F/A-18D USMC Night attack

Ironwulf

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
Yeah I don’t understand wanting the D, it’s like lets get the exact same jet but with even SHORTER legs lol

If they could do a superbug...I would vote for an F, for many of the reasons outlined in this thread...but I wouldn’t ever ask for a two seat legacy :huh:

If it was a LRIP example it wouldn’t have 9x or JHMCS either right? Pretty sure those are both block 2 standard...

That is why I was specific about the F/A-18D(AW) it is not just exactly the same jet with shorter legs and 2 seats... any more than an F-15E is just an F-15D painted dark grey. The rear systems were modified for AFAC, and night strike, with - as I understand it -different controllers for manipulating weapons... analogous to the F-15E. It also had options for Recce, which would be good to model in DCS too.

Edited by Ironwulf

• 2 weeks later...
I'd just be happy with the external models for the 18D and 16D

+1 :thumbsup:

I also would love to see double seater variants of both the Hornet and the Viper in DCS.

Even without any additional functionality they would increase overall variety.

I would even pay for these double seater models if they came as an expansion for the current modules.

ControllerBuddy - A highly advanced game controller mapping software (for flight simulators)

Anyone aware of how you actually interact with the ATARS? ie is there a DDI page to control it, is everything just set up on the ground and you just need to fly a certain course, etc.

My old man was an ATARS instructor so I asked him and he said it could be interfaced with via one of the DDIs

I'm obviously biased here but I would really love for ED to eventually add the D Hornet. I'm sure if it's even being considered its likely on the backburner of ED's backburner. Hopefully RB's F-15E demonstrates some cool multicrew abilities. Again I'm sure there's other ground ED would likely cover first but at least we are here showing there is an interest.

• Like 1