[RESOLVED] Jester wheel position

Jeepyb

Same.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

Thx guys, we'll try to patch this. As you might have guessed this is an issue for full screen multimonitor setups.

Thanks.

If by any chance you could provide info on how to do it ourselves if/when you discover the fix, I for one would really appreciate that so as not have to wait until the next update.

Thx guys, we'll try to patch this. As you might have guessed this is an issue for full screen multimonitor setups.

H25ct4ORuDAMGdr8cw4Tz4SF6sqz3W.png

What do you mean with full screen? It's not related to the "full screen" option.

The jester wheel appear to occupy all the total screen area available instead the UIMainView,gui, or center area defined in DCS.

It's a big issues at the moment! If you have any temporary solution please share the method even if will be break the IC probably.

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!

H25ct4ORuDAMGdr8cw4Tz4SF6sqz3W.png

What do you mean with full screen? It's not related to the "full screen" option.

The jester wheel appear to occupy all the total screen area available instead the UIMainView,gui, or center area defined in DCS.

It's a big issues at the moment! If you have any temporary solution please share the method even if will be break the IC probably.

You're correct, none of the developers use multiscreen like this so this was an oversight on our part. We're working on fixing it but it might need a hotfix from our side.

Hey, just wanted to let you know that we're testing a fix now. It will display Jester menu centered and within the limits of UIMainView.

Thanks very much appreciated for the work, can't wait for the fix, now should I build an f-14 cockpit :music_whistling:

Hey, just wanted to let you know that we're testing a fix now. It will display Jester menu centered and within the limits of UIMainView.

Thankyou that’s great news. Does this include the Kneeboard fix as well, which has the same issue?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

When will the hotfix be available?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

If this is in, does this mean it opens in the center of viewport?

Because of you are in VR and looking to a side when opening jester, it is impossible to give orders, as the position of the line in the wheel is tracked by your head...

I hope this is understandable...

If you look at your 3 I'm clock, jester will open at your 12, now when you turn your head to your 12 the line for selecting the order points to your 9....

So made it would be nice if the jester menu opens in the view center, in VR and not at your 12...

Greetings :)

Send via SADL with Tapatalk

If this is in, does this mean it opens in the center of viewport?

Because of you are in VR and looking to a side when opening jester, it is impossible to give orders, as the position of the line in the wheel is tracked by your head...

I hope this is understandable...

If you look at your 3 I'm clock, jester will open at your 12, now when you turn your head to your 12 the line for selecting the order points to your 9....

So made it would be nice if the jester menu opens in the view center, in VR and not at your 12...

Greetings :)

Send via SADL with Tapatalk

+1

If you can't wait for the hotfix, may I reference a post from Clorydric, which did the trick!

It seems Jester wheel position is handled by a lua (DCSWorld\Mods\aircraft\F14\Cockpit\Scripts\JesterAI\JesterAI_Page.lua).

Line 43 :

grid_origin.init_pos = {0, 0, 0}

I set it to

grid_origin.init_pos = {-1.8, 0, 0}

and it's much better.

However it may depends on your screen config... I'm running a 2560*1080 on the left (main screen) and a 1920*1080 on the right (instruments).

For my 3 screen setup (2560*1440)+(1920*1080)+(1920*1080) in that order.

grid_origin.init_pos = {[b]-2.7[/b], 0, 0}

to get it bang in the middle

Thank you, sir.

After the latest patch (2019-03-22) the position and scale of the Jester wheel is incorrect at 3840x2160 when "Scale GUI" is enabled in the main options screen. When "Scale GUI" is disabled the position and scale are correct. (see attached screenshots)

I didn't notice any problems with other resolutions (I tested 1920x1080 and 2560x1440). Those resolutions don't apply GUI scaling as far as I can tell.

449782597_WithScaleGUI.thumb.jpg.9231296beb35e2bd81afd8b2f2ee1dd7.jpg

820840356_WithoutScaleGUI.thumb.jpg.9c60a4863f01aa29130afb51ef5089a6.jpg

• 1 month later...

Again broken on Custom MFD .lua script and multimonitor setup. Current openbeta 2.5.4.30386

Please fix it for next OB release since you know hot to do it ;)

Thanks

Screen_190509_225321.thumb.png.6f69d7e42b742e0923486bd3e3bc4cf6.png

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!

Same here. Because of my monitor setup only part of my second monitor is visible and they are oriented vertically. this means the bottom of the wheel is completely hidden and therefor the f-14 is unusable with this bug. Not everyone has a horizontal arrangement. Just fyi.

• 5 weeks later...

Still seeing the Jester menu messed up with multi-monitor... will try deleting my modified file from when it was jacked up and do a repair. Hopefully that fixes it.

Edit: didn't fix it... jester menu is still cut off from my main monitor. :(

Here is my monitor file:

_ = function(p) return p; end;

name = _('SubDisplay');

Description = 'Sub Displays'

Viewports =

{

Center =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = 3440;