F-14B and display exports ?

FZG_Immel

Is there a way to export the fuel flow to a separate screen. When flying formation I have a hell of a time trying to keep a bead on the outside world and the fuel flow gauge which is really low down?

Only the value. In order to use it you have to display it somehow, like Helios. But why have it all the time? It's just a glance once in a while. Or do you mean aerobatic team constant focus?

Hmmmm the only reason I ask is that the lua edit to get the rwr to function on a second screen is done through the RIO folder

It's just a script file there, which export the values to the viewport.

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

That's an interesting thread!

Quick question though... How do assign the HSD and VDI to the TM MFDs? (I plan on getting them for a "cockpit like" set up (have the TM Warthog stick-throttle-pedals combo, and am waiting on my Virpil stick) and am quite interested in the MFDs (they will be great when the F-14D will be released), but dunno if it's possible to assign the VDI to one MFD and the HSD to the second one...

Thanks in advance!

That's an interesting thread!

Quick question though... How do assign the HSD and VDI to the TM MFDs? (I plan on getting them for a "cockpit like" set up (have the TM Warthog stick-throttle-pedals combo, and am waiting on my Virpil stick) and am quite interested in the MFDs (they will be great when the F-14D will be released), but dunno if it's possible to assign the VDI to one MFD and the HSD to the second one...

Thanks in advance!

It sure is! I can send you a copy of my lua file when I get home.

Sent from my ASUS_I01WDX using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
Any idea how to export the Airspeed and altitude indicator?

Afaik you can have either existing viewports or export sim provided values. With these you can make views in other software like Helios.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Any idea how to export the Airspeed and altitude indicator?

Trying to do exactly this at the moment and fuel too. Looks like Helios is the only option, I would love it if it was as easy as viewports, either way I’ll let you know how I get on

Wonder if heatblur could help us with this??

Tomcat, Tomcat über allen

• 1 month later...
I used the entire code in a custom setup, only changing the pixel coordinates. Also the filename and the name in the .lua should match as per my experience. I have a 3440 x 1440 on the left and a 1920 x 1080 on the right. Make sure in windows or nvidia settings, the top of the monitors are the same.

I am trying an edit on the rwr init.lua per one of the guys that posted before in this thread.

Example of my monitor setup code:

name = _('F-14B Combined');

Description = 'EXPORTED DISPLAYS'

Viewports =

{

Center =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = 3440;

height = 1440;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 3.722222;

}

}

F14_VDI=

{

x = 3440;

y = 0;

width = 500;

height = 500;

}

F14_HSD =

{

x = 4860;

y = 0;

width = 500;

height = 500;

}

F14_DDD =

{

x = 3440;

y = 580;

width = 500;

height = 500;

}

F14_RWR=

{

x = 4150;

y = 580;

width = 500;

height = 500;

}

F14_TID =

{

x = 4860;

y = 580;

width = 500;

height = 500;

}

UIMainView = Viewports.Center

GU_MAIN_VIEWPORT = Viewports.Center

Hope this helps

great stuff!

I'm going to need a beer to put these flames out:megalol::megalol::megalol:

• 1 month later...

Since I exported my screens, Jester is not centered on my screen. Its more to the right and it is semi cut off. How can I move it to the left some? Also can you change the size of the Jester interface?

[sigpic][/sigpic]

US Air Force Retired, 1C371

No rank or title will ever be as important as the unit patch you wear.

Since I exported my screens, Jester is not centered on my screen. Its more to the right and it is semi cut off. How can I move it to the left some? Also can you change the size of the Jester interface?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=242466

• 2 months later...

One thing I just discovered: you don't need to modify the RWR init.lua file; you can just use F14_ECMD instead of F14_RWR for the same effect.

But this also begs the question: is there any way to export the HSI repeater at the RIO station (which is normally called the ECMD)?

EDIT: aannnd...it went away with the latest patch. :(

Edited by Home Fries

• 2 months later...

When I switch from VDI to TID I cant see anything on the monitors. It is like somehow that the lines are too fine to display. Does anybody else have this and maybe a fix for this? Also the HSD is pretty "dark" I almost cant see the below the earth line. How can I change that? I also guess still no way to display the Altimeter and Speedometer?

Thx for help!

• 3 weeks later...

I have 3 MFDs with monitors, I export VDI, HSD and RWR, as F-14 Pilot,

is there a trick that I can export to the same locations as VDI / HSD (same screens) DDD, TID, when I'm occupying F-14 RIO seat?

If I put all of them in my multimonitor lua - I get overlapping graphics, DDD renders on top of VDI etc.

Is there a way to put "if" condition there, so that only proper screens export when proper seat occupied?

Many Thanks in advance!

Good topic!

• 2 months later...

Is there a way of exporting and displaying on a screen the current altitude and airspeed indicator. It doesn't need to to be analogue it can just be values if necessary. It's easier for me to glance down at a separate screen with my eyes than move my head and zoom in to see the indicators on my main screen?

• 4 weeks later...

Thread revival. SInce the forums changed engines I cant see the photo from the HB testers team back on the first page. Ive matched the X/Y coords from the viper and harrier MFD's but the tomcats a no-go. 

Missing something? Or did something change?

cb36ee49b70fdfe091ef5437971b7e86 (1).png