Dedicated Servers - Quickstart

With the multiple instances, is it possible to run a "norender" server on the same machine/account and fly on it?

Yes I think you can. You’ll need a fair bit of RAM though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just set everything up for a second instance, but I have no autoexec.cfg file for that new instance. Only:

authdata.bin

imgui.cfg

network.vault

options.lua

serverSettings.lua

How do I get the autoexec file? The -norender function also doesn't seem to work.

Edited by Nealius

I just set everything up for a second instance, but I have no autoexec.cfg file for that new instance. Only:

authdata.bin

imgui.cfg

network.vault

options.lua

serverSettings.lua

How do I get the autoexec file? The -norender function also doesn't seem to work.

You have to create the autoexec file yourself. For the norender problem, is it loading the full game?

Yep, loading the full game. I'm still able to host an MP session, then open up my original DCS and join that session, though, so it seems the server part is working fine.

How do I create the autoexec file, and what should be in it?

Yep, loading the full game. I'm still able to host an MP session, then open up my original DCS and join that session, though, so it seems the server part is working fine.

How do I create the autoexec file, and what should be in it?

Have you read the first post of this thread? All the information is there. You only need the autoexec if you’re running multiple dedicated instances on the same host.

• 2 weeks later...

Nevermind Did some digging and found that if I go through the 2nd instance's options.lua I can disable VR there without affecting VR on my client instance of DCS.

Question about running a dedicated server on a VR machine:

How do I get the server instance of DCS to run without VR while simultaneously flying the client instance of DCS in VR?

Edited by Nealius

• 1 month later...
Spectators

Oh, I thought maybe it had to do with DCS Combined Arms which I do not currently own. So I guess anyone with the game can be a spectator or observer on a game server? How do you do that? Never did it before.

Thanks

I found the answer

I googled it and found this pertaining to my question:

Can I spectate multiplayer?

I'm new and I was wondering if there's a way to just spectate a multiplayer game going on.

< >

yes, if server has setting to allow you to view all stuffs with externals (most won't) or if you have combined arms and server has observer slots enabled for either side.

so the answer is it really depends on the mission file being run and what the server admin has decided to edit/create the mission file with.

often I will lock views so that players cannot cycle and see stuff on map but anyone can jump out and go to observer (if they have combined arms DLC) and spectate the battle.

<>

Originally posted by Chameleon_Silk:

yes, if server has setting to allow you to view all stuffs with externals (most won't) or if you have combined arms and server has observer slots enabled for either side.

so the answer is it really depends on the mission file being run and what the server admin has decided to edit/create the mission file with.

often I will lock views so that players cannot cycle and see stuff on map but anyone can jump out and go to observer (if they have combined arms DLC) and spectate the battle.

<>

So I need dlc to spectate games?

<>

No, you can do it with the FREE DCS World.

The server has to have external views enabled, whether for friendlies or everyone, and if the map is enabled with units and aircraft showing, you can click on any and press F2 or F7 for external view. There is also fog of war map, where you can see everything that your team and AI see.

<>

Note that connection limit might block entering the server.

< >

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello

I would like to make a multi instance on my server but I don't understand how this works I have problems understanding the written explanations what they mean

I don't know what exactly Norender defines...?

Is there perhaps a video about this topic that shows exactly how it works?

Thank you.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Sry if I am digging up an old thread.  This has been a real help and seems to work, Thanks guys.  The only problem I have is as soon as the dedicated server starts, my trak IR quits.  I have to close the server and restart DCS to get it back.  Any tips would be helpful.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/12/2022 at 10:19 PM, Lipfert said:

Kameraden,

Is it possible to interrupt the login? Would like to use a common account login for the server.

S!

Not sure about the question, if you want change account that is running the server, just rename the saved game folder relative to server instance, and start your dedicated server. DCS will ask again for credentials and create the folder again. than close the server, and put your file form the previous folder to restore all the settings.

• Like 1

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!