[NO BUG] FA/18 EW/SA BUG SHOWING ALL LATE ACTIVATED RADARS

tyleru7d894

Attached is a screenshot showing the SA page for the HARMS showing ALL of my SA2 sites that are in "Late Activation" states in the mission editor on the SA page.

I confirmed via the F10 map during flight that only 2 were actually active (as expected). Yet, my SA page is showing every radar threat on the map that I placed in the mission editor, despite 4 of them not being triggered to spawn.

The EW page and RWR is just fine. It only showed the 2 that were actually active.

I'm wondering if that DDI is pulling actual map editor data and if I select "hide unit" if it will remove them. I haven't tested this yet, but will give it a shot and see what happens.

It's a bit annoying as this mission I've created is a 'dynamic' mission in which units will only activate depending on who is flying what aircraft and how many people are flying. Thus, in this case the units on the DDI screen it's showing will never activate because it was just me flying/testing the mission.

Mission: User Created by me

Bug: SA page on DDI is showing ALL radars, even if they haven't spawned in during play of the mission via late activation triggers.

Specs:

Motherboard: MSI Z370 Pro Carbon AC

CPU: i7-8700K

GPU: MSI 1080ti Trio

RAM: 16gb

Storage: 1TB Crucial SSD & 500gb Samsung 960 EVO NVMe

Cooling: EVGA 240 CLC

228807414_FA18EWBUG.png.96c2248eb07d0a2798e3c53dee8b5f9b.png

Edited by tyleru7d894
spelling

I'd like to also add in, while this may not be a bug, it's certainly an unwanted feature/outcome as in the example mission I have above it severely limits the functionality of the SA page as I only have 2 options: either hide ALL SAM from ALL F/A-18 players or show ALL SAMs for ALL F/A-18 Players, even if they'll never spawn in during that mission.

The mission logic is as follows:

1x F/A-18 player = 2x Fansong

2x F/A-18 players = 4x Fansong

3x F/A-18 players = 5x Fansong

4x F/A-18 players = 6x Fansong

5x F/A-18 player = 6x Fansong & 1 SA8

etc.

Thus, there will be times (depending on the amount of people playing) in which the SAMs will not ever spawn in during that mission (e.g. only 2 people are playing, triggering 4x Fansongs). While hiding them is a work around, this also means now no one will see them on the SA page, regardless of the amount of players and which ones are triggered to spawn in.

In this case, I do want players to see them on the SA page, but only if they've spawned in.

In the meantime, thanks for all the work you guys do feefifofum. While there's some things here and there that needs work, the amount of work that's already gone into the aircraft is amazing! :thumbup:

In this case, I do want players to see them on the SA page, but only if they've spawned

I understand what you’re after, but this isn’t possible with the way the threat circles work in the Hornet. They are not dynamic or based on any of the radar signals the aircraft is recieving, so IRL they would be placed during mission planning phase based on mission intel, “we know their is are SA-6 sites here, here and here.” And that gets loaded in as part of the data cartridge. So they wouldn’t show any popup sites that go active that weren’t already known about during the mission planning phase. The only way I can think to do it is have seperate versions of the mission depending on how many people are flying, with the apropriate number of SAMs in each one.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.