[RESOLVED] Multiplayer Timed Out

torpolm

When I selected F-14 in multiplayer role select window,DCS stopped and timed out after some minitue.

I tried following:reboot PC,repair DCS,uninstall and reInstall F-14 modules,check other modules(A-10C,FC3,F-18C,AJS-37 etc...)

Edited by IronMike

EXACT same issue! I tried deleting my shader folders and did not get lucky. I think HB has so many F-14 files and not compact that it takes awhile to load. So much memory is used while loading that you run out of usable memory, thus. TD.

I'm having the same issue. I'm able to get in ounce in awhile when i enter the server in spectator . let it load for a bit. then i would select a tomcat and finally able to get in, sometimes

FC3 | UH-1H | A-10C | F/A-18C | F-16C | F-14B | P-51D | F-5E | AV-8B |

Caucasus | Nevada | Normandy | Persian Gulf | The Channel |

SuperCarrier |

Sounds like you're all running out of memory - some guys on the server I was playing had this issue and had fixed it by making sure their page file was on a drive with enough free space (at least 40-50gb) and set to system managed (or at least not set to something less than 40-50gb).

Similar for me, however i was able to connect to one server. When i select a tomcat pilot role, the game would freeze for about 10 sec (with brief not responding message), and that is enough for most servers to kick me out due timeout ( i guess a ping spike ).

AMD FX 8350 4.0Ghz, 16gb DDR3, MSI R9 390, MS FF2 & CH Throttle PRO, track IR 4 & Lenovo Explorer VMR

Sounds like you're all running out of memory - some guys on the server I was playing had this issue and had fixed it by making sure their page file was on a drive with enough free space (at least 40-50gb) and set to system managed (or at least not set to something less than 40-50gb).

Very few people have more then 10Gb free. How come we need 40gb to be possible get in a server?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Doesn't make any difference, my page file is over 50gb and I still get timed out. I've never had this issue before.

I can load into the server fine, look around in free cam with smooth performance. The second I select F-14, very long load times resulting in connection lost.

I get long load times/freezes in Single player too, most of the time resulting in me closing the game. I don't get this in OTHER aircraft, only the F-14

Edited by dave9810

After I did this procedures , sometimes I could fly F-14 in multiplayer.

At first,Change graphics setting to "Medium" from "High".

Play instant action of F-14 several times (I called this "Preload").

It's effective for small-scale private server only.

at larger server like 104th phoenix,DCS always timed out.

When i was connecting to a server yesterday directly into pilot seat, on a successful try, people reported during that time there was a huge lag spike on a server.

Also later test what i did was that i joined as a RIO to one of the in game planes and tomcat loaded right away, then rejoined into front seat instantly on a new slot,

can also someone verify if you can overcome server timeout by doing this on your side?

AMD FX 8350 4.0Ghz, 16gb DDR3, MSI R9 390, MS FF2 & CH Throttle PRO, track IR 4 & Lenovo Explorer VMR

I'm having the same multilayer issue, other modules load in no problem. Had this problem in 2018 and it seemed to get fixed after an update. I have 16Gb and 30Gb page file set. I've tried system managed setting as well but no joy.

Intel Core i7 3820 @ 3.60GHz

Sandy Bridge-E 32nm Technology

Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. X79-UD3 (SOCKET 0)

16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 666MHz (9-9-9-24)

GTX 1070Ti 8Gb

238GB Samsung SSD 850 PRO 256G

Oculus rift CV1

TrackIR 5

Saitek X55

I've had this a couple of times, sometimes I could get in the mission fine (after an agonizingly long time of texture pop in) sometimes I timed out.

However today I upgraded to a RTX2060 from the GTX970 4GB and the problem is gone. I believe it's a VRAM issue. I believe that 4GB of VRAM seems to be too low for the Tomcat, at least in multiplayer where there are a lot of other player models.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Ok update, I just managed to get in 104th server in F14 after adjusting my page file from 30Gbmin 30Gbmax to 50 50Gb. Not sure if it's a one off yet but will keep testing.

Intel Core i7 3820 @ 3.60GHz

Sandy Bridge-E 32nm Technology

Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. X79-UD3 (SOCKET 0)

16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 666MHz (9-9-9-24)

GTX 1070Ti 8Gb

238GB Samsung SSD 850 PRO 256G

Oculus rift CV1

TrackIR 5

Saitek X55

• ED Team

For me it seems to always time out on the first attempt to enter cockpit and then it works after a subsequent reconnect, although it still takes a while to load into cockpit. Loading from SSD with a page file on it, 16 GB RAM. Reducing cockpit texture quality didn't change anything.

This was all on a small server, haven't tried a more crowded server yet.

1st of all, you can't get your money back, read EULA. 2nd, stop crying and upgrade your PC if you can't join any server. Let me guess, old PC with probably 8GB of RAM and HDD... Go back to FSX if you are disappointed. F-14 is a heavy module, if you can't understand and accept that, no one can help you.

P. S. Everyone has crashes and timeouts, and the module is out for 5 days...

Edited by =OPS=Slider1709