Unveiling the Long Awaited VPC MongoosT-50 Flightstick Base Successor!

Cyph3r

Hello VIRPILs!

The VPC MongoosT-50 Base was our first flightstick base announced in December 2016, it targeted the professional flightsim pilot offering a wide range of adjustments including independently swappable cams, springs and adjustable axis pre-tensioners.

With a 15 degree deflection angle from the center, the VPC MongoosT-50 Base provided an excellent experience with extreme levels of accuracy when combined with extensions and center-mounted using our VPC Desk Mounts - forming the VPCockpit, or in a custom cockpit mount.

In less than a year and a half, thousands of VIRPILs became proud owners of the VPC MongoosT-50 Base including representatives of the best aerobatic teams and combat squads. We received an incredible amount of feedback regarding the design, electronics and operation of the base from the community which we are very grateful for!

Today, it is with extreme excitement that the VIRPIL Controls team presents to you the much requested, and long awaited successor to our hugely popular VPC MongoosT-50 Base unit!

Meet the VPC MongoosT-50CM Base!

MT50CMBase_01.thumb.png.df46b5a14cb650ac5316fd7bf51129de.png

After carefully reviewing all the feedback we received previously regarding the VPC MongoosT-50 Base, the entire mechanism has been beautifully redesigned from the ground up while still maintaining the focus on use in mounted setups with extensions.

Axis deflection from center has been increased to 16 degrees. This slightly increases the total arc length for finer control and precision, while still maintaining suitability and practicality when using 50mm-150mm VPC Flightstick Extensions.

The VPC MongoosT-50CM continues to feature an all-metal gimbal, constructed from high quality, high strength D16T duralumin.

MT50CMBase_03.thumb.png.6f364993bac0461503ea875da49a0297.png

The redesigned mechanism allows for much faster and easier cam and spring changes without requiring complete disassembly. By simply completely loosening the axis pretensioner the axis springs can be changed:

MT50CMBase_04.thumb.png.2f81ac85adf44469773b125bccb24ac2.png

The bottom plate can then be removed and the axis arms can be accessed to change the cams:

MT50CMBase_02.thumb.png.edeaf462c0d9528587d864a932ba013a.png

Included as standard with the VPC MongoosT-50CM Base are:

Springs:

• Light Springs
  • Medium Springs
  • Heavy Springs

Cams:

• AviaSim Soft Center (Increasing deflection force)
  • AviaSim No Center (Increase deflection force)
  • CosmoSim Soft Center (Linear deflection force)
  • CosmoSim No Center (Linear deflection force)

The USB cable to the base is now detachable via a quick-connect port. For future expandability, the base also features an auxiliary device quick-connect port, more details on this will be revealed soon!

MT50CMBase_05.thumb.png.a7e3139c888e1ac702292c80b64628f3.png

The VPC MongoosT-50CM will of course maintain full compatibility with all existing and future VPC Grips as well as the TM Warthog and TM Cougar Grips.

MT50CMBase_06.thumb.png.c20eb5d371c3cbf5f0c7e5256552c35a.png

Alongside the new VPC MongoosT-50CM Base, we would also like to reveal our redesigned second-generation VPC Desk Mount!

DeskMountV2_01.thumb.png.5bb872e109f0b39dc7578e3da693db99.png

The VPC Desk Mount is now angled to allow better clearances with the mounted controller and now comes in 2 form factors - a longer length for extended flightsticks, and a shorter length for unextended flightsticks and throttles.

We will also be offering additional mounting plates for keyboards, mice and other flight accessories. More details will follow in our next announcements! Release date is scheduled for April 2019.

We would also like to announce news regarding the re-introduction of pre-orders due to popular community demand.

We understand that due to the incredibly high demand we’re experiencing, there can be difficulties acquiring our products. We certainly do not wish for anyone to experience any sort of disappointment so we will be introducing a limited run pre-order when a new product is first announced. The pre-order period will be both time and quantity limited and automatically closed.

During the pre-order period any of our products can be purchased along with the newly announced item ensuring a complete order. After the limited pre-order run, no further pre-orders will be accepted and our products can be purchased as normal from our webstore during our scheduled restocks.

This system will allow people who are happy to wait for pre-orders to go with that option, and people who would rather order from available stock will have the opportunity after the limited pre-order run!

For full terms and conditions on our pre-order system, please visit: https://virpil-controls.eu/payment-info

The next pre-order period will open on the 15th March 2019 with the scheduled delivery date to follow 90 days after payment receipt.

The VPC MongoosT-50CM Base will be available at a discounted pre-order price of 269,95 EUR ex VAT. Pre-orders will close on 31st March 2019 or when the quantity limit has been reached.

The standard store price for the VPC MongoosT-50CM base will be 289,95 EUR ex VAT.

We’re incredibly appreciative of all the support we’ve received over the previous 2 years, we hope to continue to work with everyone in the community to help us develop the best flight sim and space sim controls and accessories to bring real happiness to the virtual skies!

Regards,

VIRPIL Controls Team

► Website: www.virpil.com // ► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VirPilControls // ► Twitter: https://twitter.com/VirPilControls

For support please email support@virpil.com to open a ticket!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Are these base units able to be base mounted?

Can they be screwed into a flat base surface and offer a solid secure attachment?

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Sterling works, chaps

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

:thumbup:

Nice to see you did not abandon the T-50 base concept.

Is the new angled desk-mount needed to accommodate the increased throw or will current desk mount still be sufficient?

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Congratulations.

It looks fantastic.

Baur and Virpil, Keep up the good work!

Sterling works, chaps

Thanks!!

Are these base units able to be base mounted?

Can they be screwed into a flat base surface and offer a solid secure attachment?

Really, the VPC MongoosT-50(CM) Base needs to be mounted via the mounting points on the rear side as this connects directly to the gimbal. Due to the intended use with heavy springs and long extensions, the underside screws (which simply screw into the outer housing) would not be able to handle that level of load.

If you want a base to mount on the underside, check out the VPC WarBRD base!

:thumbup:

Nice to see you did not abandon the T-50 base concept.

Is the new angled desk-mount needed to accommodate the increased throw or will current desk mount still be sufficient?

The old desk mounts should still be fine with the new MongoosT-50CM base, the extra clearance from the new desk mounts give some added comfort!

► Website: www.virpil.com // ► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VirPilControls // ► Twitter: https://twitter.com/VirPilControls

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That looks great!

Do you have a drawing/diagram of it's total range of motion and mounting interface?

Or even better, an "outside surfaces only" CAD/STEP model?

Currently I'm (re)designing my cockpit and would like to include this base in the design.

I can't provide any CAD files in anyway sorry, but I can work on getting you those diagrams for you :) I'll post them up when I've got them!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I can't provide any CAD files in anyway sorry, but I can work on getting you those diagrams for you :) I'll post them up when I've got them!

Great! Thanks :)

Should be very useful information for cockpit builders.

What I'm particulary interested in is the sideview of the base, it's interface and range of motion (and, if possible including various extension options, that would be really nice :) )

And not to worry - being a mechanical engineer using the diagrams and pictures above I can replicate it quite nicely :music_whistling: :pilotfly: :D :harhar:

j/k ;) :D

Am I missing something or is the new T-50 over three hundred US dollars? I had planned to buy the Warbrd base for for about $170 US so I have 2 questions.

First, are they still going to sell the Warbrd base now that the new T-50 is being sold. All I had planned to do is use the Warbrd base on my WH grip.

Second, is the new T-50 that much better than the Warbrd?

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Am I missing something or is the new T-50 over three hundred US dollars? I had planned to buy the Warbrd base for for about $170 US so I have 2 questions.

First, are they still going to sell the Warbrd base now that the new T-50 is being sold. All I had planned to do is use the Warbrd base on my WH grip.

Second, is the new T-50 that much better than the Warbrd?

The VPC WarBRD base will remain in production. Each base is targeting a different kind of setup and one isn't necessarily a replacement for the other.

At the most basic level:

The VPC WarBRD base is designed for desktop or mounted use without extensions. Features a large 22 degree from center deflection angle and includes 2 spring weights and 2 cam types.

The VPC MongoosT-50CM base is designed specifically for mounted use, ideally with extensions. Features a narrower 16 degree from center deflection angle so that the total arc length remains practical even when using long extensions. It includes 3 spring weights and 4 cam types and features axis pre-tension adjustment.

Whether or not the VPC MongoosT-50CM base is better for you depends on what sort of setup you're wanting to put together!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm confused. Why wouldn't I want to buy the WarBRD for half the price instead to use it mounted with an extension if I know that the larger throw will not create problems? The biggest issue is the clearance to my chair as a straight extension puts the stick too much forward. Thus a curved extension is what I need.

I'm really looking forward to the keyboard mount. An analog ministick and a properly curved extension are also a must for me.

I'm getting a bit confused on whether I should and should've waited for all of these features as I've bought the throttle already. Can we expect to be able to retrofit analog ministicks to the throttle or a grip in the future?

Edited by Griffin

By the way ... are you going to sell curved extensions anytime in the future?

Not planned at this time!

I'm confused. Why wouldn't I want to buy the WarBRD for half the price instead to use it mounted with an extension if I know that the larger throw will not create problems? The biggest issue is the clearance to my chair as a straight extension puts the stick too much forward. Thus a curved extension is what I need.

The VPC WarBRD base isn't designed for extensions, the cam and spring designs are more suited for non-extended use. Also the large deflection angle can cause practicality issues in a lot of setups.

However, nothing is stopping you from going ahead with the VPC WarBRD base!

I'm really looking forward to the keyboard mount. An analog ministick and a properly curved extension are also a must for me.

I'm getting a bit confused on whether I should and should've waited for all of these features as I've bought the throttle already. Can we expect to be able to retrofit analog ministicks to the throttle or a grip in the future?

Curved extensions currently aren't in the plan at this time. There's no further news regarding future products at this time, but we'll keep everyone posted! :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hello VIRPILs!

We’d like to confirm a slight change in the schedule of our next restock and pre-order opening dates.

After discussing with some users we’d like to make things as simple as possible - our next restock is still scheduled for 15th March 6pm GMT, however pre-orders will open separately on 17th March.

Pre-orders cannot be combined with orders placed on the 15th March - if you would like to pre-order anything, please complete the entire order after the 17th March!

There will also be some adjustments to the pricing of existing items on the VPC WorldWide Webstore effective today:

• VPC MongoosT-50BE LH Grip: 159,95 EUR
  • VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip: 159,95 EUR
  • VPC WarBRD Base: 169,95 EUR

If you have any questions, please contact support@virpil.com!

Regards,

VIRPIL Controls Team

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]