[RESOLVED] Can't assign any axis/button and CTD

jeff64

Hello there

I can't assign any axis in the F14 or map any button.

Nothing happens when I move an axis or press a button.

If I try on another aircraft BEFORE trying on the F14, it works.

As soon as I try on the F14, I can't do anything in the control mapping of any aircraft.

If I try to launch a flight AFTER trying to map an axis, it does not load at all (load bar stay empty).

If I try to laucnh a flight BEFORE trying to map an axis, it launches, and a few seconds / minutes after, I have a CTD.

I disabled my "saved games" open beta folder. A new one has been created, but still the same problem.

Edited by IronMike

I had this yesterday as well. Was mapping my stuff and right amidst DCS stopped noticing what I press or move. Went over to selecting the things manual, which even worked (I mapped the pitch and roll axes this way and that made the stick move in the 'pit). But I knew this wasn't right so I decided to restart DCS upon which it froze into a black screen that I had to "taskkill /f /im dcs.exe" twilightsmile.png

This isn't even a Tomcat issue, had this with other modules already as well. I've mapped the above mentioned taskkill command to a button on my keyboard for a reason after all, no kidding (log off button on a MS keyboard) since on some occasions these crashes leave you without access to the task manager, task bar or anything as the black screen overlays everything. And the mouse is gone usually. That nice little killswitch gets me around another press of the reset button on my rig dealwithit.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Everything on mine works great until I specifically select that I want to configure F14 commands. That is when it stops acknowledging ALL USB controls. Since DCS stupidly maps multiple controls to flight axis by default this means I cannot fly F14 until this is fixed.

Probably best to wait for this to get out of OpenBeta. It just never goes well.