HeatBlur F-14B Attention 2 Detail

71st_Mastiff

After about 2 days now, everything is working and understanding this complex machine. It is a joy to fly!!

attachment.php?attachmentid=206253&d=1552555014

The attention 2 detail is outstanding by far the best representation of a complex aircraft I have ever had the privilege to buy and use.

attachment.php?attachmentid=206255&d=1552555014

The 2-D environment most users will fly i.e monitor flat screen users, you are extremely missing out on a VR experience of flying these DCS World planes there is a lot of details you're missing out on in the 3D VR world. A lot of work has been put in these machines you just wouldn't believe until you're in the VR world to see it.

attachment.php?attachmentid=206258&d=1552555038

I have only one grip! why are the landing, strobe, NAV, Beacon lights not working?

attachment.php?attachmentid=206257&d=1552555038

My VR Rift I was avrg, with ASW off 45 and above in the sky,

down close to the ground 30fps, but no ASW issues and no stutters.

If you don't have enough money to buy then I would wait for a discount, its worth every penny as far as I'm concerned.

Mastiff approved.

P.S now I got to go watch Top Gun!!! Damit!

Edited by Mastiff

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

:thumbup:

Looking forward to having a go with it in my Rift this weekend!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Indeed. The first thing I did on my brother's PC (he has a Rift) was to appreciate the cockpit and RIO office.

Not kidding, I didn't do much else for the first 45mins and even though I have to run the sim on pretty low settings on my brother's pc.

(Mine broke :( )

I literally cried (of joy)!

=MoAu= Mors Audente - The Bold Death Squadron

'Hey Jeff, the plane feels a little off today...'

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'The crew probably messed with it again, just trim it and we will check when we get back'

Hit the master external light switch on your throttle. By design, no lights on the carrier till launch.

Yup, the rear pit is far more outstanding in 3D, beyond anything I imagined looking at the flat pictures, impressive. Front is nice and roomy, not bad at all.

Edited by Nodak

As cool as VR is, most current units can cost anywhere from $400 to $600 USD, which is a lot of money for most normal people. (hell, I dont even have $400 to my name atm) Not to mention, VR requires pretty decent rigs to run properly.

So I think I personally will probably never get to experience VR at all, unless I'm gifted a unit and a new GPU to put into my computer. (still running an old gtx970 and likely wont be upgrading any time soon) but thats as likely to happen as me getting to fly an actual F-14 in real life. =P

Yeah HB have definitely outdone themselves - this thing is awesome!!

I also seem to be getting pretty good performance in my Rift too - I run at potato settings with 1.2PD running a 1080ti thou.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As cool as VR is, most current units can cost anywhere from $400 to $600 USD, which is a lot of money for most normal people. (hell, I dont even have $400 to my name atm) Not to mention, VR requires pretty decent rigs to run properly.

So I think I personally will probably never get to experience VR at all, unless I'm gifted a unit and a new GPU to put into my computer. (still running an old gtx970 and likely wont be upgrading any time soon) but thats as likely to happen as me getting to fly an actual F-14 in real life. =P

And, at least for me, VR „looks“ pretty crappy at the moment, compared to the high resolution of a normal screen.

vCVW-17 / VF-74

I’d take VR in its current state any day over a 5k flat panel at double the frame rate. While VR is inferior for spotting and identifying aircraft, the feel of flying and sense of depth, closure, speed and spatial awareness make VR the better experience for me. I’ve tried going back to track IR - it’s just a giant step backward.

6700K@4.6 48Gb - 1080Ti Hybrid - Warthog - RIFT

But think of it this way, a VR unit costs HALF of what they want for a top of the line video card.......which you also need for VR......:cry:

Any way to install the rift without the stupid Facebook rift app?

I don't want to install that crap on my new set up/ but my rift is there waiting patiently

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

The 2-D environment most users will fly i.e monitor flat screen users, you are extremely missing out on a VR experience of flying these DCS World planes there is a lot of details you're missing out on in the 3D VR world. A lot of work has been put in these machines you just wouldn't believe until you're in the VR world to see it.

nothing replaces the sheer detail of a 42" 4k display running at 90 FPS with everything maxed bud, VR is excellent but the resolution is rubbish

Looking to order the Pimax 5k+ in the coming days, hopefully this will give a better VR experience :)

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

nothing replaces the sheer detail of a 42" 4k display running at 90 FPS with everything maxed bud, VR is excellent but the resolution is rubbish

Looking to order the Pimax 5k+ in the coming days, hopefully this will give a better VR experience :)

Hear its even better in 5K! Pimax! Consider it the 2nd Gen VR.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

I’d take VR in its current state any day over a 5k flat panel at double the frame rate. While VR is inferior for spotting and identifying aircraft, the feel of flying and sense of depth, closure, speed and spatial awareness make VR the better experience for me. I’ve tried going back to track IR - it’s just a giant step backward.

Absolutely. Pop into a Huey in VR, and everything changes. Absolutely everything. Makes landing on a ship in rough seas with gale winds and rain a perfectly normal thing.

My favourite bits are the tiny wires for the AOA and other stuff on the HUD frame. I keep leaning forward to look at them in VR, it's incredible.

Asus Z690 Hero | 12900K | 64GB G.Skill 6000 | 4090FE | Reverb G2 | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 + TM Grips  | Winwing Orion2 Throttle | MFG Crosswind Pedals

The kneeling, the spoilers, man and I haven't got to the RIO yet! the Radar and jamming is very detailed!

Indeed. The first thing I did on my brother's PC (he has a Rift) was to appreciate the cockpit and RIO office.

Not kidding, I didn't do much else for the first 45mins and even though I have to run the sim on pretty low settings on my brother's pc.

(Mine broke :( )

I literally cried (of joy)!

Same

:thumbup:

I am far from loaded. I sold my old gfx card to fund half of the cost to get VR. I'm 46 and have been simming for the best part of 25 years. I'm not missing out on this VR stuff. No way. It is well worth it. It's almost profound without sounding to dramatic. A dream come true for me. I can sit in the cockpits and fly them now. It is just superb! Get it mate.

Edited by Mule

You VR guys are killing me, but the Stewardess say's it's her or the VR, she's been a great Stewardess....gonna have to figure something out. But like you guys very happy with money well spent

I tell my wife I'm horse trading. sell stuff to fund the other stuff.