F18C warthog HOTAS fingerlift MOD

FoxDelta

Does anyone have a curve that works with the AB Detent for this mod?

Intel i7 9700k, 64GB DDR4 (Corsair), Gigabyte Z390 Master, RTX 2080 Ti AMP 11gb, 500GB Sabrent Rocket (System), 1TB XPG Gammix S11 Pro M.2 (DCS), Windows 11 64-bit Pro, Samsung 49" 4K CRG9 Monitor (5120x1440), Samsung Odyssey Plus, TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas, Various streamdecks, button boxes, Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals, Corsair K95 Platinum, Iron Claw mouse.

DCS OB, F-14B Tomcat, F-18C Hornet, F-16C Viper, A-10C Warthog, F-5 Tiger II, AV-8B Harrier, P-51D Mustang, FC3, Super Carrier

Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas, (3) Cougar MFD's, Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals, (2) Stream Decks, (1) Stream Deck XL, (1) Stream Deck Mini, Misc Button Boxes

Hi DERacing.

You can either modify your curves or do a calibration in windows game device settings . be aware that doing a calibration may brake button 29/30 recognition if so u can then follow the installation instructions pdf to get alternativs working. u will have to move the levers from full AB to just a mm beyond idle into cutoff for this calibration

curve modification:

+29/30 still op

- u have to adjust all A/C curves

windows calibration:

+fast and easy

+no need to adjust other A/C curves

-may break button 29/30 (did for me), and will have to apply a software mod, or install additional software as mentioned in installation instructions

if u need further help don t hesitate to contact me

Edited by FoxDelta

Hi,

For those already have the V1, should we get the improved parts or get the whole new V2 set?

Thank you.

OS:Win10 64bit*/MB: Gigabyte X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING / HD:SSD

CPU Type: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X 8-Core 3700Mhz / Ram:32Gb DDR4

Mon: Dell AW3418DW LCD + 3 x CUBESIM displays.

Hotas : TM Warthog #4347 | #80897 | TM F/A-18 Hornet Stick / TM Pendular Rudder / Cougar MFDs / Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC / Elgato Stream Decks / Virpil T50-CM2 Base and Grip / Winwing Super Taurus | PCR | PTO / Monstechtech Desk Mounts 

depends on the parts,

generally they are compatible to each other.

eg there is no need for a new : left clamp, detent, or the grey parts.

for the changeable noses u will need new left and right main fingerlift parts as well as some screws and noses,

regarding the right clamp i suggest the new one as well, as its more robust.

i will make some available as soon as i get the next batch of parts, V2 single part prices are just placeholder till then, i am considering a "minimum necessary parts" upgrade set as well

Edited by FoxDelta

redkite just did a very good tutorial for Hotas detent afterburner match

depends on the parts,

generally they are compatible to each other.

eg there is no need for a new : left clamp, detent, or the grey parts.

for the changeable noses u will need new left and right main fingerlift parts as well as some screws and noses,

regarding the right clamp i suggest the new one as well, as its more robust.

i will make some available as soon as i get the next batch of parts, V2 single part prices are just placeholder till then, i am considering a "minimum necessary parts" upgrade set as well

Thanks... will wait for the "minimum necessary parts". :thumbup:

Hotas : TM Warthog #4347 | #80897 | TM F/A-18 Hornet Stick / TM Pendular Rudder / Cougar MFDs / Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC / Elgato Stream Decks / Virpil T50-CM2 Base and Grip / Winwing Super Taurus | PCR | PTO / Monstechtech Desk Mounts 

• 3 weeks later...

How about a good F-14 AB curve? Anyone have a good one yet?

i9 12900k @ 4.9ghz, 32gb RAM

Nvidia RTX 3090

Windows 11 x64

Valve Index

Brunner CLS-E w/RS F16GRH, Virpil TCS Rotor Plus Collective, BRD F1 Pedals, WH Throttle, FSSB R3 w/WH Grip, PointCTRL v1

Thanks for the mod, it's a wonderful addition to my setup and after playing around a bit with the axis tune the detents work really well.:thumbup:

Congrats!! Using the latest mod ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

F18C warthog HOTAS fingerlift MOD

Hello today i received the mod. Thanks for being so fast but i have some issues and i don't know if it is me doing something wrong:

1)the left detent often remains locked. I raise up and i need to manually push down to put down

2)the throttle don't goes to its maximum with the detents installed it also if i raise the detents and push the two throttles forward

3) it is intended that i lose the possibilities to lock the throttles?I use also single engines planes (f16, jf17). But withthe fingerlift installed the metal lever is blocked by it. And if i force it then the fingerlift doesn’t raise anymore as it is blocked by the metal part.

Am i doing something wrong?maybe installed the detent too high too low.

I watched the video on YT and the pdf but in some parts it is not much clear to me.

thanks

Edited by VirusAM

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Here are some pictures that documents my issues

1) Throttle locker blocked by the fingerlift

62d8babe78415910b4fdd2fe9f4826f0.jpg

2) left fingerlift often don’t go down alone but stops up

06d9a927570972d1f80bd1ff130a359e.jpg7c2f6de5dfb750ca7565c24eb26005a6.jpg

3) here you can see what happens with left fingerlift installed and right not. The left throttle does not arrive till end of the axis the right (without the fingerlift installed) yes. Obviously i raise the fingerlift and surpass the detent but something mechanically stops the handle.

59a491e4967ed5d2364096534fa42733.jpgb243e979c8b3ef9ebeb2609cd06326c3.jpg

in the picture 3 you see the left fingerlift don't screwed. But if i do it won't change. Also the same happens with the right throttle when the mod is installed.

I don't see these issues reported by other people so it is possible that my throttle is different mechanically?I still hope it is me doing something wrong

Thanks

Edited by VirusAM

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

Hello today i received the mod. Thanks for being so fast but i have some issues and i don't know if it is me doing something wrong:

1)the left detent often remains locked. I raise up and i need to manually push down to put down

2)the throttle don't goes to its maximum with the detents installed it also if i raise the detents and push the two throttles forward

3) it is intended that i lose the possibilities to lock the throttles?I use also single engines planes (f16, jf17). But withthe fingerlift installed the metal lever is blocked by it. And if i force it then the fingerlift doesn’t raise anymore as it is blocked by the metal part.

Am i doing something wrong?maybe installed the detent too high too low.

I watched the video on YT and the pdf but in some parts it is not much clear to me.

thanks

Hi VirusAM

I am sorry that u have troubles with the mod.

Let me take care of your issues:

ad 3

I m sorry, thats the way its designed. If u bend the fingerlift forward and the move the lock AND park the metal lock slider, u should have no issues with the lock slider blocking your fingerlifts. just make sure that after locking u rotate the metal slider to stow it

ad 2

as i had to apply some rails for the fingerlifts, despite trying to make them as thin as possible, it was not possible to make the lifts thinner or shorter at the lower area, that causes the levers to loose some millimeters of movement. if u please check the thread or the instructions pdf u can see that there are several ways to synchronize the levers with your aircrafts ingame thottle movement, e. g. custom curves (for each a/c) or game device calibration (for an overall calibration) please make sure u have tried the instructions provided in the pdf.

if u have still troubles, don t hesitate to email me

ad1

this ist most likely happening because the clamp is not screwed together,

(additionaly the screws holding the noses might be tightened slightly too much), make sure that there is no dust or dirt in the rails. let me know if u can t fix it and i ll try my best to assist u

happy landings

Hi VirusAM

I am sorry that u have troubles with the mod.

Let me take care of your issues:

ad 3

I m sorry, thats the way its designed. If u bend the fingerlift forward and the move the lock AND park the metal lock slider, u should have no issues with the lock slider blocking your fingerlifts. just make sure that after locking u rotate the metal slider to stow it

ad 2

as i had to apply some rails for the fingerlifts, despite trying to make them as thin as possible, it was not possible to make the lifts thinner or shorter at the lower area, that causes the levers to loose some millimeters of movement. if u please check the thread or the instructions pdf u can see that there are several ways to synchronize the levers with your aircrafts ingame thottle movement, e. g. custom curves (for each a/c) or game device calibration (for an overall calibration) please make sure u have tried the instructions provided in the pdf.

if u have still troubles, don t hesitate to email me

ad1

this ist most likely happening because the clamp is not screwed together,

(additionaly the screws holding the noses might be tightened slightly too much), make sure that there is no dust or dirt in the rails. let me know if u can t fix it and i ll try my best to assist u

happy landings

Hi thanks for the reply.

What bothers me so much is the 2) about the throttle losing some movement. I mean it’s not few millimeters, it is quite a lot (some centimeters...look at my pictures). And the warthog throttle movement in my opinion is already too short at default. I didn’t know about this aspect and i didn’t see any advertisement of this.

I know how to sync with the software. There is the warthog calibration tool, my issue is about losing some movement

i understand,

of course u are right speaking of centimeters referring to the upper end of the levers, well thats the way its designed, with the actual warthog HOTAS its not possible to have fingerlifts without loosing travel. I am using them as well, and understand that flight simmers want to have their throttle movements as accurate as possible, but i myself had never troubles doing refueling or formation flying with the fingerlifts.

but of course u have to get used to them and this will need some time

handling real engines is diffrent, in DCS and with our hall sensor hotas, it s way to easy IMO

see here at min 1:10

or here

i ll PM u

Edited by FoxDelta

• 1 month later...
Hi Fox_Delta

any eta for the next batch ?

i am waiting for a few parts atm, was in hope to get them till weekend but unfortunately everything seems to need a bit longer during Covid19.

pretty sure to get em next week

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...