Running request - Bindable Button / Axis options

maverickturner

1 hour ago, PSYKOnz said:

A bind for flare mode normal and flare pilot, or a button that toggles between both would be awesome, sometimes you just don’t have time to switch between them using the wheel

a toggle for jammer would be cool too

These should be shorts for Jester menu commands otherwise it's request for direct reachback functionality.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

So happy we finally got course/heading bug knob binds. Now we just need binds for Jester to utilize the Next Target button and Jester commands to adjust the antenna elevation by horizon-referenced degrees and relative degrees and we should be good to go.

Edited by mattag08
  • Like 2

Flying the DCS: F-14B from Heatblur Simulations with Carrier Strike Group 2 and the VF-154 Black Knights!

I also own: Ka-50 2, A-10C, P-51D, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F-86F, CA, Mig-15bis, Mig-21bis, F/A-18C, L-39, F-5E, AV-8B, AJS-37, F-16C, Mig-19P, JF-17, C-101, and CEII

I was hoping CRS would be axis as I didn't have free rotary encoder. Is there a way to make rotaries increment faster in settings? 

Edited by Uxi

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

On 10/21/2021 at 8:01 AM, mattag08 said:

So happy we finally got course/heading bug knob binds. Now we just need binds for Jester to utilize the Next Target button and Jester commands to adjust the antenna elevation by horizon-referenced degrees and relative degrees and we should be good to go.

A "Next Launch on TWS target X" command akin to the "STT TWS target number X" would be a game-changer 🙂  

• Like 1

Last night as i was CAP-ing over Beirut on Through the Inferno, i was fiddling with the NAV grid from the front seat, and as i was in MP, dragging the thing around from the Jester POV was not possible. Now i know a direct drag and drop from the front seat isn't quite worth the fuss, but a Jester command to center the Grid on the TID as we can center the plane or the ground already, would be a nice feature. Especially for us that like to you bullseye calls for building SA. What say you? 

• Like 2

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi there,

Can we add a Jester function to disable him using the TCS? When you get an STT lock he kind of goes insane with it, and within a BVR timeline I lose things like target aspect/bearing or altitude, or just the vector of the contact that I would really like to see. 

I think it's a fair trade off, since I would lose the ability for Jester to VID when I have it disabled.

Cheers!

• Like 1

Please put in a way for us to tell jester to change priority/first/next target, I know you can manually go through the menu to do that but sometimes there isn’t time, I have been killed many times because I have 1 or 2 targets inside 30nm and he’s busy selecting the targets out at 60nm as the targets

Tomcat, Tomcat über allen

Guys, this thread is not about Jester improvements. The bindings for axis and buttons as well as for all Jester options are supposed to be added toward the end of EA period.

• Like 1

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

18 hours ago, draconus said:

Guys, this thread is not about Jester improvements. The bindings for axis and buttons as well as for all Jester options are supposed to be added toward the end of EA period.

So there was a thread somewhere about suggesting Jester, but I can't seem to find it?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Hextopia said:

Is there any chance we can get jester menu axis bindings?

It's a pain to use sometimes in VR, and i've got a thumstick axis sitting around collecting dust that'd be perfect for controlling the jester menu.

imo the best option to control jester in VR

Edited by winghunter

DCS Web Editor - New DCS Mission Editor that runs in your browser

DCS Web Viewer free browser based mission planner / viewer

sig.png
4090 RTX, 13700KF, water cooled

On 3/21/2022 at 4:41 PM, winghunter said:

imo the best option to control jester in VR

I've got voice attack, and I'm just not a huge fan of it.  I'd rather use buttons/keybinds than try to get voice attack working correctly and not interfere with my SRS/Discord comms.

• 1 month later...

I add after every update these two. would nice if they get integraded:

VDI Filter Toggle OFF/ON

{down = device_commands.VDIG_VDI_filter,up=device_commands.VDIG_VDI_filter, cockpit_device_id=devices.VDI, value_down=1, name = _('VDI Filter Toggle OFF/ON'), category = _('-MODIFICATIONS')},

Accelerometer Reset Button

{down = device_commands.ACCEL_Reset, up = device_commands.ACCEL_Reset, cockpit_device_id=devices.ACCELEROMETER, value_down = 1.0, value_up = 0.0, name = _('Accelerometer Reset Button'), category = _('-MODIFICATIONS')},

Edited by BlackLibrary

I bet it was already suggested, but please add as much Jester AI bindings as possible for use with Voice Attack, Is incredible how well does voice attack works.

Please add:

-jammer stby
-jammer defensive
-radar silent
-radar on
-radar center, middle right, middle left
-radar middle, middle low, middle high (with new angles, the angles we have now are way to extreme there are not practical at all)
-jettison ground ordinance
-jettison drop tanks

Interl i7 6700k - 32Gb RAM DDR4 - RX 590 8GB - Sentey 32"2560x1440 - Saitek X-55 - TrackIr 3