Unable to quit to desktop

Shibbyland

Hi All,

I have recently installed the open beta (and of course the Tomcat). Unfortunately, I now experience a complete crash when attempting to quit to desktop.

This occurs only in open beta and it makes no difference whether I quit to desktop from the main menu or from within a mission.

I am unable to get out of DCS by using alt+tab or by using task manager to end task since clicking anywhere on screen pulls me back into a black screen (the not responding DCS).

Any help resolving this issue would be greatly appreciate as the only solution I have so far is to restart my PC. Obviously I'd prefer not to do this every time I use DCS.

Thanks

I'm having the same issue. Sometimes I can alt-tab and force DCS to close, sometimes I have to reboot. It just goes to a black screen when exiting DCS and hangs there.

This just started with the most recent update featuring the debut of F-14 (which I purchased). Other than than this issue, I've had pretty much zero issues in all the previous open beta builds.

Thanks.

Similar problem for me just after last update. Seems to go into a semi locked mode whilst in flight, where some controls/ functions stop working, but can't exit either.

Intel Core i3 8350K 4GHz, MSI RTX 2080 Super, AS Rock Z370 Pro4 Motherboard, Samsung SSD, 32G DDR4 RAM, Windows 10 PRO 64 Bit

Rift-S, Tripple Samsung 27" C27F Display, Hotas Warthog, Saitek Pro Flight rudder pedals, EDtracker, Track IR.

Similar problem for me just after last update. Seems to go into a semi locked mode whilst in flight, where some controls/ functions stop working, but can't exit either.

Same here today...multi-play. Had no control of my Hornet and crashed into the hillside.

Same here, when quitting the game it just goes into black screen. I'm able to ctrl-alt-del into task manager and kill DCS app which shows not responding.

This is after the last beta update to 2.5.4.28461

Edited by pacastro
added beta version

Same problem for me.

Also the missions seem to take a lot longer to load and when ingame all I see is a black screen and the mission briefing for roughly 10 seconds. The game seems to freeze as I can't click on "Fly" or scroll through the briefing during that period.

Didn't have These Kind of problems before.

Same here. Happened to me 5-6 times. Unable to gather log crash however. Usually, I managed to kill DCS via the task manager. But last time I run DCS, when I hit the edit button, the crash was more important, i was unable to bring my task manager window up. Had to restart my PC.

Please fix this.

Thanks.

same here :(

Yippieayee....

Viper

Intel® Core i7-6700K | ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING Mainboard | 32 GB DDR4-2133 |Sapphire AMD Radeon R9 390 OC Tri-X NITRO | Win 10 Pro |

Displays: 1x Samsung 40" / 3 x 10" TFT / 1x 4,3" TFT / 1x 7" TFT | HOTAS Cougar FSSB-R1 |Simped Vario Pedals| 6 x Arcaze USB | 2 Arcaze LED Driver | AIC | Oculus Rift l

DCS Modules: Combined Arms l FC 3 l A-10C l F-5E l F-14 l F-16 l F-18C l KA-50 l MI-8 l SA 342 Gazelle l UH-1H l Super Carrier

clearing FXO and metashaders from the saved games directory seems to have fixed it for me!

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

SOmetimes for me, DCS hangs when exiting. I have two monitors so I click on the right monitor which brings up the Windows bottom bar. I hover over DCS icon then click the red X. For me, that seems to work every time DCS hangs.

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

so I thought that clearing out fxo and metashaders cleared the problem, nope, it reoccurs… this Cat is wonderful.. I will wait a week or two and when it hits stable I will go back

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

I am having that problem too when I exit the screen goes black and stays that way until I enter task manager and manually stop the application.

+1, I have this problem too.

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1