RECOMMENDED OPTIONS (March)

D.Va

[...]

MSAA X2 doesn’t make a super big difference in image quality and I’m going to test it out in different airplanes on different maps. I might have to update my recommendations shortly!

With me it helps removing the "DCS Shimmering" I experience on every kind of lines (Runway markings, roof edges, even whole cities from far above, etc.). Without MSAA it is unbearable.

In any case, that is all very interesting, thanks for your effort.

With me it helps removing the "DCS Shimmering" I experience on every kind of lines (Runway markings, roof edges, even whole cities from far above, etc.). Without MSAA it is unbearable.

In any case, that is all very interesting, thanks for your effort.

Of course, I meant setting MSAA X2 instead of X4 only makes a small visual difference!

Read my DCS 2.5 Optimisation Guide (version 2.5.4):

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3828073

Today I made a... "stylish" landing in the A-10C and ended up in a grassy area. I've never closely examined the Clutter/grass performance until now, but for reference, when in a situation like this it decreases performance by 10% when set to 330 meters (surprisingly short!) and 20% when set to 1500 meters... I will have to update the recommendations to reflect this shortly.

Personally, I think I'll fly with 330 meters. At least in the A-10C in Caucasus theatre.

Read my DCS 2.5 Optimisation Guide (version 2.5.4):

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3828073

There is a better option if you want to eliminate jaggies -wich i don't like-, and it cost less than the built-in game SSAA (even less than MSAAx4) and look better: the Nvidia SuperSampling. Set it like this:

In game, MSAAx2, SSAA OFF

%5Bimg%5Dhttps%3A//i.ibb.co/3BpGBkm/Screen-190311-222046.jpg[/img]

then go in Nvidia Inspector, and:

-IMPORTANT- MFAA: ON

Transparency Supersampling: 2x Supersampling

%5Bimg%5Dhttps%3A//i.ibb.co/bFKgz0Y/Capture.jpg[/img]

Enjoy great visual with good performance. If you want to use x4 Transparency Supersampling, you have to choose MSAA x4 in-game.

I wish I could rep you for this. This tip is awesome. I gain almost 50 % FPS increase, shimmering reduce to 90 %. I wish I knew it sooner.

Thanks alot man. God bless

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

Thanks, as long as there is an MSAA setting in-game, SuperSampling and MFAA should work, and this is the case in DCS. Great visual and performance, even with the Tomcat. In-game SSAA is a true frame killer, not the Nvidia one. Go figure :dunno:

Thanks, as long as there is an MSAA setting in-game, SuperSampling and MFAA should work, and this is the case in DCS. Great visual and performance, even with the Tomcat. In-game SSAA is a true frame killer, not the Nvidia one. Go figure :dunno:

I've been testing this out and so far like the results. Nvidia SS seems to reduce the shimmering and not nearly the fps impact as the in-game SSAA. I'm running MSAA 4x/SS 4x and man it looks NICE.

Have you tried the SGSS? If I remember the last time I played with SGSS it murdered the fps.

PC Hardware: Asus Maximus XIII Hero / i9-10900K / 64 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE / Samsung 960 NVMe / LG OLED48CX / Reverb G2

Flight Controls: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / VKB T-RUDDER MKIV / Cougar MFD Set

DCS Modules: F-14 Tomcat / F/A-18C Hornet / AV-8B NA / F-5E Tiger II / A-10C Warthog / F-16C Viper / UH-1 Huey / LOFC3 / Spitfire LF Mk. IX / P-51D Mustang / WWII Assets Pack / Normandy 1944 / NTTR Map / Persian Gulf Map / Syria Map

I've been testing this out and so far like the results. Nvidia SS seems to reduce the shimmering and not nearly the fps impact as the in-game SSAA. I'm running MSAA 4x/SS 4x and man it looks NICE.

Have you tried the SGSS? If I remember the last time I played with SGSS it murdered the fps.

Yes SGSS kill FPS, about 15/20 less than SSAA with my spec, and honestly, I don't see any visual difference between them.

I tried this the other day and whilst it definitely worked it didn’t have the same effect as the in game setting but I was on a 1080P screen. I imagine with a 1440p screen it’ll be spot on. So much so, I’ve just ordered one!

i7 8700k @ 5.0ghz. Strix GTX1080Ti. 32GB RAM @ 3600. 2x Hyper X SSD’s with DCS on one. Oculus Rift S. Asus PG278-QR. Liquid Series PC with liquid CPU and GPU cooling.