Dedicated Servers - Quickstart

On 6/24/2022 at 7:20 AM, Maverick87Shaka said:

Not sure about the question, if you want change account that is running the server, just rename the saved game folder relative to server instance, and start your dedicated server. DCS will ask again for credentials and create the folder again. than close the server, and put your file form the previous folder to restore all the settings.

Perfect,

We have a common account for hosted servers, I was messing around with my login and could not stop it auto logging in.

S!

• 10 months later...

Hi Team - I am having a similar issue to @Rudel_chw, however have not been able to crack it.

I am running a dedicated server (DCS World 2.8 Open Beta Dedicated Server modular installer v2.8.4.39731) on a separate machine on my network (call this ServerMachine) and playing DCS on PC (note, I am running the same DCS World 2.8 Open Beta v2.8.4.39731.)

The problem is that I cannot (nor can any friends at different locations i.e. from different external IPs, and using the same OpenBeta v2.8.4.39731) find my server in the DCS Multiplayer server lists, nor connect to it manually via external IP.

I can however connect to my ServerMachine locally via local IP (192.168.1.174:10309). Loads right in - no problems.

I have followed a few troubleshooting guides, but am unable to make it accessible externally.

All my port-forwarding is correct, and I have disabled UPNP (as it was creating duplicates and wanted to rule it out.

You'll note from the 1st image below that I have 10308 going to my PC (DCSpc), so I can play DCS online on other servers.
And I have 10309 (next image down, you'll see I am broadcasting the server on 10309, which is confirmed on the 3rd image) forwarded to 10308 on my ServerMachine (DCSdedClient) as 10308 is what the actual server app itself listens on (I think?) - correct me if this is a faulty assumption?
NB: I did try forwarding 10309 to 10309 as well (just in case), but no luck on that externally either (though interestingly I can still connect via local IP and play in this case.)

Finally, I have made sure all the relevant ports, and the applications, are open in windows firewall - as well checked that all the ports are open using a web port checker.

I am also not being blocked by my ISP. And I can, just from my PC, host a multiplayer server through DCS.

Thanks in advance for any help/direction on this.

Cheers.

nullimage.png

EDgameServerList.png

DCSserverDash.png

try hosting your server on port 10309 (edit config file serverSettings.lua  line ["port"] = "10309",) and forward that to your hosting PC IP on port 10309

so 10309 to 10309 on 192.168.1.174 is the rule

you might want to remove the DCSpc rule as you do NOT need this to play online, as your connection will be out bound to the server PC on the internet

No more pre-orders

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

@HC_Official thanks for the reply.

Looks like it was already set to 10309 in setting - must be set based on what you put in DHC server settings dashboard when running the server (black image above.)

Changed server port-fowarding to 10309->10309 and disabled PC 10308 port-forwarding as you suggest, but still no luck

Edited by snoopwah
clarification

Tha's right, yes - they can't connect direct through IP:port and cannot see it in the MP lists (with no filters on)

NB: The error we get is "Server offline". As opposed to "Address unavailable" when you enter a wrong IP/port/address etc.

Edited by snoopwah
more detail

IF you can connect to it on your LAN using direct connect on IP 192.168.1.178:10309 from your gaming PC , then it only points to something in port forwarding /or ISP blocking

• Like 1

No more pre-orders

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

most common cause is that you don't have a public IP address, so your ISP basically put you and others user behind a NATted network. Since ipv4 address are over since years so far, it's a common practice done by many ISP. basically at the same IP address there are connected several users of that provider. Make a call to your ISP to understand if you have a public ip address or not.

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!