[BUG] Right Engine start

Kultteri

So I had this bug where my right engine just wouldn’t spool up at all. Have started the same way from yesterday always but today suddenly after about three hours of flying SP and MP I couldn’t start her up. Left engine spooled just fine always but no luck on the right. The problem only faded after restarting DCS. Maybe something to look into if anyone else has had this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Cobra847

I've had the same issue, and had one other squad mate say the same. The issue for me happened for the first time on a MP server with human RIO. All other 20+ starts I've done have been fine before that, with Jester.

I had that issue also pop up first on MP and it transferred over to SP. No human RIOs though

• 3 weeks later...

I marked it as DCS bug, simply because stuff like this can happen in different shapes and forms if flying for too long without restarting with DCS. We will take a look if there is something we can do on our side. But in general a restart is adviced after each longer mission.

Thank you for reporting.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

To contradict IronMike, this issue is tracked in another thread. The Right engine will not light after repair or re-start. Fix in progress.

The other thread: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=235738

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I marked it as DCS bug, simply because stuff like this can happen in different shapes and forms if flying for too long without restarting with DCS. We will take a look if there is something we can do on our side. But in general a restart is adviced after each longer mission.

Thank you for reporting.

I believe I flew for about 2 hours before I had the problem. At first I could after a few tries to start it but maybe 1 hour later it refused to start alltogether.

Now as you said it could be a DCS side issue as I have had similiar things happen with the Mi-8 aswell. However that could be me just doing something wrong as after is just let the engine spool down and then try to start it it works always.

Also as with the tomcat I have always done the startup the same way.

• 2 years later...

I have this same bug. Happens only on certain servers, and happens regularly on those same servers. Essentially every few times I get shot down and respawn in the B tomcat there is a chance it will happen. Not sure if relevant, but it happens often on a server running foothold.

• 2 weeks later...

Friend just had this as well again; surprised this bug still exists 3 years down the line.

For the sake he instead quit to main menu, loaded into a "quick flight" cold start, and engines would not ignite (F14 Bravo)

F14A would not start either

Crashing the F14 means you can't fly it until a game restart.

Unfortunately I forgot to remind him you have to save tracks on single player so I have no tracks.

But seems to be the case again if you crash the aircraft, it has the likelihood of not starting.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I experienced it but didn't have to restart the whole of DCS. Crashed the jet, and either did the shift-tab for a new jet or hit re-fly and as mentioned the right engine wouldn't start after moving the throttle up. Exited the mission back to mission editor, and hitting fly again worked.

Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

VF-11 and VF-31 1988 [WIP]

VF-201 & VF-202 [WIP]

Literally having this bug at the moment in the F-14A - I thought I was losing my mind.

I had just respawned from a "controlled rapid disassembly" - pulled back on the stick as much as I could while supersonic at low level. For science...

Seems I'll have to restart the mission.

EDIT: Restarting the mission and getting out of and back into the Mission Editor didn't fix the 'right engine won't start' issue. Had to quit out of DCS completely.

Edited by cailean_556

An update on my end: it doesn't happen every time you respawn, which I assume is why this bug is so elusive.

It had happened to me twice in a row in the F-14B. I don't remember the circumstances of the second instance, but in the first one I had simply ran off the side of the runway when recklessly taking off on afterburners. The aircraft wasn't completely destroyed, but it ended up in flames and most definitely not air-worthy, nor even land-worthy.

From my humble (humbler than before) perspective, the plane has some issues resetting damage states. Just like repairing doesn't fix jammed flaps or blown tires, it may be failing to reset certain specific engine damage at least after respawn (Shift+R).

not sure if same bug, but i once spawned as air start and both engines died right away and couldnt be reignited. and before someone asks, no, it wasnt because my throttle was in off position, my hw isnt capable of that function.

i didnt have to restart the game though, just restarting the mission was enough.

On 6/21/2022 at 2:09 PM, Shadow86 said:

From my humble (humbler than before) perspective, the plane has some issues resetting damage states.

agreed

reminds me of identical issues in xplane addons

Edited by dorianR666

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580