F14 Skinners thread (Paintkit in 1st post)

David A Sell

@cobra,

could you please add to the readme a full list of all the fonts used?

I'm downloading them as I open files, but it would be nice to get a list :)

it's a large amount of fonts after all..

and where are the helmet templates? can't seem to find them.

There is no helmet template. You have to use the default white and overlay colours. :)

Will look at adding the font list!

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Porco mettiti sotto e dacci i Black Lions in livrea black.

Porco don't be lazy and give us the black version of Black Lions livery

Inviato dal mio BLA-L09 utilizzando Tapatalk

hahaha maybe i'll do, I need to finish the VF-2 for the CSG-1 before ;)

IndiaFoxtEcho Textures Artist

My DCS liveries on UserFiles page here

Thoughts on these errors? Is this because I'm using CS6?

4EgUlxJ.png

cRliqZ7.png

Z0JzKuM.png

First one hit "keep layers", basically there are some hidden layers

Second one you don't have the fonts pre loaded that the Devs used

Once loaded press the right arrow to open all of the groups and youll see which layers have been hidden - mainly different elements to liveries

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

For me (using PS CC 2019), it looks like the panel lines are not "over" the liveries. If i place a decal in livieres it covers the panel lines.

Any advice on that?

your placing the decal to high up in the groups

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Are you guys going to be able to repaint the skins in the earlier light gull grey and still preserve some weathering ?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

weathering is on a different layer to the base colour

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Are you guys going to be able to repaint the skins in the earlier light gull grey and still preserve some weathering ?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Yes the weathering is several layers above the color base layers.

F-14B, A-10C,F-18C Lot 20, F-16C, UH-1H, SA342, Spitfire LF Mk IX, F-15C, Mig-29, Supercarrier, Nevada, Persian Gulf

i9 9900k 5.0GHz, 32GB RAM, 1080Ti, Rift S, Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind pedals, Dual Monitors 4K & 1080

Every Day, Someone Uses Cute Krispy Snacks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

For me (using PS CC 2019), it looks like the panel lines are not "over" the liveries. If i place a decal in livieres it covers the panel lines.

Any advice on that?

Lower the opacity of your layers in the livery folder. :)

You'll find that DCS will make things stronger than they appear in Photoshop so do experiment with the Modelviewer to get the right look.

Is is just me or is all the fine lines and details mixed into the "Base Texture copy 2" layer which also includes the overall grey background color?

With other paintkits, we got a clean background color layer and then higher level layers with just lines and details and such. That way you could make a skin with a completely different color scheme and keep all the details.

For example, doesn't seem possible to make and all-red F-14 skin with this template and keep all the lines and details.

Is is just me or is all the fine lines and details mixed into the "Base Texture copy 2" layer which also includes the overall grey background color?

With other paintkits, we got a clean background color layer and then higher level layers with just lines and details and such. That way you could make a skin with a completely different color scheme and keep all the details.

For example, doesn't seem possible to make and all-red F-14 skin with this template and keep all the lines and details.

Not sure what you mean?

To get an all red Tomcat you would just need make a layer that's red within your own livery folder and play around with the color and opacity.

Can you post a screenshot of your issue?

Can not download the template from the link, keep gettingerror message:

C:\Users\Mark\AppData\Local\Temp\4t13ns3+.rar.part could not be saved, because the source file could not be read.

Try again later, or contact the server administrator.

Regards

DL available skins here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=Strut

Pictures of my Skins here: https://imgur.com/a/bOQyQqW

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64bit, Intel® Core i7-5820K CPU OC @ 4.50GHz x6, X99A GAMING PRO CARBON, MSI RTX 2080 TI GAMING X TRIO 11Gb, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSD 960 EVO250GB, SSD 850 EVO 500GB, JetSeat, MFG Crosswind Pedals, VPC Mongoose T-50, TMWH, DSD ButtonBox, Pimax 5k XR/BE