F14 Skinners thread (Paintkit in 1st post)

David A Sell

Cant tell if your being sarcastic lol

Its 009 not 600

Its just a test for placement of stuff Just wanted to get an idea of where I would be putting things a proof of concept if you will and in no way what so ever represents the final skin.

Pay me no mind,I'm just a wee bit crazy:pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Can someone tell me which files need to be modified to customize the pilot and RIO helmets please?

Oh, and how to save them? So far I have just ended up with black helmets when I modified the HB_F14_EXT_PILOT_HELMET.dds file in the Liveries folder

Edited by Mud
Spoiler

W10-x64 | Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra | Core i7 9700K @ 4.8Ghz | Noctua NH-D15

Corsair 32Gb 3200 | MSI RTX 3080ti Gaming X

Asus Xonar AE | TM Hotas Warthog

MFG Crosswind pedals | Valve Index

Can someone tell me which files need to be modified to customize the pilot and RIO helmets please?

Oh, and how to save them? So far I have just ended up with black helmets when I modified the HB_F14_EXT_PILOT_HELMET.dds file in the Liveries folder

not all of the liveries have different pilot and Rio helmets

The ones that do have a file called HGU-33_ ??? that's your Rio Helmet

where as HB_F14_EXT_PILOT_HELMET is your pilot and Rio helmet in some liveries

Edited by chaser

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Link please!

Still need to fix a few small things, and an arm patch, but for now can use this,

Currently I can find no way to pull separate textures for the inside the cockpit view, So in 1st person both guys are wearing the Maverick helmet. The exterior view displays properly. I will update the file when A way to separate the inside views is found.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1jAoVUoSo7b8WQ9bciqjFAZ5Z4E5MFFnw

Edited by Munny

Home-Built Rig - | ASUS TUF Z390-Plus| i9 9900k | 2080ti | 32g G.SKILL TridentZ |Samsung 970 evos | Tagan 1100w PS | Warthog Hotas | Track ir 5 | Saitek Pedals | PFT Collective

Any thoughts on why when I open any of the F-14 dds files in PS all I get are black images?

I've been making skins for a while and can view dds files in other plane liveries.

I'm using CS6 (don't hate, lol is that the issue?) with the NVIDIA dds plugin.

It was just a matter of time before I had to crank this one out...

3SHzv4m.jpg

Really cool. Looking forward to being able to download Top Gun skins.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

Hi People!

Ive managed to edit a skin (putting my own name on the pilot spot! :megalol:)

Problem is, when i view in-game, it appears off-set. Im not sure why?

I haven't changed the size of the image or re-positioned it in any way. Any ideas?

Cheers.

f14.thumb.JPG.a732fe8233500a651d495bacd9dc559f.JPG

The file probably didn't get saved properly. I've been using

texture type: Color + Alpha

compression: BC3 8bpp (Linear)

mip maps: Auto generate

and it's been working well for me! I've managed to put custom names on the same skin you're working on.

rdiEkVU.png

fvR7BXN.png

Still need to fix a few small things, and an arm patch, but for now can use this,

Currently I can find no way to pull separate textures for the inside the cockpit view, So in 1st person both guys are wearing the Maverick helmet. The exterior view displays properly. I will update the file when A way to separate the inside views is found.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1jAoVUoSo7b8WQ9bciqjFAZ5Z4E5MFFnw

I have the same problem. In all the liveries with different helmets for the pilot and RIO, they look correct from the outside, but inside the cockpit view both crew wear the pilot's helmet. It might just be a bug, because it even happens with the Red Rippers livery that comes with the plane.

Edited by sagebrush

I have the same problem. In all the liveries with different helmets for the pilot and RIO, they look correct from the outside, but inside the cockpit view both crew wear the pilot's helmet. It might just be a bug, because it even happens with the Red Rippers livery that comes with the plane.

Love the helms!

Yes I see the file names included in the LUA all refer to the EX_Pilot_flight suit or Ex_Pilot_helm, ect. Meaning they are external view. Nothing mentions internal. I tried adding {"HB_F14_INT_RIO_HELMET", 0 ,"HB_F14_EXT_PILOT_HELMET_goose",false}; to no avail, need to keep guessing.... either they keeping the syntax for interior view close to chest, or it isn't added yet.

Then theres the PILOT_HELM_NRm and PILOT_HELM_ROUGHMET , but I am pretty sure both of those are relating to surface textures.

Oddly goose's helm shows in his mirror in 1st person, just not when you look back at him from front seat.

its also a shame that it pulls the same file for each guys flightsuit, I was really hoping to have them each with a custom breast patch

Home-Built Rig - | ASUS TUF Z390-Plus| i9 9900k | 2080ti | 32g G.SKILL TridentZ |Samsung 970 evos | Tagan 1100w PS | Warthog Hotas | Track ir 5 | Saitek Pedals | PFT Collective