F14 Skinners thread (Paintkit in 1st post)

David A Sell

Does anybody know where the fire extinguisher injection points for the engines that the ground crew would use to extinguish any engine fires at startup?

Doing some finer detail to my Royal navy skin and wanted to add them.

They're on PSD files 03 & 04, I just looked a stock liverie and found them that way then placed my own on top

Liquid Cooled i9 11900K | GeForce RTX 2080 | 32 gig RAM | SSD Samsung 850 EVO | HP Reverb G2

TM F/A-18 Stick | Virpil WarBRD | WinWIng F/A-18 HOTAS

Just wanted to post a few screenshots of my virtual squadron. We started off in Hornets using the VFA-163 Ark Angels markings from Behind Enemy Lines. I translated those marking conventions over to mid-2000s Tomcats, and NG201 is a heritage bird like the final cruise AJ101 and 213, inspired by the real VA-163 Saints. When we get the F-14A, all of the squadron will look like that (with more hi viz flair like white undersides and control surfaces).

JnHDCjJ.png

VwjXuge.png

4VsOmJw.png

ftXzPwp.png

AqvaaQD.png

nj5YjMs.png

YlmoVqF.png

DbLYWkA.png

Would you mind releasing a blank tan flightsuit?

Intel i7 9700k CPU

Nvidia GTX 1080Ti

16GB RAM

Samsung 256GB SSD

Thrustmaster T16000m HOTAS

I think I've got the 1943 tricolor "Heritage" scheme where I want it. Took a bunch of time back and forth getting the paint lines to align across the different segments, saving, replacing the live textures, refreshing in model viewer, rinse/repeat.

I used the existing VF-11 Red Rippers template, added the colors in, and then hand painted to get the scheme to overall match this:

FTD48056-US-Naval-centennial.jpg

This was on a Fightertown Decals listing under Centennial schemes, but I wasn't under the impression we still had Tomcats when the Navy started the Heritage schemes. I'm guessing this was hypothetical but I've been wanting to see this for years since they did them, on a Tomcat, so here it is:

aqQyLbP.png

lbxMGht.png

8oU4r9H.png

fFtQBXE.png

KwYtkO3.png

fuKs3AR.png

Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

VF-11 and VF-31 1988 [WIP]

VF-201 & VF-202 [WIP]

HEATBLUR,

Sorry if this has been requested already but this thread is huge now... I know you've responded that we can't get a separate rivets and panel lines layer for the paint kit. But is it possible to please add the UV maps mesh as a layer? Would help A LOT in creating a full parts separation layer masks. Much better for precision lineup. Thank you for your time.

Cheers,

Rick

CSEL\CMEL\IFR

Certified Airplane Nut

Sorry, need to set my box account back up here is a zip file.

Thanks, see attached for the texture with a tan flightsuit and no patches. And here's a mask with the g-suit, gloves, boots, and survival vest isolated, so you can recolor the flightsuit from the base texture underneath: https://i.imgur.com/lZhxfiR.png

HB_F14_EXT_PILOT_SUIT_TAN.thumb.jpg.4b982e3f47da7b301819e642c58710a1.jpg

Edited by Zaku

Thanks, see attached for the texture with a tan flightsuit and no patches. And here's a mask with the g-suit, gloves, boots, and survival vest isolated, so you can recolor the flightsuit from the base texture underneath: https://i.imgur.com/lZhxfiR.png

Much appreciated!

Intel i7 9700k CPU

Nvidia GTX 1080Ti

16GB RAM

Samsung 256GB SSD

Thrustmaster T16000m HOTAS

Korea era VF-31 from when they flew F9F Panthers off the Leyte in 50-51? anyone?

Temporarily borrowed the VF-31 helmets and crew from Jack's excellent later VF-31 skins, my plan is to try and replicate the Gentex H-4, maybe like this here:

ON6137__25.jpg?v=1541798068

i6LXVTJ.png

hnTyLid.png

lLj8rc3.png

yCl4Alh.png

TyZk1kb.png

bOx4gnF.png

pxWcSzs.png

VF-201 & VF-202 [WIP]

It does indeed, and very nice touches with the chipped / worn of paint :thumbup:

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Just wanted to post a few screenshots of my virtual squadron. We started off in Hornets using the VFA-163 Ark Angels markings from Behind Enemy Lines. I translated those marking conventions over to mid-2000s Tomcats, and NG201 is a heritage bird like the final cruise AJ101 and 213, inspired by the real VA-163 Saints. When we get the F-14A, all of the squadron will look like that (with more hi viz flair like white undersides and control surfaces).

JnHDCjJ.png

VwjXuge.png

4VsOmJw.png

ftXzPwp.png

AqvaaQD.png

nj5YjMs.png

YlmoVqF.png

DbLYWkA.png

Zaku, any chance of convincing you to post that skin for the Omega KC-135MPRS?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm not finding a plain white helmet in the Textures folder or any of the liveries. There's a white helmet in the VF-74 Adversary skin but that has the velcro patch on it.

Can we get an *actual* blank helmet?

VF-201 & VF-202 [WIP]

Just a short question about the F14 skin at the moment. I noticed that HB is still working on a way to give us modex numbers. But is there a workaround in the meantime other than paint them on every jet? What about the performance when you have 5 or more F14s on the ramp with a 180 MB skin each?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just a short question about the F14 skin at the moment. I noticed that HB is still working on a way to give us modex numbers. But is there a workaround in the meantime other than paint them on every jet? What about the performance when you have 5 or more F14s on the ramp with a 180 MB skin each?

I had four VF-213 F-14Bs on deck (the ones from CVW-8 ) and had no performance issue. I've flown in a strike package with four VF-31 jets and also four CVW-8 F/A-18s in front some 10 ish miles away from my flight of four VF-213 jets. All from the CVW-8 livery packages. Didn't notice much performance issues.

Your mileage may wary.

That VF-213 CVW-11 jet a few posts up looks gorgeous! Will it be released to the public? Really need VF-213 jets from 2001 OEF ;)

All skinners making liveries and releasing them, you guys rock.

Edited by GrizzlyBear83

Zaku, any chance of convincing you to post that skin for the Omega KC-135MPRS?

It needs some more work, but I'll be putting it in User Files when it's done.

I made NPC variants of modexes in my squadron for parked jets, with all textures reduced to 512x512. They look good enough with no significant performance hit.

Aside from that, all of my liveries pull textures from the f14/textures/diffuseroughmet folder, so almost every playable jet is sharing a few textures (3 and 4 specifically; the only thing this precludes is different bunos).

I'm not finding a plain white helmet in the Textures folder or any of the liveries. There's a white helmet in the VF-74 Adversary skin but that has the velcro patch on it.

Can we get an *actual* blank helmet?

Editing out the blue parts from the VF-143 CAG is your best bet, it's the most plain out of all of the helmets available. Or just patch over the velcro with the healing tool.