RANDOM CONDITIONAL TRIGGERS

tyleru7d894

I'm not new to ME, but I'm also not a crazy expert.

Can someone explain to me how the RANDOM conditions work? My assumption is that it adds in a probability of the CONDITIONS to trigger the ACTIONS, but it doesn't seem to work that way from my testing.

For example, for testing, I set it up like this:

1x A10

1x Mig-23 (on late activation)

1x Trigger Zone

TRIGGERS:

1 ONCE/NO EVENT

CONDITIONS:

ALL OF GROUP IN ZONE (SINGLE A10, New Trigger Zone)

RANDOM (25%)

ACTIONS:

GROUP ACTIVATE (MIG-23)

My expected outcome is that there's a 25% chance of that MIG-23 spawning when the A10 enters the trigger zone. But booting up the mission 10 times, 10 out of 10 of those times the Mig-23 spawned when the A10 entered the trigger area which seems like a statistical improbability. I've tested various other times too and reach the same outcome.

Am I misinterpreting the use of the RANDOM condition?

Edited by tyleru7d894

Correct me if I'm wrong, but with the ONCE/NOEVENT type of trigger, wouldn't it keep testing for that condition until it's TRUE? Therefore, it keeps testing until your 25% random chance is achieved... (yielding 100% chance)

So, you could set two triggers like so:

Trigger #1

TRIGGERS:

ONCE/NO EVENT

CONDITIONS:

ACTIONS:

FLAG SET RANDOM VALUE (1,0,100)

Trigger #2

TRIGGERS:

ONCE/NO EVENT

CONDITIONS:

FLAG IS MORE (1,75)

ACTIONS:

GROUP ACTIVATE (MIG-23)

Edited by A101Wayz
Correction to logic

Wayz Out

Intel Core i9 9900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z390E Gaming MB | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32gb DDR4-3200 | GeForce RTX 2080 Ti | Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe

HTC Vive Pro VR | Logitech G x56 HOTAS | Logitech G PRO Pedals

The RANDOM condition can be used in multiple types of triggers and combined with different functions to get a required output.

The simplest application is a type:MISSION START with condition:RANDOM (x). It is only evaluated only at the start, only one time, and does not require any other conditions. Example -- MISSION START / RANDOM (25) / GROUP ACTIVATE ("Enemy CAP")

Using RANDOM (x) in ONCE triggers requires a little more investment due to trigger behavior. ONCE-type triggers are executed once only (when all conditions are met), but evaluated every second until true. This makes a RANDOM condition eventually become true regardless of the percentage value. Thus, some other conditions need to be part of the trigger to control the output. Additional triggers may be required depending on the conditions and actions to be achieved.

SWITCHED CONDITION triggers using RANDOM are evaluated like ONCE triggers, but can be executed infinitely meaning it will constantly be evaluated. Without some controlling conditions and secondary triggers, it will become true eventually.

See my posts in this thread:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=233680

The RANDOM condition can be used in multiple types of triggers and combined with different functions to get a required output....

Thanks, very clear explanation.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

A101wayz's method is an excellent alternative to using the RANDOM condition. His setup only requires two triggers to achieve a 25% chance.

To utilize RANDOM in your setup, it will take three triggers:

Trigger #1

1 ONCE/No Event

Conditions:

Actions:

FLAG ON (50)

Trigger #2

ONCE/No Event

Conditions:

FLAG IS TRUE (50)

RANDOM (25)

FLAG IS FALSE (51)

Actions:

GROUP ACTIVATE (MIG-23)

Trigger #3

ONCE/No Event

Conditions:

TIME SINCE FLAG (50 / 1 second)

Actions:

FLAG ON (51)

This will allow for only 1 second to evaluate the RANDOM condition as true.