Running request - Bindable Button / Axis options

maverickturner

Hook toggle already possible to bind, otherwise I'm dreaming. ;)

Have it bound to a momentary toggle switch, works as intended/expected.

Kneel is not on the list?

What do you have it bound as? There is a 'Hook Extend, else Retract' that acts as a two-way switch. Not seeing one work as a toggle.

The Kneel button has been confirmed added by HB in a recent post, pending the next update so I removed it from the list.

Edited by maverickturner

There is a 'Hook Extend, else Retract' that shout act as a two-way switch. It may be currently set as a toggle instead of a two-way.

The Kneel button has been confirmed added by HP in a recent post, pending the next update so I removed it from the list.

Right, you are right.

About the hook, true, I use that on 1 button. "extend, else retract". When out, go in, when in, go out. Sort of. ;)

edit: forget to look but I recall there's a toggle as well for Hook? just beneath the option you mentioned.

Edited by dawgie79

Default keybindings for all essential HOTAS functions ie trim, wing sweep, throttle detents, etc.

I use TARGET with the Warthog set. Although the default joystick function bindings that shipped seemed very useful to most players, people like myself have default TARGET profiles with a standard layout and modifiers for views, zoom, kneeboard, time compression, TrackIR, and general consistency between aircraft. Although I'll probably be spending most of my free time in the F-14 for the next few months (it's really good guys), I spent the better part of my first evening with the aircraft just creating keybindings and fine tuning a profile specific to the F-14. Now I'm more than willing to share my TARGET profile of course, but that would also entail the added complication of adding in keyboard callbacks precisely the same as mine or having to copy over a configuration file. Better to have the same default key callbacks for everybody. TARGET can output joystick buttons, so I might make a profile emulating the default joystick buttons but I've always done it with keyboard callbacks. I'm not sure TARGET can emulate all the different joystick device buttons, it might be limited to the 32(?) in DirectX from the "combined device" that TARGET emulates. I attached the keyboard bindings that I came up with. They are mostly logical and do not conflict with the default layout.

Keyboard.html.zip

Seems like they spent all this time making it pretty to the most minute detail but totally forgot it is supposed to be a simulator, not a video game.

i7-7700K, 32GB DDR4, 525GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080Ti 11GB, Liquid Cooling, Win 10, Warthog HOTAS, TPR Pedals, HP Reverb, Oculus Rift with Touch, Jetseat and bass shakers, PointCTRL, and Scale F-14B Cockpit

I'm flying only as RIO at the moment and I build my own control boxes so missing binding are a problem (far from being urgent, of course!). These are some knobs and buttons missing from the RIO cockpit plus couple bugs.

I also have a couple question about switches marked as "no function": are they going to be implemented at some point? The manual states often that some of those are "*currently* not implemented" but knowing which will be will help me planning. An example is the 3-way switch "Target Size", top left corner of the DDD panel.

**KNOBS/ROTARY**

CAP category +/-

ICS aplifier selection

Weapon interval x100ms +/-

Weapon interval x10ms +/-

Weapon quantity 10s +/-

Weapon quantity 1s +/-

Elec Fuse +/-

Attk Mode +/-

Wpn Type +/-

Pulse video +/-

Bright [DDD] +/-

Pulse Gain +/-

Erase video +/-

Nav mode +/-

Dest +/-

TID contrast +/-

TID Bright +/-

ECMD brightness +/-

AN/ALR-67 Display type +/-

DECM ALQ-100 Power/mode +/-

DECM ALQ-100 Audio/Off +/-

**SWITCHES**

Jettison station 1 (toggle and two positions)

Jettison station 3 (toggle and two positions)

Jettison station 4 (toggle and two positions)

Jettison station 5 (toggle and two positions)

Jettison station 6 (toggle and two positions)

Jettison station 8 (toggle and two positions)

DDD filter (toggle and two positions)

AN/ALR-67 mode (toggle and two positions)

Minor bug, if point your mouse over INS status indicator, the mouse pointer will change to a toggle for the pilot oxigen.

ECMD brightness must be clicked and dragged, doesn't behave as the other knobs. Is that intentional?

full_tiny.pngfull_tiny.png
full_tiny.png

"Cogito, ergo RIO"
Virtual Backseaters Volume I: F-14 Radar Intercept Officer - Fifth Public Draft
Virtual Backseaters Volume II: F-4E Weapon Systems Officer - Internal Draft WIP

Phantom Phamiliarisation Video Series | F-4E/F-14 Kneeboard Pack

The Jester menu has one glaring issue I see that could be changed to help make it easier to use.

When in VR or using head tracking, the menu always pops up in a static position no matter where I am looking at a given time. However the direction cue for making menu selections centers from where I was looking when I pushed the menu button. These two logics don't match up and make the menu more difficult to use.

Option 1 (prefered) - Make the menu pop up centered on where I am looking, not in a static location. This way if I am looking 90deg left or right and need to use the menu I don't have to look forward use the menu then look back to 90deg.

Option 2 (better but not ideal) - Rather than using a line que like we have now, when the menu is activated make a dot center in the FOV that I can look at a menu option to select it. This way, even if I toggle the menu with while looking right or left I can rotate my head back to center and use the dot to make my selection before moving back to my target.

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Joint Task Force 1 | Discord

• ED Team

Other suggestions:

Since you've kinda pioneered DCS with axis bindings buttons and switches to help binding things like LANTIRN to controllers and footwell PTT to toebrakes: the two more axis threshold inputs I would be happy to see are the wing sweep hat (to be bindable to slew sensor) and speedbrake - particularly the latter, as it would enable users of Saitek sticks (X52, X56 etc) to bind speedbrake to the slider without doing voodoo in Saitek software.

Edited by m4ti140

+1 DLC axis (real or not). X-56 stick thumb stick should work well for that.

Option 1 (prefered) - Make the menu pop up centered on where I am looking, not in a static location. This way if I am looking 90deg left or right and need to use the menu I don't have to look forward use the menu then look back to 90deg.

+1 on JR menu location. Prefer option 1. I think it does this already for TrackIR. Regardless, TrackIR is easier to manage the wheel with. I have tried both TrackIR and VR.

Add LIQ COOLANT switch bindings for the RIO pit for completeness.

Seems like they spent all this time making it pretty to the most minute detail but totally forgot it is supposed to be a simulator, not a video game.

Think that's a little unfair, the cockpit is fully clickable, binds for everything from the start is unreasonable especially given the niche number of people that will actually have enough hardware to actually bind to and make use of all those requested axis and buttons.

Think that's a little unfair, the cockpit is fully clickable, binds for everything from the start is unreasonable especially given the niche number of people that will actually have enough hardware to actually bind to and make use of all those requested axis and buttons.

Oxygen, Parking brake, Nose wheel strut - are kinda critical

+ 100 000 for Hide stick. ASAP would be awsome. my neck hurts trying to see the screen :cry: and need to be in all sorts of positions constantly and cant concentrate on fighting. find my self flying without eaven looking out the front windscreen. only look at the hood to make shure a missile has left its rail. not a very enjoyable experiance looking down in to the cockpit and in a awcward position constantly,

so yeah just to cut it short. Hide stick option pleeessseeeee. love the job you guys have done. true master piece :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A detent for the afterburner.

Like the Horner and "Finger lift" keys

To go with this, a special option for detent settings

Off

Carrier only

Always on

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

Completely agree with OP.

Until Heatblur implements all the controls, see my post for pilot additional keybindings.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=235493

YES! I saw this post and was going to ask you about it. A lot of people stepped up and did the same thing when the AV8B launched missing a lot of bindings.

If you don't mind, I was going to go through your list here and see if I can rename them to match HB's categories as well as make some Toggle/else state switches. Hopefully, if we create something that is quality, HB and just copy it and paste it into the main controls after a brief review.

Great work!

YES! I saw this post and was going to ask you about it. A lot of people stepped up and did the same thing when the AV8B launched missing a lot of bindings.

If you don't mind, I was going to go through your list here and see if I can rename them to match HB's categories as well as make some Toggle/else state switches. Hopefully, if we create something that is quality, HB and just copy it and paste it into the main controls after a brief review.

Great work!

Sure! I only grouped them under "-Modifications" as to not get it mixed with the official keybindings.

Also, if you know how to make toggle switches, please share!

-Alerax

Sure! I only grouped them under "-Modifications" as to not get it mixed with the official keybindings.

Also, if you know how to make toggle switches, please share!

-Alerax

{down = device_commands.BRAKE_AntiSkidAndSpoilerBrake,     up = device_commands.BRAKE_AntiSkidAndSpoilerBrake, value_down = -1, value_up = 0, cockpit_device_id=devices.GEARHOOK, name = _('Anti Skid Spoiler BK Switch Spoiler BK, else OFF'), category = _('Gears, brakes, and hook')},

{down = device_commands.BRAKE_AntiSkidAndSpoilerBrake,     up = device_commands.BRAKE_AntiSkidAndSpoilerBrake, value_down = 1, value_up = 0, cockpit_device_id=devices.GEARHOOK, name = _('Anti Skid Spoiler BK Switch BOTH, else OFF'), category = _('Gears, brakes, and hook')},

You basically assign a down press and an up press and then a value to both. so for a 3-way switch, you would need two separate sections. See the Anti-Skid above as an example. Had to learn this a while back as a TM Warthog user :thumbup:

{down = device_commands.BRAKE_AntiSkidAndSpoilerBrake,     up = device_commands.BRAKE_AntiSkidAndSpoilerBrake, value_down = -1, value_up = 0, cockpit_device_id=devices.GEARHOOK, name = _('Anti Skid Spoiler BK Switch Spoiler BK, else OFF'), category = _('Gears, brakes, and hook')},

{down = device_commands.BRAKE_AntiSkidAndSpoilerBrake,     up = device_commands.BRAKE_AntiSkidAndSpoilerBrake, value_down = 1, value_up = 0, cockpit_device_id=devices.GEARHOOK, name = _('Anti Skid Spoiler BK Switch BOTH, else OFF'), category = _('Gears, brakes, and hook')},

You basically assign a down press and an up press and then a value to both. so for a 3-way switch, you would need two separate sections. See the Anti-Skid above as an example. Had to learn this a while back as a TM Warthog user :thumbup:

Ah yes, however it only works for spring-loaded switches where when you release, it returns to center. Now speaking of that, I should update some of the spring loaded switches accordingly (e.g., nose strut).

It would be great if there is a way to code switch increments where the position holds (e.g., lights switches, taxi switch). I think this can only be done by the dev.