Multiplayer issues in the F14

OnlyforDCS

Ok so my rig is not the best, but Im having serious issues in MP. Textures take forever to load once Im in the cockpit and I get quite a bit of stuttering even high up in the air.

Any suggestions on what settings I should be using to maximise performance? I've already set shadows to flat, no anti-aliasing and Im playing on 1080p resolution.

Interestingly enough in single player Im not having these issues.

My specs are in my signature below.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

I've got a GTX 980 playing on a 1080p monitor and TrackIR and get very descent performance. Yes, it takes a bit longer than other modules to load into the cockpit, but other than that, it's all fine in my end. Was in on a ~16 player F-14 Intro mission last night and all went well, performance wise that I know of.

I heard a couple of moans about low FPS for VR users though.

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz
VR: HP Reverb G2 | HOTAS: TM Warthog Throttle and Stick

I had this same issue on a 3930K with 16gb ram and an NVIDIA 1080 Ti. I upgraded to 32 GB RAM and this greatly reduced the load times. The reason Multiplayer is more load intensive is the shear number of objects that are loaded on a server with a lot of players and objects. Some servers with more defined missions may be friendlier to 16GB of RAM, since they may have less objects.

hello:)

your specifications are slightly below the need with these new modules very detailed

32 GB ram and a 1080 GTX nvidia is must

see you next

Not sure I'd say I agree. I have a 1060 pushing it just fine, but I am loaded out with RAM. I also have buddies with far less RAM and much worse cards doing just fine. No reason to be elistist here.