ATC love, does it also mean taxiing?

Hi guys,

DCS is a great simulator ... but still can't believe how basic and bugged is the Air Traffic Control.

I know that Matt said that they might give it some love after the carrier crew ... but anyone knows if they meant by ATC only the radio interaction... or also all the taxiing around?

I commonly end up having a destruction derby when all the AI aircraft are landing back to base. See the attached pictures, those 2 happened during the same mission.

AI LIKE to derby when landing back home. I wish they also meant cleaning the AI interaction at airfield by ATC.

*** I CAN REPRODUCE EASILY, SEE ATTACHED MISSION IN POST #7 ***

Very easy to reproduce.

Execute the attached mission (POST #7) (Dubai map)

- Four AI F-16 that take-off from an airfield

- Land back.

- No others objects ...empty airfield.

They will ram each other, every time.

Screen_190309_233133.thumb.png.5fb17b0dbb1c7871c284990380c261b1.png

Screen_190309_233113.thumb.png.9737148c2a79ffe7ce18f49d34bb7c66.png

Edited by Frag

I think it would be good to say that users shouldn't expect AI to behave like real people. We as mission builders should also try to make our missions so that the AI don't get overwhelmed...

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

I think it would be good to say that users shouldn't expect AI to behave like real people. We as mission builders should also try to make our missions so that the AI don't get overwhelmed...

Why shouldn't we expect AI to be able to operate correctly on airfields when the other modern combat flight sim is doing it since 20 years ?

The core functionalities of the sim (ATC, weather, ordinance effects, updated 3D models objects) is what I expect the most from ED. It can't get delivered soon enough.

There are only two types of aircraft, fighters and targets. - Major Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson, USMC

Why shouldn't we expect AI to be able to operate correctly on airfields when the other modern combat flight sim is doing it since 20 years ?

The core functionalities of the sim (ATC, weather, ordinance effects, updated 3D models objects) is what I expect the most from ED. It can't get delivered soon enough.

Develop software has not a "copy paste", that require adapt them to the engine, code and the environment and plan steeps to reach milestones (and build associate technology to make them).

About "core functionalities", all has your priorities and ED has a To-Do to make.

-ATC has in progress as I put on a previously post.

-Weather has on develop, but actually has not show pics about them.

-ordinance effects has on develop (on 2018 was updated explosions effects and was recruit a effect developer).

-3D model objects on continue update and making news objects.

Having 4 airplanes landing at an empty airport is far from overwhelming. Looking at those ramming each other simply shows a very limited AI code and simply no time invested in fixing this. I see this all the time even with small number of aircraft.

There are TONS of games around having dozens of cars racing in the streets, people walking around ...or any kind of objects moving around without hitting each other. So back to my point, this is not overwhelming to have 4 planes taxiing around without ramming each other.

So my original question being.... was this acknowledge as a design issue and considered in the ATC rework? I am surely not the only one who noticed this. It is kind of a disappointment for us to design high detailed mission, for at the end of it landing back at the airfield to see 4 F-16 (who survived a huge dogfight) piled up at the airport in fire with 4 dead pilots around it. Kind of a buzz killer if you ask me.

Execute the attached mission (Dubai map)

- Four AI F-16 that take-off from an airfield

- Land back.

- No others objects ...empty airfield.

They will ram each other, every time.

F16 Taxi Bug.miz

Edited by Frag

Develop software has not a "copy paste", that require adapt them to the engine, code and the environment and plan steeps to reach milestones (and build associate technology to make them).

About "core functionalities", all has your priorities and ED has a To-Do to make.

-ATC has in progress as I put on a previously post.

-Weather has on develop, but actually has not show pics about them.

-ordinance effects has on develop (on 2018 was updated explosions effects and was recruit a effect developer).

-3D model objects on continue update and making news objects.

Of course coding is not just a copy/paste exercise, I never said it was. It just means that 20 years ago there was already an excellent rendition of airport operations able to manage several dozen aircrafts - yes, several dozens.

As usual, it's all about priorities, if ED decided to put a lot of efforts into ATC procedures we could have it pretty fast I guess. That's what frustrating about our sim, we don't know how they manage ressources, we are in the dark regarding the development process.

There are only two types of aircraft, fighters and targets. - Major Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson, USMC