Is there a good way to practice BVR fights?

I like this DLC because I enjoy the dogfighting practice. This will give me many hours of fun. But what about BVR dogfights? I don't think this includes that because it is BFM. What's a good way to practice BVR? Do you guys make a BVR campaign for Aim-120's and long-range practice?

No such thing as "BVR dogfight" :) It's either BVR or WVR - dogfight.

For a good start just load Instant mission Bomber Intercept. Even better if you read aircraft manual first.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

No such thing as "BVR dogfight" :) It's either BVR or WVR - dogfight.

For a good start just load Instant mission Bomber Intercept. Even better if you read aircraft manual first.

Thanks for clearing up the difference between BVR and a dogfight. I thought it was all the same. Anyway, how would reading the manual give me the hands-on BVR practice I asked for?

Thanks for clearing up the difference between BVR and a dogfight. I thought it was all the same. Anyway, how would reading the manual give me the hands-on BVR practice I asked for?

Because you need knowledge before practice. What would you do without knowing what and how to practice? It's just my advice so do not take offence.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

• 4 months later...

Sorry for reviving the old thread, but it might be useful to others.

Anyway, how would reading the manual give me the hands-on BVR practice I asked for?

Because F-15C in DCS is basically an AMRAAM-propelled flying radar - most other systems aren't simulated. For BVR combat you must know the radar and its modes very well, and the manual has it covered in great detail. You can also have a look at this awesome F15 guide on Mudspike (particularly the "Beyond Visual Range" part). Third option is

that has the official FC2 training videos.

If you want a "story-driven" BVR practice, I recommend getting 'The Georgian War' campaign by Baltic Dragon. This is not a tutorial campaign, but it has tons of fairly easy BVR encounters, and will also let you learn some basic missile evasion maneuvers, brevity, and other useful stuff.

Edited by Minsky

Dima | My DCS uploads