F/A-18C Prefilight Checklist?

florate

There is.

Have I overlooked the obvious or is there not a preflight checklist for the airplane in DCS?

Sure you can do that for the sake of simulation / immersion:

Follow Wags or consult the documentation --

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

NATOPS manual for the F/A-18C has lots of pre flight checks, although most of the default switch positions are where you want them if you're doing normal procedures.

But it's a good way to familiarize yourself with the cockpit and I'm a big fan of checklists :)

type into a search engine "NATOPS F/A-18A/B/C/D" and it'll come up. You're looking for Part III "Normal Procedures."

NATOPS manual for the F/A-18C has lots of pre flight checks, although most of the default switch positions are where you want them if you're doing normal procedures.

But it's a good way to familiarize yourself with the cockpit and I'm a big fan of checklists :)

type into a search engine "NATOPS F/A-18A/B/C/D" and it'll come up. You're looking for Part III "Normal Procedures."

Thank you Theodore42, your NATOPS suggestion is very helpful.

florate

Thank you AMEDooley, I have downloaded the 476th checklist and it appears to be very complete and just what I am looking for.

florate

I’m glad it helped. It’s not complete, I still have to write more of the emergency procedures, but it is slow going.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]