F14 Skinners thread (Paintkit in 1st post)

David A Sell

40 minutes ago, Callsign JoNay said:

Anybody know where the RIO helmet goes in the 3in1 LOD DDS file? 

I see the pilot helmet in the 2nd row 4th column, but I don't see the RIO's.

HB_F14_LOD1_3in1.jpg

RIO Helmet is not present on the LoD texture. I believe it has been mentioned to include it at some point, but uncertain.

12 hours ago, Vasilich said:

Hi guys! Where i can find the pilot helmet tamplate for F-14?

Pilot helmet template should be public along with the rest of the Tomcat's texture templates. In the event you need a link,
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1E_w3XoAQDnJq7hRMgVktS6kQV5qJUw65

Assuming that one still works and is available.

• Like 2

Anybody know why the save button is grayed out when I try to save my edited 3in1 DDS file with the Nvidia photoshop plug in? I don't have any problems saving the other DDS textures.

When I try to save the 3in1 it first gives me a message about it not being a 2:1 aspect ratio, so I have to save it as image only, but all the combinations of checkboxes I've tried leave the save button grayed out.

Mipmaps.thumb.jpg.6e790bdd21ae81f9bdaea34da893b3d7.jpg

13 hours ago, Callsign JoNay said:

Anybody know why the save button is grayed out when I try to save my edited 3in1 DDS file with the Nvidia photoshop plug in? I don't have any problems saving the other DDS textures.

When I try to save the 3in1 it first gives me a message about it not being a 2:1 aspect ratio, so I have to save it as image only, but all the combinations of checkboxes I've tried leave the save button grayed out.

Mipmaps.thumb.jpg.6e790bdd21ae81f9bdaea34da893b3d7.jpg

No but I would recommend using the Intel Photoshop DDS Plugin:

https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/intel-texture-works-plugin.html

Edited by VFlip
  • Like 1

I'm very pleased to find the refernce from the vf31 santa wish list. I have restored a part of the vf31 f14 history

All the people who make livery of dcs f14 are not just the texture of the game,

I would like to say "history researcher"  may   too overdose but its true 😚

[포맷변환]Screen_210518_221345.jpg

Edited by lee1hy
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

creator of ED's official F-16C liveries (WP,OS, 132nd, 152nd, 174th)
AH-64D livery contest winner 😅
kim_123456#3214

My user files https://shorturl.at/cdKV5

Hello folks,

Can anyone please tell/recommend how you design these awesome decals, I mean what do you guys purchase them and then scan them into your PC/Photo program? If so which scale work best!? I would really like to know as I would like to recreate some of these amazing decals for some paper models projects.

Cheers to all! 😀

2 hours ago, mikeg65 said:

Hello folks,

Can anyone please tell/recommend how you design these awesome decals, I mean what do you guys purchase them and then scan them into your PC/Photo program? If so which scale work best!? I would really like to know as I would like to recreate some of these amazing decals for some paper models projects.

Cheers to all! 😀

Look at photos of jets, make them in Photoshop (or Gimp I suppose).

Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

VF-11 and VF-31 1988 [WIP]

VF-201 & VF-202 [WIP]

Hello Everyone,

I cleaned this decal up from an earlier post, and wanted to share it with all of you. Maybe others will post similar postings so that we can all benefit in designing our own aircraft. Hope you can make use of it, and thank you to original post.

Cheers!🙂

PS I do not want to hear about copyright as these pictures are from actual US Navy fighters in which our tax dollars paid for, and I am going to make them and post them! 😵😂

F-14 (1975 - 2005).png

F-14 (1975 - 2005) BW.png

F-14 (1975 - 2005) BW.png

Edited by mikeg65
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1