Simple Collective Lever for Warthog throttle- quick change.

Terry Dactil

This works!

It is much easier for me to fly a helicopter now that the up-down control is up-down and not fore-aft.

There is just enough space between the two throttle levers (abut 4mm) and the magnetic connector hole for the pin used to join both throttles is perfect for for holding a a linkage to operate the right throttle as the collective control.

With some tubing and a couple of bolts I had lying around I 3d printed some component to make this simple collective lever that can be quickly removed for normal fixed wing operation.

Down

1551028491_fulldown.thumb.jpg.9c9e7230058a4b9c3caa5eb5f3546364.jpg

Up

270935012_fullup.jpg.7a58955c2ca0bd6974c5e0b068185103.jpg

Disconnected

disconnected.jpg.3b856270db0a3475840e41b382ba7c59.jpg

Some day I will get around to making a proper collective lever with all the buttons and switches, but right now this one works fine.

• Like 3

Terry thats a bloody great idea, can you make me one ?

Regards

DL available skins here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=Strut

Pictures of my Skins here: https://imgur.com/a/bOQyQqW

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64bit, Intel® Core i7-5820K CPU OC @ 4.50GHz x6, X99A GAMING PRO CARBON, MSI RTX 2080 TI GAMING X TRIO 11Gb, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSD 960 EVO250GB, SSD 850 EVO 500GB, JetSeat, MFG Crosswind Pedals, VPC Mongoose T-50, TMWH, DSD ButtonBox, Pimax 5k XR/BE

Sorry, but I am not in a position to manufacture this. :(

It was built from scrap material I had in the junk box, and designed around the layout of my control chair.

The main idea was to show that a simple linkage could do the job, and to give others an idea for their own build.

I'm more interested in your stick extension. How did you do that?

EDIT: Found the part2 thread and the file. I don't have a 3d printer though, and after several minutes looking around, I don't see any web services that accept the F3D format. Know any?

Edited by RogueSqdn

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

No probs Terry, all good mate !

Regards

DL available skins here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=Strut

Pictures of my Skins here: https://imgur.com/a/bOQyQqW

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64bit, Intel® Core i7-5820K CPU OC @ 4.50GHz x6, X99A GAMING PRO CARBON, MSI RTX 2080 TI GAMING X TRIO 11Gb, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSD 960 EVO250GB, SSD 850 EVO 500GB, JetSeat, MFG Crosswind Pedals, VPC Mongoose T-50, TMWH, DSD ButtonBox, Pimax 5k XR/BE

RogueSqdn:

The F3D files are the original Fusion360 design drawings that someone requested to be able to make modifications.

The STL files are lurking at the bottom of post #1 and named HOTAS.zip

You need only the first 3 files for the extension

• 50mm extension - Body.stl.
  • 50mm extension - nut.stl
  • 50mm extension nut retainer.stl

Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks! I’ll defin be getting that made. I have a Sahaj 100mm extension and it’s way too high to work well with my Obutto.

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

• 1 year later...

I have had a request for the stl files for the collective lever, and I have put them here in case anyone else is interested..
Collective lever.zip 
Be aware that this was designed around an old length of aluminium tube I had in a junk box.
The outside diameter is 22.3 mm so it appears to be some 7/8" tube that was used before we went metric.
In case you can't get tubing this size, I have included the Fusion 360 design files so you can make any changes required.

Two 6mm bolts and some rubber tubing for the handgrip will also be required.

Collective.JPGCollective fittings v18.f3d

• Thanks 2

• 8 months later...

Printed the files up last night on resin printer and the alum tube 25mm OD fitted like a glove. Terry did you resize the latest .stl files? For Aussies I got the tube from Bunnings for $7aud. Thanks for the files Terry. Appreciate your efforts and ingenuity while I wait the couple of months for my Virpil to arrive.

There we were....two against a thousand.....so what'd we do....Shotem' both!!!!

Intel core I5-9600, GB RTX 2080TI@2050Mhz, Asus ROG Strix Z390, 32GB G.Skill ddr4 3000 Ram. 40" Philips 4K monitor, HP Reverb, Vive Pro, Rift CV1, TMWH and SimXperience Motion Sim, Lime green jocks, Jack Daniels 1770, 2 packs Marlborough, etc etc etc...:megalol: