where is my f-14??????

LarryI

Do you have to download all the aircraft you have "again" when you install the beta version? I have the release version but don't really want to download 1 TB of aircraft again... took me near 4 days to do that for release version. Can I just copy paste the aircraft folder files and paste them to the beta file?

I assume you're being sarcastic with respect to the 1TB comment...

Anyway, when you install Open Beta, the installer first copies what it needs from the standard DCS folder, and then proceeds to haul from the internet. What it copies exactly, I have no idea, but it took some time so I assume it was significant (terrain for sure, and maybe sounds and such - I didn't pay attention to find out).

I hope that helps.

If you are serious about the 1TB comment, well, you aren't. DCS just isn't that big, even with 'all the planes' which are about 2-3GB a piece I believe.

If you bought from the Heatblur store you should have received an email from SendOwl.com that has your pre-order key you would use to redeem. If you haven't redeemed your key, make sure you find your purchase emails that had all the important information.

Below is the post Cobra posted shortly after the sales started on how to redeem your key.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3648699&postcount=1

The key does not show up in your ED account I noticed. However, after updating beta version and the game started up, it was available for download in the modules section of the main menu.

If you bought from the Heatblur store you should have received an email from SendOwl.com that has your pre-order key you would use to redeem. If you haven't redeemed your key, make sure you find your purchase emails that had all the important information.

Below is the post Cobra posted shortly after the sales started on how to redeem your key.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3648699&postcount=1

The key does not show up in your ED account I noticed. However, after updating beta version and the game started up, it was available for download in the modules section of the main menu.

If you enter the ED store, click on 'Profile' (top left) and then 'Show all licenses' (bottom left of screen, you should see the F-14 as a keyless product.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

If you enter the ED store, click on 'Profile' (top left) and then 'Show all licenses' (bottom left of screen, you should see the F-14 as a keyless product.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

No not the case for me, i checked the show all licenses 3 times and still not there. I think its a heatblur problem, they say there working on it.

Did both of these on the day I bought it and it never showed up on my account under license or anywhere else. I do run open beta and I followed exactly what Sendowl.com email says (still have it) Did what Cobra said back then. Just got email from Heatblur and they said to run open beta to get it to work. mmm ok I didn't tell them that in email but I did say it didn't bind with my account. Round 2 of emails I guess. Just wondering of the is Heatblur issue or ED's?

Asus Prime 390A, Intel I7-8700k@4.8ghz, 32g ram, Nvidia EVGA GeForce RTX 2070, Track IR5, SSD(DCS dedicated), HDD for Win 10. TM Warthog 78051 Track IR5 Thrustmaster pedels

Just got an email from heatblur with the required info, thank you heatblur. You guys that havent got it yet im sure youll get it soon

May I ask what they told you without you divulging anything private?

Asus Prime 390A, Intel I7-8700k@4.8ghz, 32g ram, Nvidia EVGA GeForce RTX 2070, Track IR5, SSD(DCS dedicated), HDD for Win 10. TM Warthog 78051 Track IR5 Thrustmaster pedels

Alls they did was resend me the original email with the purchase information

Ok yea that wont help me. :) Hopefully they can figure it out.

here is an easy way. go to your shortcut for stable version R-click and choose properties and put this in the target box

"x:\DCS World\bin\DCS_updater.exe"

then pu this in the starts in box

"x:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS OpenBeta"

change the x to the proper drive and click ok and run beta from this shortcut. make notes of everthing that was in the two boxes so you can return the shortcut back to your stable version

the tomcat will show up in the module manager shortly after the game starts