Dedicated Servers - Quickstart

Pretty sure using the internal IP for clients on the same LAN as the host will solve any direct IP connection issues but don't think it will resolve any problem you have seeing the server on the in game server browse list. As someone else posted, I believe for your server to be viewable in the server listing it needs to be publicly viewable but then password protected to keep out random players.

PS Not a networking expert by a very long shot and while I could easily be wrong I think doing a direct connect for clients on the host's LAN would be more efficient than joining via the server listing too. ie less latency

Edited by Stonehouse

Pretty sure using the internal IP for clients on the same LAN as the host will solve any direct IP connection issues but don't think it will resolve any problem you have seeing the server on the in game server browse list. As someone else posted, I believe for your server to be viewable in the server listing it needs to be publicly viewable but then password protected to keep out random players.

PS Not a networking expert by a very long shot and while I could easily be wrong I think doing a direct connect for clients on the host's LAN would be more efficient than joining via the server listing too. ie less latency

I run a couple of servers for our squadron. I connect to them via the LAN and via the server browser. There's no noticeable difference in terms of latency.

“c:\program files\eagle dynamics\dcs world\dcs.exe” --server --norender

should be ...\dcs world\bin\dcs.exe

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

My daughter is currently using my PC (playing Sims 4), but I will try all the suggestions as soon as I can get my PC back :)

Hi,

Just wanted to thank you all for the suggestions .. it was in fact the "public" parameter that was needed, now my server shows up on the list:

DhxW0Lh.jpg

I left the port 10308 for my main gaming PC, and used 10309 for the Dedicated server. Also did the portforward of port 8088 so that the Server page at ED shows my Server too:

07SYaU2.jpg

For testing I'm using a slightly modified version of the old "Danger Zone" MP mission, until I'm able to edit one of my own (until now, all my missions have been strictly SP):

SVX6N5o.jpg

I had top disable the Integrity Check as I wanted to use the VPC Airfield Objects Mod, which for some reason triggers the IC .. I will try to modify it to see if I can make it IC-compatible.

The performance seems very good, in spite of the Server using a slow processor and having just 6 GB of RAM:

h4StmeL.jpg

I will now invite some friends to help me stress test it with more simultaneous clients :)

Thanks a lot for all the help and tips.

Eduardo

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Eduardo,

how did you get the scoreboard at the bottom of the screen? There are so many keystroke in DCS:)

AMD RYZEN 7 2700 / 32GB / RTX2070 / 500GB M.2 with Windows and DCS / 2 - 500GB SSD / Rift S/ TM Warthog with F18 stick and Virpil WarBRD / Foxx Mounts/ MFG Crosswind rudders + 3 MFD's | Now enjoying VR with PointCTRL controllers + Gamematrix JetSeat

How do you change the observer name which is the administrator ?

Here is the answer: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3821064&postcount=208

:)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Hello, can we run the server dedicated DCS on a host VPS linux without directx 11? or should we have absolutely a windows OS? thank you in advance

You do need both a DirectX 11 compatible video card (it doesnt need to be a fast card, in fact it can even be the integrated video of the processor) and also need Windows.

Ok so we forget about remote server rentals?

On my country there are hosting providers that allow you to provide or rent your own physical machine, that should do.

On my country there are hosting providers that allow you to provide or rent your own physical machine, that should do.

I think I will invest in a mini pc with 2.4 ghz, 8 GB of RAM, INTEL ® HD GRAPHIC. thank you for the information

I’m not sure if anyone else is getting this issue but this simply does not work for me..

If you’re running more than one instance, you need to add the following line into the autoexec.cfg for every instance. Without this, the WebUI won't work.

webgui_port = 12345

When I add the autoexec.cfg to each instant I can see the server through the webui. However by doing that no one is able to join any server and they continue to get kicked or time out. As soon as take that file out then everyone has not issues in joining any of the servers.. I have all ports opened through the router and firewall so I’m at a loss to explain it.

So please let me know if your having the same issue.

Wood

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I’m not sure if anyone else is getting this issue but this simply does not work for me..

When I add the autoexec.cfg to each instant I can see the server through the webui. However by doing that no one is able to join any server and they continue to get kicked or time out. As soon as take that file out then everyone has not issues in joining any of the servers.. I have all ports opened through the router and firewall so I’m at a loss to explain it.

So please let me know if your having the same issue.

Wood

Can you connect to the server on your own network when you have the autoexec.cfg file in place?

I think I saw it mentioned but can't find the solution to an issue with our dedicated server which is set to public with a password. I can see it in my Profile - My Servers and I can see it in the Active Server list by searching for the name. The issue is that it doesn't show up in the Multiplayer server list in DCS, but everyone can connect to it using the IP.

Anyone have any ideas why it doesn't show in game but does on the web?

vCAPT Scott "LoVis" Gray

Chief of Naval Personnel

Virtual United States Navy - VUSN

vusn.org