[RESOLVED] F14 VR worst FPS killer

boedha68

Fine for me mostly, a few patches of stutters but i find taking my rift off for 10/20 seconds let the HMD screen go into standby then put it back on clears it right up. If your desktop mirror shows decent fps, but its feel choppy in game, try the above. Also as mentioned, delete your fxo & metashaders2 folders in saved games.

After every update I do a clean and repair, and delete fxo and metashaders. Every time. My in-cockpit fps is stable and actually slightly better than the Hornet...

Now where are we posting CTD's?

i7 7700K @5.0, 1080Ti, 32GB DDR4, HMD Odyssey, TM WH, Crosswind Rudder...

F14 in vr runs smooth, same performenc with f18. Littel heavy for first load, see cockpit textures load slow.

System

Hydro H115i with 8700k @ 4,9 ghz all cores, Asus strix Z370 f, 32gb ddr4 3600Mhz, Asusrog swift 34 gsync ,Vr hp Reverb .Palit gaming pro 2080 ti Thrustmaster Warthog f18grip and th pedal

Steamvr ss 100% and dcs world ss 180%

tomcat eats the viper for breakfast :P

Lange lebe die Tomcat": Long live the Cat!

For anyone with frame rate issues, delete the fxo and metashaders folders in your Saved Games directory.

Went from almost unplayable to good and consistent frame rate.

Same experience. Before clearing fxo and metashaders unplayable, now I have similar performance to F18.

My biggest problems were solved with the deletion of fxo and metashaders2, but my oculus are having a problem with this module:

After several perfect minutes (8-10min), begin to appear trail efect and lite loss headtrack...

Solution turn off the ASW (left_ctrl + Numpad 1),after a few seconds turn on ASW (left_ctrl + numpad 3) and goes well for for another 10 min, then come back. ASW has a problem wint this module??. The oculus sofware is the last version 1.36. Asw is wrong in v1.36??

Solution turn off asw for me

Edited by Werewolf_fs

VR performance in the 14 is SIGNIFICANTLY lower than in the A10C for me. i5 9600k @ 5.1GHz, 32GB RAM, 1080 Ti, on a SATA SSD (if that matters to anyone) and the Rift.

Also causing performance issues is that it is impossible to read the gauges at anything below a PD of 2.0.

Help for anyone else who is suffering:

Biggest performance gains are achieved by setting shadows to flat, and turning off MSAA and SSAA.

To those who are saying "Early Access" and basically 'suck it up' perhaps this isn't the thread for you. The reality is that many people - everyone I've flown with personally - are experiencing very low performance in VR with this particular module.

It is in fact an issue that Heatblur needs to be aware of so they can work on it. The fastest solution would be to cut back the weathering on the text in the cockpits so everyone can lower their PD. This would make people happy and help performance.

So there you go, bug reported, help suggested, and a solution suggested. It's not hard to be helpful.

F-14B, A-10C,F-18C Lot 20, F-16C, UH-1H, SA342, Spitfire LF Mk IX, F-15C, Mig-29, Supercarrier, Nevada, Persian Gulf

i9 9900k 5.0GHz, 32GB RAM, 1080Ti, Rift S, Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind pedals, Dual Monitors 4K & 1080

Every Day, Someone Uses Cute Krispy Snacks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Same here... my GPU not even maxed out, stuck at 55-60%, but all cores/threads of my CPU only at 50-60%... very strange (see my signature below for system specs)

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Mirrors people, mirrors.

Yes,

Mirrors: OFF

Terrain Object Shadows: Flat

MSAA: x2

Water: Medium

Terrain Textures: Medium

---

I suspect the Tomcat to be very high-poly, with huge textures.

That said, it's another great DCS module.

i7-7700K@4.8GHz, 16Gb-3200, GTX-1080Ti-Strix-11Gb, Maximus IX Hero, Oculus Rift, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C, Logitech G940 Pedals.

Hi

Probably I think that it is mostly due to the capacity of VRAM when you see the VR harsh fps of F-14. This is because the F-14 uses a lot of detailed textures. This is when I'm flying with four F-14s, but in my environment I can maintain 60 FPS even with the mirror enabled.

Sk9yc6i.png

I think that it is effective to review the setting of the texture and the setting of the mirror to solve this.

Dear Heatblur:It may be nice to have the option of selecting VR textures so that many people can comfortably use VR.

Edited by panda nick

Windows 10Pro for Workstation 64bits

CPU:intel Xeon W-3275M 28Core56thread

DDR4-2666 384GB RAM

GPU:Nvidia Quadro RTX8000

SSD:intel 900p

SSD:Samsung HHHL3.2TB SSDs×2

Seasonic 1000W PSU

|TM Warthog Stick | SLAW DEVICE RUDDER | TM MFD Cougar |TrackIR|PI MAX4K VR

I've spent a lot of time optimizing my settings to cope with the Tomcat in VR, I feel for me personally I have certain things I like to keep for immersion mainly high water settings and cockpit mirrors so I have had to compromise in other areas. I have found its better to turn MSAA off and increase pixel density instead, the F14 looks great in external views anyway and I don't feel it needs MSAA as much as some of the other modules. Resolution of cockpit displays needs to be at 512 at least or the mirrors will look terrible. This is to get a solid 45fps in the PG and Caucasus maps btw NTTR runs much faster and I can have higher settings.

I have textures at medium, view distance at Low, terrain textures at low as I find this is fine for both these maps and Is more noticeable in the Normandy map actually.

Shadows Low

Clutter/Grass at 0 and tree visibility at 80.

Anisotropic filtering at x2

Terrain shadows Flat

I still found I was getting FPS drops in certain areas in the PG map so I went back to putting pre-load radius to MAX and ensured my missions used dynamic weather and not static which seems to help. Too many clouds drop my FPS BTW.

So with these settings i'm getting a solid 45fps, of course I hope I can increase things because I spent quite at lot of money on this rig not so long ago. I hope that the module may be optimised a little more over the coming months by the HB team we will see but at the moment I am at least able to enjoy the cat in VR on all the Maps.

Edit: I have found with further testing that the Caucasus performs better than the PG map with the Tomcat, for me the PG is the worst performing of the maps with the F14.

Edited by westr

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

For those of you who report silky smooth framerate on high settings, try the takeoff tutorial mission and turn on your FPS counter. Let's see what kind of fps you get when you taxi pass those parked jets.

I saw as low as 23 fps on my setup. And this rig does get 45-90 fps in the sky in VR (mostly 45). It's not just VR though, I also got <60 fps on my monitor in that area. This is probably the only game that tanks my fps below 60 at the measly 2560x1080 resolution (I can get up to 190+ fps in the sky but I'm talking about ground scenarios).

Edited by Supmua

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

Yep that's where I had my 11-12 fps... on a carrier with several other player-F-14s and -F/A-18s... seemed there was no LOD levels at all.

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence