Salute for take-off at carrier

borba_eagle

Would be really nice and also true to real life.

Wags mentioned in the interview that the tech used to capture animations for the deck crew will be then used to create pilot animations amongst others. Perhaps then...

Although personally think it should it would fit nicely with the deck crew once we get it.

... and +100 for supporting Rampagers!

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

+1!

"Landing on the ship during the daytime is like sex, it's either good or it's great. Landing on the ship at night is like a trip to the dentist, you may get away with no pain, but you just don't feel comfortable"

— LCDR Thomas Quinn, USN.

Pretty sure that this thing is gonna land soon or later with this module, certainly not a priority due to the others things to do before (weapons, systems), but I'm sure that ED have already think about it with those upcoming carrier capabilities .

(I also want the net arrestor for crash landing... :D )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Make the reporting system great again!

Yes, this is planned for later as part of the new carrier communications for CASE I, II, III ops.

Thanks

This is honestly the feature I am hyped for the most.

Edit: realistic carrier ops, that is. Not just the salute feature.

Edited by Manuel_108

+1 Consistency and something immersive, definitely gets my vote.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Plus one

-150 couldn't care less.

+151 - I do care :)

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

The salute itself is just eye candy. But of course, as DCS is about realism, being able to conduct the correct launch sequence instead of getting automatically shot out of the boat when you select mil without having performed the proper checks, is a must (although not high priority understandbly). Glad to see the salute will be implemented!

It surprises me that some people oppose this :huh:

• ED Team
The salute itself is just eye candy. But of course, as DCS is about realism, being able to conduct the correct launch sequence instead of getting automatically shot out of the boat when you select mil without having performed the proper checks, is a must (although not high priority understandbly). Glad to see the salute will be implemented!

It surprises me that some people oppose this :huh:

It will be critical to make sure the player does not takeoff too earlier and make road kill out of deck crew.

Yep, there is ALWAYS at least one person that will find the negative in anything.

Thanks

I'm so looking forward to the animated deck crew. It will bring real life into something that has so far been a pretty sterile experience.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

These all adds to the immersion. Anxiously waiting for it.

Also the new Nimitz class carrier with animated crew and ATC communications will be absolutely great. Bring it on ED.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Just an idea to add to the realism of the salute mechanics, but can the night time cat launches use the master lights switch to signal a "salute" as ready to launch?

IE in day time you use a hand salute gesture to signal the CAT officer, at night time the signal is the exterior lights on the aircraft turning on to signal the CAT officer (VIA the master lights switch on the throttle for example)

Also would like to see the sparking visual effect from the aircraft hook hitting the deck and dragging on it with a bolter. As well as the actual cable itself causing sparks from hitting the deck when caught.

Yes!

These all adds to the immersion. Anxiously waiting for it.

Also the new Nimitz class carrier with animated crew and ATC communications will be absolutely great. Bring it on ED.

Abso-catshot-lutely!

Wow. I am really jealous of you guys that ED is putting all this effort for something like that. Enjoy the moment.
Jealous? No need to be. Join in on the action.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset