Post your favorite Jester quote

SKIPPY 7-7

Jester sometimes give out a hysterical laugh when shxt really hit the fan. I wish I could record that of him. Awesome!

hm... you might go to the mod/aircraft/f14 folder of your DCS installation an change to subfolder sound/jester and listen to all of the thousands of audio ... most probably you will find the one you love most ...

but be aware (and I am totally seriously speaking now): this is like looking on google how the places of your next holiday will look like, it takes the whole surprise and the beauty of a moment when discovering it.

I love the implementation of Jester, even my friend I am flying with (F18 driver) sometimes laughs his pants off when I tell him what Jester said before.

Most funny things/events/funny audios happen around the aircraft carrier ...

Edited by TOViper

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

• 2 weeks later...

His incomprehensible squealing, just before ejecting when he thinks you're about to crash. I came back from that one (despite the damage).

Jester had it locked on and as we approached visual range he identified the poor mig 15 with a laugh - "iiits a... pfaahahaha its an..." I could not hear the rest of the sentence because at this time my phoenix reached the mig and he changed to another sentence, but he was clearly amused, and I also.

It was pretty hilarious hearing him actually say the word when he identified the target on one particular night. For years I thought I had been mispronouncing it.

Edited by CommanderRabb

Modules - F-18, F-16, Spitfire, F-5, Supercarrier, F-14, A10-C, MiG-21, Huey

Just this morning while practicing traps. I caught the wire and was waiting for Jester's assessment.

"Three wire!" he yelled. I was like, "Yes!" and fist pumped.

"Haha, just kidding, 4 wire."

Jerk.

v6,

boNes

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

• 1 month later...
Is there an option to just make him shut the hell up? Silent Unless absolutely necessary Jester would be great. Boring Jester can't come soon enough.

I hated the idea of a talking AI RIO, I held off buying the Tomcat partially because of it.

But now I find myself wishing he'd say more on long flights where nothing much is happening.

I'm not trying to persuade you that you should like the Jester speech feature, only giving my own experience.

---------------------------------------------------------

PC specs:- Intel 386DX, 2mb memory, onboard graphics, 14" 640x480 monitor

Modules owned:- Bachem Natter, Cessna 150, Project Pluto, Sopwith Snipe

But now I find myself wishing he'd say more on long flights where nothing much is happening.

I'm not trying to persuade you that you should like the Jester speech feature, only giving my own experience.

Yeah, some words on longer transitions etc would be nice. Small jokes or just fuel states or something.

Yeah I believe in the jester menu there is some option for no talking

Thanks. I'll look a bit deeper for it.

I hated the idea of a talking AI RIO, I held off buying the Tomcat partially because of it.

I didn't even consider it before buying. Had to have it.

But I'm generally a short dogfight kinda guy. Jester repeatedly telling me the target is on our 12 when it's taking up most of the HUD gets annoying.

One of my resolutions this year is to give the F-14 a serious attempt, so I should probably get used to it. My one hope for a human RIO got sucked into the A-10C. :pilotfly:

When he laughed hard and told me to stop teasing the KC-130 tanker.

I wasn't teasing though lol.

He's not the chatterbox I expected and seems mostly quiet.

Edited by Uxi

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

Thanks. I'll look a bit deeper for it.

I didn't even consider it before buying. Had to have it.

But I'm generally a short dogfight kinda guy. Jester repeatedly telling me the target is on our 12 when it's taking up most of the HUD gets annoying.

One of my resolutions this year is to give the F-14 a serious attempt, so I should probably get used to it. My one hope for a human RIO got sucked into the A-10C. :pilotfly:

yeah, tell me about it. I prefer to have somebody who wants to RIO as a number 1 task. Have a few guys in my sqaudron that are good with RIO work, but they rarely fly RIO because they want to fly other frames. It would be awesome to build a consistant repitition with somebody who takes pride in the number 2 seat like i take pride in the 1 seat. to me that means learning the ins and outs of the systems and how to utilize them efficiently. not just a button pusher. one can dream haha. :music_whistling:

• 3 weeks later...

JESTER: Shit! Shit! Shit!

Happens to me often especially when I with the sink rate is too high, I'm too low too fast. :lol:

Intel Core i9-9900K CPU / Ballistix 32GB DDR4 RAM

Asus ROG Maximus XII Z390 Motherboard

Samsung 970 Pro 1TB SSD m.2 / 1200W PSU

Sapphire Vega 64 GPU / Oculus Rift-S VR

Windows 10 / Samsung 24-inch 1080p 144Hz Monitor

DCS v2.5 / F-14B Tomcat / F-5E / P-51D Mustang

• 1 month later...

I think Heatblur toned Jester down way to much. He doesn't say a thing compared to how it used to be. About the comedy, it makes him feel alive and I wish to hear more from him. Flying around is so static and boring, might as well cheer it up a little.

I hope Jester development is expanded upon and made even more alive. (talkative)

I was doing the mission where you have to bomb the bridges and after taking 2 rounds of AAA on the first bridge, Jester goes "I'm ejecting". Sure enough, a second later the canopy blows and I look back to a perfectly functional jet and an empty cockpit. Thanks for sticking by me, buddy!

I was watching a Growling Sidewinder vid, he was coming close to the ground and saved it, but Jester ejected! GS finished the dogfight without a canopy! LOL

Rig: Alienware Aurora R9 - 9th Gen Core i7 9700K 4.6GHz 8 Cores | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GDDR6 | 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD | 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL DDR4 3200MHz XMP 2.0 | LG Series80 QNED 50in 4K 120hz | TM Warthog HOTAS w/F-18 grip | Logitech G Pro RP | TM Cougar MFDs | TrackIR 5 Pro | VR: Oculus Quest 2 |

Modules: FC3 | F/A-18C | F-16C | A-10C II | F-14 | M-2000C | AV-8B | F-5E | JF-17 | P-51D | KA-50iii | UH-1H | AH-64D | Supercarrier | Combined Arms | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Syria | Normandy | Chanel |

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just want to say that the F14 is the best module in DCS... and I wish there was MORE jester comments. I fly longer missions and I'd love the option to have him engage in small talk. It doesn't have to be all the time. Even talk about fuel, turbulence, distance from carrier...

Great job Heatblur! Thanks for the attention to detail

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Just today, Jester told me on a nice 3-wire that the LSO had a boner lol. Still rated as a Cut in Supercarrier, though.

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

• 1 month later...