F-8 Crusader

MrDieing

AIM-9B, C, D and G were mentioned in the updates but Hotel is pretty much the same as Golf, only tiny improvements. Will see.

Although Hotel still has 18G max G overload limit at sea level like the GOLF, there is more to missile than just that. What does matter is that the Aim9H has IR seeker track limit increased from 12 degrees a second to 20.

So i think it would still the Aim9H be indeed a worthwhile upgrade from the Aim9G. It was regarded as the best IR missile of the Vietnam era, even to the USAF's Aim9J.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Any news of how the F-8 is coming along? Looking forward to this one.

WIN10-64 HOME Ryzen9 3900x 4.0GHZ, 32GB DDR4, RX6800xt, 1TSSD  Reverb G2, F-14 Simpit (WIP)

Virpil Collective 60 head, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals, TM MFDs, 5 Leo Bodnar boards.

Any news of how the F-8 is coming along? Looking forward to this one.

2 weeks my man.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

We're preparing news. Including something on F-8. Dont worry ;)

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

I hope for MiG-21 will also be news :)

Wish list:

-> MiG-3, MiG-9, MiG-17F, MiG-21F-13, MiG-23MLD, MiG-27K, MiG-25PD, MiG-29K, MiG-31, Su-17M4, Su-24M, Su-27SM3, Su-30SM, Su-34, Su-35S, Yak-3, La-7

-> Me.262, F-4D/E Phantom II, F-100 Super Sabre, F-104 Starfighter, Mirage III, Mirage F1, Saab 35 Draken, Saab JAS 39 Gripen, IAI Kfir

:chef: :beer:

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

That goes without saying :)

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

The Mig-21 really needs its historical opponents- the F-8, F-4 and most of all the Mirage III.

F-8 is a good start!

“Mosquitoes fly, but flies don’t Mosquito” :pilotfly:

- Geoffrey de Havilland.

... well, he could have said it!

Can't wait Hiro! Learned the Mig-21 recently and I can't wait to fly it in Alpenwolf's Cold War. I haven't been able to do it yet due to the radar FPS drops mainly.

• Like 1

i7 12700KF | MSI Z690 A-PRO | Corsair Vengeance 2x16 gb @ 3200 Mhz | RTX 3070 Ti FE | Acer XB271HU 1440P 144HZ | Virpil T-50 CM throttle | Virpil WarBRD Base + MongoosT-50 CM2 Grip | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5 | HP Reverb G2

Bf 109 K-4 | Fw 190 A-8 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | P-51D | Fw 190 D-9 | P-47D | Mosquito FB VI | F/A 18C | F-14 A/B | F-16C | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | M-2000C | A-10C | AJS-37 Viggen | UH-1H | Ka-50 | Mi-24P | C-101 | Flaming Cliffs 3

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | The Channel | Syria

I can only imagine F-8J's taking off from Heatblur Forrestal class carriers and fighting Mig-21's somewhere on the Marianas map. This will be glorious.

LOL that map is probably gonna be the most amusing in DCS.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I can only imagine F-8J's taking off from Heatblur Forrestal class carriers and fighting Mig-21's somewhere on the Marianas map. This will be glorious.

I can't wait for some comedian to ask for an F-8 with a Hud and AMRAAM's - because it WILL happen :D

---------------------------------------------------------

PC specs:- Intel 386DX, 2mb memory, onboard graphics, 14" 640x480 monitor

Modules owned:- Bachem Natter, Cessna 150, Project Pluto, Sopwith Snipe

LOL that map is probably gonna be the most amusing in DCS.

Eh, not if you know how to fight properly. :music_whistling:

I can't wait for some comedian to ask for an F-8 with a Hud and AMRAAM's - because it WILL happen :D

That'll happen for sure.

I can see it..."I just want the game to be balanced, you know? The F-8 doesn't have HOBS missiles, so it would be fair to make it superior in BVR by giving it the Phoenix. They both were in service some time in the 70s, so it should be easily doable"

I can see it..."I just want the game to be balanced, you know? The F-8 doesn't have HOBS missiles, so it would be fair to make it superior in BVR by giving it the Phoenix. They both were in service some time in the 70s, so it should be easily doable"

No, I meant like a cold war scenario. Mig-21's vs F-8's.

And even on regular servers you can do well with it, just like you can with the 21 or Viggen. This is DCS after all.

Eh, not if you know how to fight properly. :music_whistling:

I meant that i cant think of a reasonably plausible modern historical scenario where that map is relevant.

I mean in what drug addled reality were the soviets gonna sail there to capture the islands? Maybe China will in 20 more years once their navy is finished, but we will have to wait 20 more years to see in DCS. Or maybe a resurgent japanese empire in some guys fantasy.

I mean its a dumb map for anything other than WW2. In a modern war at best it will be attacked with ballistic missiles or ALCMs from long range bombers.

Compared to operating a carrier in the Black Sea, I think Marianas is perfect, including for F-8. Its not a US military base for nothing

I agree. People will have to learn proper and basic BVR and WVR tactics and techniques in order to succeed. No more hiding in mountains and using magic datalink or awacs calls.

Well, it'll have plenty of open sea for your random naval encounters, plus some nice sightseeing spots. They could have gone all BF2 and made it Wake Island...

I mean whats that look like? A US CVBG vs the Kuz is a slaughter fest every time. And entirely ahistorical.

I agree. People will have to learn proper and basic BVR and WVR tactics and techniques in order to succeed. No more hiding in mountains and using magic datalink or awacs calls.

Well... i guess if someone makes that server, but it still has nothing to with reality.

The PG map is probably the most realistic map we have for CV ops. And if ED made the F4E we'd have a good chunk of the IRAF (F4, F5, F14A) vs US and gulf states (f18, f14b, m2k, f16). Youd might have to nerf the bluefor there to make interesting though.

The syria map will be good for cv ops as well. Provided that redfor ever get a plane with ASMs.

Edited by Harlikwin

I can't see how realistic the actual Strait of Hormuz map is either. As always with the DCS environment we have discrepancies between map, planes and assets ; the timeline is blurred and/or wrong. DCS World is as good as what we make of it (any additional help from ED is welcome though).

Regarding the Marianas, if we take into account the latest Pentagon studies, they confirmed previous analysts reports that the US would be defeated by China in case of an open armed conflict - the case of Guam is treated in these scenarios (these informations have been leaked last week, let's wait for the Pentagon's 2020 China military power report, due for this summer, and read it). While these studies is also a way for officials to gain additional funds for their branch, it is a stark reminder that these scenarios are not pure science fiction or a distant threat in time.

Using the Marianas islands as a theater of war is as good as using the Caucasus or the Strait of Hormuz maps or even better as we will finally have a true blue water engagement.

3rd Wing | 55th Black Alligators * BA-33

Εις ανηρ ουδεις ανηρ

• 4 weeks later...

According to a navair doc dating from 1968-1970, there mentioned the usage of chaffs and flares. Must likely be due to tactical aircraft of the time being prepared to deal with infrared sams and ir missiles.

I can't see how realistic the actual Strait of Hormuz map is either. As always with the DCS environment we have discrepancies between map, planes and assets ; the timeline is blurred and/or wrong. DCS World is as good as what we make of it (any additional help from ED is welcome though).

Regarding the Marianas, if we take into account the latest Pentagon studies, they confirmed previous analysts reports that the US would be defeated by China in case of an open armed conflict - the case of Guam is treated in these scenarios (these informations have been leaked last week, let's wait for the Pentagon's 2020 China military power report, due for this summer, and read it). While these studies is also a way for officials to gain additional funds for their branch, it is a stark reminder that these scenarios are not pure science fiction or a distant threat in time.

Using the Marianas islands as a theater of war is as good as using the Caucasus or the Strait of Hormuz maps or even better as we will finally have a true blue water engagement.

Can you take a screen of your link, its blocked for me.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22