[DCS BUG] TRACK REPLAY BUG

U5off

Yes, when watching a replay track, the F-14 does things you never did when flying it. I taxied out to a runway and took off, but on the replay the plane never took off and crashed into the ground when the gear was retracted. This is just like the Viggen, where replay functionality has been broken for years.

Leatherneck/Magnitude (or what they are called) had the same problem on the MiG-21 and Christen Eagle, but both those were fixed a few weeks ago, so I hope the F-14 and Viggen can be fixed as well, as watching replays of my airshow displays or simply my landings would be a very nice way of reviewing and improving my flying.

Yes, when watching a replay track, the F-14 does things you never did when flying it. I taxied out to a runway and took off, but on the replay the plane never took off and crashed into the ground when the gear was retracted. This is just like the Viggen, where replay functionality has been broken for years.

Leatherneck/Magnitude (or what they are called) had the same problem on the MiG-21 and Christen Eagle, but both those were fixed a few weeks ago, so I hope the F-14 and Viggen can be fixed as well, as watching replays of my airshow displays or simply my landings would be a very nice way of reviewing and improving my flying.

Viggen is working perfectly for now. I cant really imagine how they did those trailers for the Tomcat without a working replay functionality.

It's interesting how both the Fishbed and Viggen had the same issues as the Tomcat does now, but the former two have been fixed. I wonder what it is that's messing up the replay system. Out of the 17 modules that I own, the Tomcat is the only one that supposedly has broken tracks--the idea that "complex modules" have broken tracks doesn't hold up considering the varying complexity across 17 modules. I've just now gotten around to flying it myself and haven't tested the tracks, but I'm not feeling optimistic at the moment.

It's interesting how both the Fishbed and Viggen had the same issues as the Tomcat does now, but the former two have been fixed. I wonder what it is that's messing up the replay system. Out of the 17 modules that I own, the Tomcat is the only one that supposedly has broken tracks--the idea that "complex modules" have broken tracks doesn't hold up considering the varying complexity across 17 modules. I've just now gotten around to flying it myself and haven't tested the tracks, but I'm not feeling optimistic at the moment.

Hopefully It won't take almost 2 years to fix it just like the Viggen's replay bug

If I remember correctly, Cap from the Grim Reapers, records his tracks in a local multiplayer game. I've noticed myself that MP tracks tend to be far more accurate on playback than SP tracks. Could be a nice little workaround.

Why is the rum always gone!?!?!?!

No its not an DCS bug because the replay works fine with other modules.

No it doesn't and yes.. it is a DCS bug. Its been known for years. Its why we have to capture external footage from tracks in MP for YouTube Videos.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

• ED Team
;3837814']No it doesn't and yes.. it is a DCS bug. Its been known for years. Its why we have to capture external footage from tracks in MP for YouTube Videos.

While tracks across the board can have issues, it has been seen with new modules that it can be worse than it should be. I think it needs to be looked at, sounds like the Viggen had similar issues, I know the Yak did as well.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

While tracks across the board can have issues, it has been seen with new modules that it can be worse than it should be. I think it needs to be looked at, sounds like the Viggen had similar issues, I know the Yak did as well.

Yeah It's quiet annoying because I cant even record a simple video without the replay

At the moment replay tracks with every plane work... but only with the Tomcat does the loading bar get stuck at 80-85 % forever. I waited almost 30 minutes... nothing could load. I retried it with another F-14 track on another server, same deal.

The problem with the Tomcat at the moment isn't that it doesn't record proper inputs... it's that you can't have any replay at all.

• 2 months later...

Replay is Useless

Every track I save and try to use in replay, never replays like it did play out as the original. I do not know whay this option even exists. It runs with a mind of it's own. I'll play a mission for 20 minutes and when I replay the track the replay has me getting shot down on five minutes. That's not a replay of the original.

Seems to be useless.

I'm astounded this is labeled a "DCS bug." I have 16 modules (not including user mods and the two freebies), and the F-14 is the only one with broken tracks...

That's not entirely true. The Hornet is the only one that works for me. The rest usually go nuts at some point. Although, i will agree, the Tomcat is the worst. I can't even watch my take off. :huh:

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

+1 on it's broken tried to do a commentary for a training video and suddenly I had been shot by a Sam I was fine in the original, very bizarre.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

I7 3930 4.2GHz ( Hyperthreading Off), GTX1080, 16 GB ddr3

Hotas Warthog Saiteck Combat Pedals HTC Vive, Oculus CV1.

GTX 1080 Has its uses

Incredible.... This has been broken for as far as I can remember...

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

That's not entirely true. The Hornet is the only one that works for me. The rest usually go nuts at some point. Although, i will agree, the Tomcat is the worst. I can't even watch my take off. :huh:

My other 15 modules work just fine in replays.....otherwise I would have almost zero content on my YT channel...

• 2 weeks later...

Just to confirm the problem still exists... I just purchased the Tomcat a few days ago and have yet to be able to watch any tracks because it veers off the runway on takeoff and crashes before I even get airborne... even though the original flights were fine and without incident.

Apart from that though, I'm loving the Tomcat! I must say it's an impressive add-on! Well done!!!

All due respect, Nine- they've been doing that for at least six months. The F-14Bs track replay has not functioned correctly in test for at least that time, and HB has been engaged with ED to solve that.

Given recent events of the third party under-bus 2.5.5 toss, can I suggest a bit less of the instant recrimination, and a bit more unified front between partners? Heatblur has notified ED. ED should make it clear that they're going to work through the issue with their partners, rather than saying said partners need to come to them after a review that many of us know has already taken place.

• ED Team
All due respect, Nine- they've been doing that for at least six months. The F-14Bs track replay has not functioned correctly in test for at least that time, and HB has been engaged with ED to solve that.

Given recent events of the third party under-bus 2.5.5 toss, can I suggest a bit less of the instant recrimination, and a bit more unified front between partners? Heatblur has notified ED. ED should make it clear that they're going to work through the issue with their partners, rather than saying said partners need to come to them after a review that many of us know has already taken place.

Wow, you got all that from one line of type, nice. Please read again, while the bug is marked an ED bug, I believe it will need to be worked out by both ED and HB. So no need to get so carried away.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

• 1 month later...