ECM Etiquette

Argh, ECM blinking is cheating, plain and simple. Using an aimbot in an online shooter roughly equals it. If you think that's ok, then ECM blink away, mod your F-15 into the USS Enterprise-E and start shooting quantum torpedoes, because THAT is as realistic as ECM blinking and both are based on fiction.

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

Argh, ECM blinking is cheating, plain and simple. Using an aimbot in an online shooter roughly equals it. If you think that's ok, then ECM blink away, mod your F-15 into the USS Enterprise-E and start shooting quantum torpedoes, because THAT is as realistic as ECM blinking and both are based on fiction.

What is an "aimbot"?

What is an "aimbot"?

A sweet little tool which automatically places your aim on the enemys head.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5

Try flying an A2G a/c and we'll see if you revise your opinion.

When your attacker has 6-8 chances to attack you, twice the speed, and this new fangled thing called radar which allows him to "see" you from 50km away...you'll be doing the best you can to get on his nerves as well ;)

^^^^ It does irritate a guy, however I preffer not to do it myself because it scares people off the game, besides the job of fighters is suposed to protect their ground assets. Fight back with tactics, not on his nerves.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

487th Helicopter Attack Regiment, of the

VVS504 Red Hammers

Try flying an A2G a/c and we'll see if you revise your opinion.

I did (numerous times already) and it didnt change my opinion, ask 169 MOGAS and Polecat about my Su-25T missions in their server yesterday. ;)

In those days I have more time to play I usualy go SU-25T to pounce on BUK's and TOR's so that I can pick a fighter and chase them over their dead bateries. SOmetimes I die after 30 minutes of cruising in the 25T in consecutive sorties, but I wont hesitate to place my aim onto an attacking fighter and fire away missiles and guns, not always with a predictable result. ;)

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

LOL, nicely edited from the original reply.

I'm sure you fly A2G as often as I fly A2A (extremely rarely) with a relative proficiency to match.

I don't care to think how many hours I've accrued in the Frog (nor does the missus come to that...apparently she's a "computer widow") but suffice to say I think its sufficient to have come to a fair conclusion as to the "fairness" of ECM, how its employed, and what it takes/is possible to delay the enemy fighter from its kill.

Obviously getting in to a pissing contest is pointless so perhaps we'll agree to disagree.

I did (numerous times already) and it didnt change my opinion, ask 169 MOGAS and Polecat about my Su-25T missions in their server yesterday. ;)

In those days I have more time to play I usualy go SU-25T to pounce on BUK's and TOR's so that I can pick a fighter and chase them over their dead bateries. SOmetimes I die after 30 minutes of cruising in the 25T in consecutive sorties, but I wont hesitate to place my aim onto an attacking fighter and fire away missiles and guns, not always with a predictable result. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

487th Helicopter Attack Regiment, of the

VVS504 Red Hammers

LOL, nicely edited from the original reply.

I'm sure you fly A2G as often as I fly A2A (extremely rarely) with a relative proficiency to match.

Nice touch of attitude, what do you think I said in my original post long before you posted yours? (maybe the misssion i DId on the frog YESTERDAY?)

BTW, before I started working where I am now 4 months ago, I did fly the Su-25T on a daily basis at the 169 server. I have whitnesses if your interested to further challenge my word on this.

My PC specs below:

Nice touch of attitude, what do you think I said in my original post long before you posted yours? (maybe the misssion i DId on the frog YESTERDAY?)

BTW, before I started working where I am now 4 months ago, I did fly the Su-25T on a daily basis at the 169 server. I have whitnesses if your interested to further challenge my word on this.

He speaks the truth!

ECM blinking is one of those things people will need to live with. If people want to MACRO ECM on/off to their HOTAS then they do so because they Need to. Those that dont MACRO ECM On/OFF to their HOTAS dont.

We allow ECM Blinking on the 169th Dedicated but in all honesty we dont see much of it. No 169th members use this exploit. We are mature enough to realise screaming "ECM BLinker!" every time someone turns their jammer on/off is not helping and leaves a bad mpression on the new guys. So we just learn to deal with it and kill em anyway.

ECM blinking is one of those things people will need to live with. If people want to MACRO ECM on/off to their HOTAS then they do so because they Need to. Those that dont MACRO ECM On/OFF to their HOTAS dont.

We allow ECM Blinking on the 169th Dedicated but in all honesty we dont see much of it. No 169th members use this exploit. We are mature enough to realise screaming "ECM BLinker!" every time someone turns their jammer on/off is not helping and leaves a bad mpression on the new guys. So we just learn to deal with it and kill em anyway.

I would like to see ECM further enhanced - as well as improvements in burn through and radar operations.

I haven't seen a blinker in a while, maybe people realize how to beat the blinkers. I just see it this way.....people that use ECM blinking aren't very good or they really hate dieing. Either way they could use more practice.

That's why the real world guys use the ECM pods - they hate dying! Wussies!

But real world is different then lock on, burn thru range 12-13 miles? We/they have no idea how ECM works. Plus NO ONE flying lock on uses real world tactics.

I agree with you Cali - burn through (from what I believe to be true) seems pretty screwed up. That's why I suggested improvements to burn through as well as ECM. As far as tactics, that's true to an extent. I think you have a few groups: The air quakers that shoot till they are out of ammo then eject, the guys who just want to have some fun but are good/ honest people (nothing wrong with this group), and the group that want to fly as close to real as possible. Anytime all three of those groups end up in the same place - a fight is going to break out (nice huh?).

I don't necessarily disagree with most people or their opinions on the ECM topic; however I think that the people that use this aren't all bad. They are doing what our real world counterparts would do - use everything at their disposal to defeat the bandit - and survive. Maybe ECM is porked, maybe it's the detection system that's porked - who knows.

The only thing I can personally compare this to is Falcon, which modules ECM similar to the "blinkers"; the difference being the improved detection and burn through. Apples and oranges i know. I would like to see the ECM improved and detection so that the guy who uses it the wisest, gets the first launch. My two cents on a over-discussed topic.

Blinking is not as popular as it once was. maybe whining was not completely useless :D but theres no reason to keep at it anymore.

My PC specs below:

Well I would like if for example.

Say you are inside a certain range(perhaps 25-35nm). Bandit turns on ECM while you have a lock. Now your systems should automatically go HOJ imo. Unfortunately this does not happen in F-15. If you are Stt or tws locked on the guy, if he enables ECM he will click-break your lock INSTANTLY if you are more than 12,5 nm away.

I find this a bit annoying, but this is probably also on GGs wishlist of things to fix.

Hopefully we can have a different approach in later lomac like games where your radar automaticall switches to HOJ. The opposite (Going HOJ->stt) is already done automatically when the target turns off jammers, so I don't see why we just don't implement the other. It would solve most of the problems. Also keeping a TWS scan while having one target locked HOJ should be possible (at least), solving the issue also in TWS mode. gn :)

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

I haven't seen a blinker in a while, maybe people realize how to beat the blinkers. I just see it this way.....people that use ECM blinking aren't very good or they really hate dieing. Either way they could use more practice.

same here... the only really bad thing is when someone on your own team

uses ECM extensively even when not required at all... it interferes a lot with your and your team SA. Going single against someone using ECM (even if blinking) is not really a big deal for me, but I see it as bad "manners" because it is an exploit. Someone not very skilled to beat you the "right" way that has to use these kinds of exploits is just not honourable player in my eyes...

No longer active in DCS...

What I think we should do is encourage single players to join comms when flying as a part of a team... they will learn more tactics and have better SA and usage of ECM will go down.

I feel too this blinking is nowhere near as it used to be but maybe its just because lately I fly on 3Sqn server only... team work is so much more rewarding, exciting and well, you get to make some friends :D

No longer active in DCS...

As a Frog pilot I will turn my jammer on and off manually (if he locks me, jammer on, if he locks me again, jammer off...rinse and repeat) to irritate the hell out of the fighter pilot...

Correct.

I didn't fly the ground pounders much so I can't say, but I do the same in all the Fighters and it has always worked well for me. Getting the other guys panties in a bunch before a merge is half the battle.

I understand the Macro'd ECM genie is already out of the bottle, and everyone has got to do what they feel is best for themselves. But all this really means is more time to finish your smoke & coke before the merge.

I also understand the Dev's are doing what they can. But I must say the definition of cheating sure has seemed to changed over the years. ;)

With that being said...

Macro'd ECM Blinking = Cheating = "Macro B*tch" (i.e. All my little Macro B*tches) :D

Be who your gonna be.

Hair on the wall... Blood in the street... The

crush of bone ' neath my feet.

ECM blinking is funny as hell.

Its useless after burn through.. but before that you can really supress the Eagles.

Sure they can launch amraams with no lock, but they aint gonna hit squat.

ECM blinker 4 Life.

it is not just for the eagle , it is a big problem for the su-27 , well perhaps someone can post some tactics to kill blinkers

• 3 weeks later...