F-8 Crusader

MrDieing

9 minutes ago, RaceFuel85 said:

Its really kind of frustratingly unfortunate the F-8 isn't on the front burner, but it is what it is. 

Agreed on both points. 

The Crusader is the module I’m looking forward to most.

C7A70620-C57D-4078-8E9A-DCE241B051B9.webp

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

Not looking for an update here or any predictions on release date/year, just a question about your intentions. Are y'all even remotely considering the possibility of parlaying your model of the Essex class CV that is coming out with the F4U-1D into a modernized, angled deck version for the Crusader?

• Like 3

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/20/2023 at 6:27 PM, AG-51_Razor said:

Not looking for an update here or any predictions on release date/year, just a question about your intentions. Are y'all even remotely considering the possibility of parlaying your model of the Essex class CV that is coming out with the F4U-1D into a modernized, angled deck version for the Crusader?

I think M3 can  convert from The Essex class CV WW2 version to a SCB-125A angle deck 65 version to acomodate F-8J air wings. On fact, has the middel of work maked. 

15 hours ago, Jagr said:

Given that the "Cold War" multiplayer is really strong its disappointing that the F8 never made the cut.  It would be a really popular option for the Cold War servers.

Huh? It's still in development.

• Like 2

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

On 3/30/2023 at 12:05 PM, Jagr said:

Given that the "Cold War" multiplayer is really strong its disappointing that the F8 never made the cut.  It would be a really popular option for the Cold War servers.

It's still in development

• Like 1

Wishlist:f4e,f4j,f4g,f4e aup,f8,f6f,f4u,f15e,ah1g/w,fr fireball,a7d,g91,jaguar,f1,ch53e.

On 4/3/2023 at 8:22 PM, NoodI said:

It's still in development

I mean the F4U needs to actually get released before the F8 work becomes a thing, plus the 21 rework in the midst of all that. So I don't expect to see the F8 for quite some time.

• Like 2

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

19 hours ago, Harlikwin said:

I mean the F4U needs to actually get released before the F8 work becomes a thing, plus the 21 rework in the midst of all that. So I don't expect to see the F8 for quite some time.

still doesnt mean it was shelved

• Like 1

Wishlist:f4e,f4j,f4g,f4e aup,f8,f6f,f4u,f15e,ah1g/w,fr fireball,a7d,g91,jaguar,f1,ch53e.

3 hours ago, NoodI said:

still doesnt mean it was shelved

I mean its pointless to conjecture about it, it will come when it comes, or not.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Yeah honestly, it isn't shelved per-se, but saying that it's in development isn't quite right either imo. As it is, Mag3 have a lot of work on their plate, and it seems to take some serious time. I am very interested in this bird, but I think until Corsair is out, and ironed out, and that mythical MiG-21 overhaul has actually happened, talking about F-8 being actively developed doesn't make too much sense.

We'll see if it'll come or not, and if it does (I hope it does) I don't expect it to be before 2.5-4ish years.

• Like 1

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

2 hours ago, WinterH said:

Yeah honestly, it isn't shelved per-se, but saying that it's in development isn't quite right either imo. As it is, Mag3 have a lot of work on their plate, and it seems to take some serious time. I am very interested in this bird, but I think until Corsair is out, and ironed out, and that mythical MiG-21 overhaul has actually happened, talking about F-8 being actively developed doesn't make too much sense.

We'll see if it'll come or not, and if it does (I hope it does) I don't expect it to be before 2.5-4ish years.

F-8J has on active develop from some years ago, put on the develop updates, not sure what is the problem.

27 minutes ago, Silver_Dragon said:

F-8J has on active develop from some years ago, put on the develop updates, not sure what is the problem.

The lack of percievable progress. It's slow-cooking, which isn't very encouraging to people who would rather fly it yesterday than today.

Like myself.

• Like 2

So ein Feuerball, JUNGE!

1 minute ago, Bremspropeller said:

The lack of percievable progress. It's slow-cooking, which isn't very encouraging to people who would rather fly it yesterday than today.

Like myself.

Lack of percievable progress and slow cooking has normal on DCS modules... the overrated hype to yesterday has always a problem. Yesterday was F/A-18C/F-16C/AH-64/F-14, today F-4E, F-8, F4U, CH-47, F6F etc, tomorrow a B-17, Tu-22, Uboat type VII, CVN-65 Enterprise or a M1 Abrams module...

40 minutes ago, Silver_Dragon said:

Lack of percievable progress and slow cooking has normal on DCS modules... the overrated hype to yesterday has always a problem. Yesterday was F/A-18C/F-16C/AH-64/F-14, today F-4E, F-8, F4U, CH-47, F6F etc, tomorrow a B-17, Tu-22, Uboat type VII, CVN-65 Enterprise or a M1 Abrams module...

I disagree.

Not sure what you're talking about.

• Like 2

So ein Feuerball, JUNGE!

16 hours ago, Harlikwin said:

I mean its pointless to conjecture about it, it will come when it comes, or not.

Yea

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Six Gun said:

F-8 and IRST. Was reading about the F-8E having one of the first versions of IRST and i was wondering if the version that's being made for DCS will have it?

I can't say for certain, but according to this article/paper I found, the F-8J is just the E model with extra/newer systems that made it much heavier but a more powerful engine.

https://www.aerosociety.com/media/8037/an-examination-of-the-f-8-crusader-through-archival-sources.pdf

This F-8J has the IRST bump visible in front of the canopy.F-8J.jpg

On this F-8J, you can see the ISRT looks to have been removed.

F-8j maybe.jpg

So it seems like depending on what year our F-8J is from we may or may not see the IRST.  Hopefully when the Corsair is released we will get some more info.

• Like 2

Aircraft: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, F-5E, FC3, AV-8B, Mirage 2000C, L-39, Huey, F-86, P-51, P-47, Spitfire, Mosquito, Supercarrier

Maps: Persian Gulf, Syria, NTTR, Marianas, Normandy 2, Channel

Upcoming Modules Wishlist: A-7E, A-6E, F-4, F-8J, MiG-17F, A-1H, F-100D, Kola Peninsula

5 hours ago, Stackup said:

On this F-8J, you can see the ISRT looks to have been removed.

Both are VFP-63 jets, though. VFP-63 was a photo recce unit, flying recce-birds into the early 80s.

The fighter-models were used for training, as VF-124 (the west coast Gator RAG) transitioned to Tomcats in 1972 and VFP-63 took over the RAG role.

So ein Feuerball, JUNGE!