Will anything be added to the F14 hud?

budguy68

Unlike other aircraft the F14 doesn't show you speed altitude waypoint etc etc etc. And it doesn't put a diamond/circle when a air target is locked.

Granted I've only flown it like 10 mins.

But I wanted to know is this how the HUD will look like from now on...? Or will they add more things to the hud?

I also wish they would put a non worn out version of the cockpit. I know this aircraft are older then most of us but it be nice to have a non weathered cockpit.

EDIT

I just noticed in other videos there is a lot of more info displayed on the HUB.

But I still wanted to ask if the HUB is already finished or will they add more stuff?

Edited by budguy68

Pretty sure that HUD is as functional as in real Tomcat, I would not expect any extra information on it.

When Jester locks the target you will see diamond around it.

As far as cockpit textures - I assume our talented community will make clean re texture as soon as template is available.

Looking forward to a brand new cockpit or something not as old as currently is.

Edited by Eaglewings

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Looking forward to a brand new cockpit or something not as old as currently is.

While a appreciate the texture artist and technology used to capture 3D of the museum aircraft cockpit,I too like to take a new aircraft to spin here and there, instead decades old one.

While here and there the F-5E even looks too new, it still gets its era fulfilled.

IMHO every module should come with the three cockpit liveries.

1) brand new factory unit

2) couple years old weathered with little wearing

3) full weathered, decades old even to today.

Something fancy? Make it automatic based mission editor date. And possible override or select like any other livery.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

IMHO every module should come with the three cockpit liveries.

1) brand new factory unit

2) couple years old weathered with little wearing

3) full weathered, decades old even to today.

Something fancy? Make it automatic based mission editor date. And possible override or select like any other livery.

+1 agreed this would be a nice feature. Especially the automatic selection by mission date.

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz
VR: HP Reverb G2 | HOTAS: TM Warthog Throttle and Stick

The HUD is as intended from the real F14B. it's something between the F5 and the F18 I guess... the F14Ds I think had an upgraded HUD, but not this one...

lower right panel there are mult modes you can change the HUD (T/O, Cruise, A/A, LAND, A/G or somethign like that). with A/A, you'll have the diamond if jester can keep a lock more than 18 seconds.

I asked Heatblur about this because their model did not have the Sparrow Hawk HUD that the latest versions of the F-14B (and D) does. They said:

Hi 1f60a.png the sparrowhawk upgrade that some tomcats received didn’t come until quite late, the B we model had the same hud as the A

That being said, if we ever do a D model we would include the sparrow hawk hud there!

I asked them if they would do a late F-14B add-on/update and they said:

Wouldn’t say never but probably not, might as well do the D in that case. The models and their upgrades were very mixed up, Not at all as clear cut as most people expect

I hope they do, I got spoiled using the Sparrow Hawk HUD in the FSX Aerosoft F-14B.

v6,

boNes

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot