Track IR 4 Pro discontinued??

I'm still flying with my Track IR 2 (don't laugh) and was thinking about getting the latest and greatest when I saw on edimensional http://edimensional.com/index.php?cPath=24

<quote>

We have discontinued the sale of TrackIR products to make room for innovative new motion tracking technologies. We appreciate your patience and you're sure to love what's coming!

</quote>

What? When? Where? Can someone please enlighten me.

PS

I also noticed that a local Swedish store listed the TIR4 as discontinued.

EDIT: My apologies to the moderators for not starting the thread in Tech discussion

Or wait to see what's coming.

Oh Boy! Marsha's going to love me....dum de dum.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Zuki" Resident mud mover

CH HOTAS untill it breaks(for life)!

Not affiliated with any "squad":thumbup:

Just order it thru the makers, who are naturalpoint.

http://www.naturalpoint.com

I'm thinking about that but the shipping + customs fees are ridiculous.

TIR4 PRO + TrackClip PRO = $184.9

Shipping = $51.33

Custom fees (30%) = $55.47

TOTAL = $291.7

So more than one third is fees:(. That's why eDimensional was good (international orders).

Whatever they come up with, it's hardly going to work with the current titles.

TIR is a long way from being retired.

<speculation>

I'm not so sure about that, let's think about it for a second. Ok, so I know nothing about whats coming, hence my post in the first place but, I don't think eDimensional would stop selling something that's making them money and REPLACE it with something that's GOING to make them money. If its not working with existing titles why would anyone but the most hardcore and rich freaks buy it.

I could be completely wrong here but the thing thats coming has to be able to seriously compete with TIR4, right from the start. Why else discontinue TIR4?

</speculation.

I'm thinking about that but the shipping + customs fees are ridiculous.

TIR4 PRO + TrackClip PRO = $184.9

Shipping = $51.33

Custom fees (30%) = $55.47

TOTAL = $291.7

So more than one third is fees:(. That's why eDimensional was good (international orders).

Dagger98, where do you live? I would try ebay, in ebay Germany there are several dealers at the moment, one sells for 159 Euro, no shipping costs to Germany - I guess they wouldnt't charge too much for shipping to other countries.

Dagger,

www.simw.com has TIR4PRO for 159 Euros, and asks 24 Euros to send it to Sweden. VAT included.

I'd also recommend getting the TrackClip Pro, so mebbe you wanna hold off until they bundle Tir4 with the trackClip Pro. The regular 6DOF clip that fits on the cap works well, but with the Trackclip you don't have to wear that hot hat while flying.

i7 6700k/GTX1070-8G/MSI-Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon/32GB DDR4 Kingston HyperX PREDATOR DDR4 3000MHZ Vengeance 1600/TM Warthog #6106/Samsung SB350_S27B350H/OCZ Agility3 SSD 128GB / Win10-64/TIR5

This phrase:

appears word for word on this site :-)

http://www.ascension-tech.com/applications/virtual.php

Might just be co-incidence though ...

Sight....

This issue is so old... forget it, there´s nothing RV can do with the actuall lvl of graphic presented.

If there is unless you want to buck in some thousands greenies forget it. At this price you´ll buy a full cockpit with multi monitors covering the viewable part.

And RV is bad for keybord management or cockpit management.