm assuming that the Windows update did something. The drivers and install exe I have are from MadCatz Jan 2016 version 4.0

I would appreciate any help to get me through this as I decide which new pedals to purchase.

Asus B85 Pro Gamer - 32GB - Intel® Core i5-4460 CPU - SanDisk SDSSDXPS480G -Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

TrackIR5 - TM Warthog HOTAS Stick & Throttle - TM Cougar MFCDs - TM TPR Rudder Pedals - Razer Orbweaver - SoundBlasterX G5 DAC

These pedals should work as a DirectInput joystick device, without any extra drivers(I.E. they come with Windows, and have since XP at least). Have you tried removing any third-party drivers you've installed manually?

@Pfeil....I honestly can't figure out how to get rid of the current drivers. The device does not show up at all as USB or Gaming device. USB hub 'sees' them, light goes on for about 2 seconds...and that's it except LED on pedals still on.

I plugged pedals into laptop and doesn't show up there either...same 'device descriptor request failed' error msg.

Asus B85 Pro Gamer - 32GB - Intel® Core i5-4460 CPU - SanDisk SDSSDXPS480G -Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

TrackIR5 - TM Warthog HOTAS Stick & Throttle - TM Cougar MFCDs - TM TPR Rudder Pedals - Razer Orbweaver - SoundBlasterX G5 DAC

Did not install any drivers on laptop...want to see if it was recognized first as a USB device first.

Not using hub, just direct USB port on laptop.

I plug in my HOTAS (to laptop) and it responds as seen in attached image, you can see the response I get from plugging in the Saitek pedals. Not sure what this means...pedals are FUBAR or just a driver problem.

Use the Windows search in the start menu(or your taskbar) to find "Device Manager", it should come up with one entry with the subheading "Control panel".

Click it, and it should show you a list of the devices installed in/connected to your computer.

It'll likely fold out the unknown device and mark it with a yellow triangle sign.

Right-click it and choose "Uninstall device" in the context menu, that should remove the entry.

Click "Scan for hardware changes"(the blue monitor with a magnifying glass over it, above the list), it should find the device and attempt to install it again.

If this still fails, you can try right-clicking and choosing "Update driver" in the context menu, here you can choose to either have Windows try and find a driver(though it may just use the "bad" driver again), or manually select one by picking from a list(which should include all compatible drivers currently installed).

Followed all your instructions and found errors on USB after View - 'Show Hidden Devices', there were 12 errors but no warning symbol. I removed all these, restarted...did all the shit and it's still not recognized. I firmly now believe it's a hardware issue. Thankfully there are a ton of PC 'engineers' here in Shanghai so I'll let them sort it out.

Worst case scenario; replace with new TM TFRP or maybe give up smokin' crack for a month and go for the TM TPR's :smilewink: That's a good excuse:music_whistling:

Pfeil...we can call this 'case closed' for now, and I really appreciate your help on this aircraft catastrophe...I'm sure I'll get over emotional distress with new TPR's

Thanks,

It could still be a corrupt driver, or a more general Windows issue(though it is strange that it occurs on two machines), but if you're upgrading anyway it's probably not worth chasing down, providing you don't have issues with the newer hardware. Good luck to you.