[App]server starter/watcher

robgraham

So like most people I was using Restart on Crash to handle any issues with DCS crashing etc but with the New DCS server options that became a little hard to do.. because of that I decided given ED haven't given us a way to really control/monitor servers from the actual server I'd make my own controller app for it.

Now a few cavets, this is really basic, it only handles 3 instances at the moment (all I run on my server box) and it doesn't monitor anything other then the DCS instance (no SRS etc monitoring).

It does however let you select the 3 main options, set the write folder, a time out for if it hard locks to restart the instance, and a auto restart option for if you want to have the server automatically restart on a crash.

you can grab it from https://www.taskgroupwarrior.info/download/dcs-servercontrol.zip

I've included the SOURCE code in the zip, you don't need it to run the file but i wanted to be transparent and well if any one wants to extend it they can I did this really really quick and dirty and it's only got the basics of exception capturing etc on it.

To use simply extract the .exe and .exe.config to were-ever you want and run the servermonitor.exe if your DCS is running as ADMIN you'll need to run the servermonitor.exe as admin if you want it to be able to autorestart else UAC will go 'hey you want to open this'

This is provided as is, if you use it it's at your own risk etc.

And Eagle... you REALLY need to make us something like this that's NATIVE to the server please!!!...

dcsservercontrol.jpg.b2f5fa316eeeb407ec176e11ed8d6d6f.jpg

Edited by robgraham
add app to the title

i7 13700k, 64gb DDR5, Warthog HOTAS, HP Reverb G2 VR, win 11, RTX 3070

TGW Dedicated Server Admin, Australian PVE/PVP gameplay. (taskgroupwarrior.info/2020)

Excellent! Instant download for me. Seems to be working 10/10 with some self-induced crashes.

One request if it's not to much work: Restart timer.

If it was possible to have this tool restart the server each X minutes or hours this would be the only server tool I'd need :)

Excellent! Instant download for me. Seems to be working 10/10 with some self-induced crashes.

One request if it's not to much work: Restart timer.

If it was possible to have this tool restart the server each X minutes or hours this would be the only server tool I'd need :)

I can look at setting up a restart timer in there. and what was the self induced crash (incase some one else is doing it) i'm presuming the save path?

I'm also looking at adding a SRS instance for each server..

TGW Dedicated Server Admin, Australian PVE/PVP gameplay. (taskgroupwarrior.info/2020)

Sorry, bad choice of words.

I was using release version of MOOSE with SPAWN:InitRepeatOnEngineShutDown() and latest OB to voluntarily cause DCS crashes along with and a super old program I have that can cause most application of choice to crash that I have at work to test application resiliency and to trigger failovers. Not sure about how it works, a friend wrote it for me like 10+ years ago :D

Your application was working like it should at all times :)

Sorry, bad choice of words.

I was using release version of MOOSE with SPAWN:InitRepeatOnEngineShutDown() and latest OB to voluntarily cause DCS crashes along with and a super old program I have that can cause most application of choice to crash that I have at work to test application resiliency and to trigger failovers. Not sure about how it works, a friend wrote it for me like 10+ years ago :D

Your application was working like it should at all times :)

Need to run some tests (though it's working locally more just need to check it on the server) but added your request.

serverman2.0.jpg.5a610bee6509066793eba679594b3ff0.jpg

So just updated this to the new version in the previous post.

Main features:

- Slight redesign of the UI it's still very rough and basic but i'm more function over form at the moment to be honest, servers are now tabbed.

- Added ability to run a Kill and Auto Restart based on X amount of minutes for those wanting to force a restart of their server.

- Added a warning when you click on the auto restart to warn you that you best have everything entered as it will automatically try and start dcs the moment you hit yes.

- Added an uptime count.

- In the source code commented some stuff so if any one else goes in they can work it out.

Still to do:

- Move the main 'process' over to it's own class so that things can be instanced rather then hard coded allowing for more then 3 servers.

- Add the ability to tie an SRS process to the DCS process and monitor it.

- Add a lot of exception catching etc so if something does fall on it's ass for some reason it's handled gracefully rather then well ungracefully.

anyway same link will get you it.

https://www.taskgroupwarrior.info/download/dcs-servercontrol.zip

• 4 weeks later...

Great stuff! Instant download here, gonna try it tomorrow.

Question, is it possible to have the program check the computer time and do a restart on a fixed time if reached?

Awesome work, keep it up!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Vincere Est Totum

Frosties, currently it's process time not local time.. I can look into doing a datetime check option though can't promise.. guessing you want it so that you can do say if time is 8pm restart?

• 10 months later...

So just a few things... for any one using this still..

1. I've github'd the entire source code here https://github.com/robgrahamau/DCSServerControl for any one who wants to use it.. normal deal if you improve on it please throw it back so we can all benefit

2. thanks to frosties I've found and fixed a bug with the display of path to dcs.

you can get the latest build in the repo it's in the release build.. i know i suck and don't have a direct .zip for it.

• 1 year later...

updated to account for the issue that 2.7 can't / won't report correctly to windows debug tools that it's UI's nonresponsive (always reports it)

https://github.com/robgrahamau/DCSServerControl/releases/tag/2.7