Running request - Bindable Button / Axis options

maverickturner

No this holds when the switch is switched to the desired state. When I flip a switch up, it will hold Oxygen On, However, when I flip it back down, it will turn to Oxygen off. If the switches are spring loaded, then this does not work. That is more of a Toggle State. Check the bindings that I have added to the front page of this thread. They are all tested and work with this practice.

I´m using RS Mapper with 3 Profiles for my HOTAS Warthog and due to the huge amount of not keybinded functions I can not assign these to my Profile. Thats why I wonder whether keybinding will get lost which I´ve assigned on my own, will all the missing bindings be covered one day?

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

I´m using RS Mapper with 3 Profiles for my HOTAS Warthog and due to the huge amount of not keybinded functions I can not assign these to my Profile. Thats why I wonder whether keybinding will get lost which I´ve assigned on my own, will all the missing bindings be covered one day?

That's the idea behind this thread. We are looking to gather as many missing/requested key binds as possible and assist HB in fixing some in order to make the process much less time consuming on their end. Hopefully, we can get this sooner rather than later but I can understand how this wouldn't be the highest priority for them at the moment. If you find any that you desire that isn't on the main list, please let me know and I'll add it.

I'm not sure how to phrase this but here goes. Is it/can it be possible to have the safety cover/guard that covers a switch be automatically raised/lifted when the switch is turned on? Then the cover would close the switch and then the cover would go down in the game . In the Pit, I have the correct safety covers on but I don't know how to get them recognized in game at the appropriate times...

i7-7700K, 32GB DDR4, 525GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080Ti 11GB, Liquid Cooling, Win 10, Warthog HOTAS, TPR Pedals, HP Reverb, Oculus Rift with Touch, Jetseat and bass shakers, PointCTRL, and Scale F-14B Cockpit

I'm not sure how to phrase this but here goes. Is it/can it be possible to have the safety cover/guard that covers a switch be automatically raised/lifted when the switch is turned on? Then the cover would close the switch and then the cover would go down in the game . In the Pit, I have the correct safety covers on but I don't know how to get them recognized in game at the appropriate times...

The Master Arm switch has an option to do this where it raises the cover when setting to ARM and closes when OFF. I find it to be extremely helpful. It proves that they are definitely able to work that in so I will add that request to the ideas list.

Switches as the Master Arm and its cover, you mean? IIRC there are a couple of specific options in for the '14. I might be wrong :huh:

Personally, I have written a simple workaround for my Arduino stuff (I used a timer). I guess you can apply the same concept to a macro. Most joysticks have some sort of cfg software that supports them.

lua-wise instead I have no clue. Hopefully someone else can help you.

full_tiny.pngfull_tiny.png
full_tiny.png

"Cogito, ergo RIO"
Virtual Backseaters Volume I: F-14 Radar Intercept Officer - Fifth Public Draft
Virtual Backseaters Volume II: F-4E Weapon Systems Officer - Internal Draft WIP

Phantom Phamiliarisation Video Series | F-4E/F-14 Kneeboard Pack

The Master Arm switch has an option to do this where it raises the cover when setting to ARM and closes when OFF. I find it to be extremely helpful. It proves that they are definitely able to work that in so I will add that request to the ideas list.

Awesome, THANKS!!

i7-7700K, 32GB DDR4, 525GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080Ti 11GB, Liquid Cooling, Win 10, Warthog HOTAS, TPR Pedals, HP Reverb, Oculus Rift with Touch, Jetseat and bass shakers, PointCTRL, and Scale F-14B Cockpit

Can we get a Clockwise and Counter Clockwise keyboard shortcut for the "Master Test Panel" Selector switch as well as a push pull toggle please.

OP, thanks for starting this thread

Added to the list! Thanks! Just excited to see the F-14 become everything we've looked forward to. Hope it helps HB out.

Not sure if this has been asked for but:

"Refuel prob extend (Fill all) | Else off" Option

Would love to have a switch on my warthog to flip it up to Extend the probe, fill all tanks, and flip switch back and have the probe retract.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

Not sure if this has been asked for but:

"Refuel prob extend (Fill all) | Else off" Option

Would love to have a switch on my warthog to flip it up to Extend the probe, fill all tanks, and flip switch back and have the probe retract.

Done

Heatblur Simulations

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Not something that can be added as the throttles dont have one coded, but an After burner detent would be great.

A10C - Block 5+7, AV8B/NA Harrier, F-14B.

Pentium G4560, GTX 1050Ti, 20GB's total, 1x16GB Kingston Hyper X, And a 1x4GB Avexir Core Series kit, fleamarket mouse/keyboard, i swear it works fine :megalol:

Not something that can be added as the throttles dont have one coded, but an After burner detent would be great.

+1

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

Heatblur,

Axis-controls for, Radio Volume knobs (Radio 1/2, Intercom), RWR, Sidewinder.

Key-binds +/- for TACAN course, BINGO fuel.

/Thank you ;).

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

Can we have the covers automatically lifted/closed if the switch below is activated from a controller ?

I really hate covers to be bindable as it makes no sense:

1. How many people will have a controller with a cover which is actually "on" "off" switch so it can be binded ? And even if someone does, they have to open it no matter if it is binded or not so they should not care too much.

2. It is not more realistic to have a cover binded to a button/switch somewhere on the controller and it is a waste of buttons

3. If you have a controller which actually have a cover which is not eletrical on off switch, then you have to phisically lift the cover, then activate some button or click with mouse to open the in game cover, and then activate the swtich needed --- meh...

So please make it optional if you wish but please make the covers to open/close automatically if the switch is operated from a button box :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Can we have the covers automatically lifted/closed if the switch below is activated from a controller ?

I really hate covers to be bindable as it makes no sense:

1. How many people will have a controller with a cover which is actually "on" "off" switch so it can be binded ? And even if someone does, they have to open it no matter if it is binded or not so they should not care too much.

2. It is not more realistic to have a cover binded to a button/switch somewhere on the controller and it is a waste of buttons

3. If you have a controller which actually have a cover which is not eletrical on off switch, then you have to phisically lift the cover, then activate some button or click with mouse to open the in game cover, and then activate the swtich needed --- meh...

So please make it optional if you wish but please make the covers to open/close automatically if the switch is operated from a button box :)

Very well said. I hope this can be done. I use real covers in my pit but they don't need to be bound (the covers). Please find a way to either bypass the cover or make it permanently up. If it is always up then it will be become irrelevant but it will kill realism/immersion a bit. A 2 part command that uses time maybe? On the switch breaking contact with the closed switch position it sends a signal to open the cover. When the toggle makes contact with the up switch it commands the switch action of the up position. and vice versa for closing? The break and make, make and break switch function themes.

Edited by mariner3302

Been working on my own custom Joystick 'default.lua' file for the Pilot Seat...

Still W.I.P, but quite a lot of useful additions made while combing through the clickabledata.lua.

I use my own naming and category system for all the module input files I edit to make things more clear and organised for myself, but a lot of the heavy lifting and data input's been done...

Most notable inclusions are working CW/CCW entries for:

• Radar Altimeter
  • Airspeed Mach Indexer Knob
  • HSD Course & Heading Knobs (with fine/coarse & +-1degree increments)
  • Bingo Fuel Set Knob
  • Volume controls for the walkman

Plus a shed load of as yet un-implimented bindings including lots of absolute + ON else OFF additions & a few of the requests I've seen floating about (Canopy O/C, Parking Brake, etc.).

Check it out if you want. Feel free to dig in and cherry pick all or just what you need.

Same goes for the HB guys - if there's stuff in here that'll save you some hours of mind numbing data-entry...it's essentially your property anyhow.

There's a bunch of custom axis binds toward the bottom that I'm using until HB drops in the official binds. There are quirks to getting them to work however as DCS only registers the upper half of an axis travel when using this ghetto method. 2 methods you can use:

Method 1: Standard axis bind - Set axis to 'slider'. Set to 'Invert'. Set Y saturation to 50% (See pic 1 for visual) This method works perfectly, but with one big caveat...you need to have the axis inverted on a hardware/firmware level before it touches DCS. Otherwise you'll get the full range, but backwards. This is no issue if you build your own controllers or panels, but I'm not sure what support there is for the more mainstream bits of kit.

Method 2: USER CURVE (see pic 2) - This will work with any analog axis. You'll get the full range, but it's tedious to setup for multiple axes and there'll be a weird little 'blip' at the bottom of the travel that often has the effect of inverting the colours of stuff (eg HUD brightness).

MASSIVE NOTE/WARNING: Unless you know what you're doing and are familiar with working with custom DCS input files, exercise caution! I do not recommend just dropping this file in willy-nilly, overwriting your default.lua and start assigning. It'll no doubt play absolute havoc with your binds and .diff files in all sorts of ways that I do not want to be responsible for. Have a look, see how it's laid out and grab what you need if you know how. Or at the very least back stuff up and use OvGME or JSGME.

EDIT: Fixed a few typos, added canopy open/close & walkman volume controls.

Brick.

961129676_HackedinAXISBind-Method1.PNG.0c3401a5dbcc6dccf75ec373363c35d5.PNG

677138829_HackedinAXISBind-Method2.PNG.47dd0fce959fffecc3c07bfedbb5097b.PNG

default.lua

Edited by Fubarbrickdust
Updates

9700k@5.2Ghz | GTX 1080ti | 32gb Ram@3200Mhz | 512gb M.2 NVME SSD

Oculus Rift S | VKB GF Pro Mk.II+MCG Pro (rotary wing) | BRD DS-Raven (fixed wing) | MFG Crosswind V2 | Jetseat+SSA/SSM | SimLab GT1 80/20 Rig | NLR Motion Platform V3 | Quad Bass Shaker Setup

DIY Control Panels: 'White Rhino' Throttle | UFC | MFBB Left | MFBB Right | MFBB Centre | WEP-TECH ACP | HYD-MECH LDG | SYS-ELEC | AN/ARC Radio

Been working on my own custom Joystick 'default.lua' file for the Pilot Seat...

Still W.I.P, but quite a lot of useful additions made while combing through the clickabledata.lua.

I use my own naming and category system for all the module input files I edit to make things more clear and organised for myself, but a lot of the heavy lifting and data input's been done...

Most notable inclusions are working CW/CCW entries for:

• Radar Altimeter
  • Airspeed Mach Indexer Knob
  • HSD Course & Heading Knobs (with fine/coarse & +-1degree increments)
  • Bingo Fuel Set Knob
  • Volume controls for the walkman

Plus a shed load of as yet un-implimented bindings including lots of absolute + ON else OFF additions & a few of the requests I've seen floating about (Canopy O/C, Parking Brake, etc.).

Check it out if you want. Feel free to dig in and cherry pick all or just what you need.

Same goes for the HB guys - if there's stuff in here that'll save you some hours of mind numbing data-entry...it's essentially your property anyhow.

Great work here! I opened it up and took a look and there is a lot of helpful additions. I'll definitely be using a few of these until they are officially added.

Came across this post and realized I want some buttons that make life easier for getting in and out of oversweep. So I broke down the TO/LDG into the following parts:

TO -> open cover and extend handle, set lever to 68 degrees, lock the handle and close the cover

LDG -> open cover and extend handle, set lever to 68 degrees, lock handle, go to oversweep and extend the handle again

This leads to 4 buttons:

1) a button to open the cover and extend the handle, for which the code looks like this:

{ up=device_commands.WINGSWEEP_EmergencyLeverExtended, down=device_commands.WINGSWEEP_EmergencySweepCover, cockpit_device_id=devices.WINGSWEEP, value_up=1.0, value_down=1.0, name=_('Emergency Wing Sweep Open & Extend'),	 category=_('Throttle')},

Now for takeoff I noticed that a hot start has overswept wings with the handle locked and the cover closed and I'm wondering if this is a consistent state of the cockpit because in a normal case where the wings are in oversweep, I would assume to find the cover always open with the handle extended. But yeah, not sure what's considered correct here so...

2) a button to bring the wings to 68 degrees sweep, lock the handle and close the cover:

{ up=device_commands.WINGSWEEP_EmergencySweepCover, down=device_commands.WINGSWEEP_EmergencySweepLever, pressed=device_commands.WINGSWEEP_EmergencyLeverExtended, cockpit_device_id=devices.WINGSWEEP, value_down=0.30, value_pressed=0.0, value_up=0.0, name=_('Emergency Wing Sweep to 68°, Lock & Close'),	 category=_('Throttle')},

Note that you have to press the button long enough for the handle to lock in properly before releasing, otherwise the cover won't close and you'll have to press again.

3) a button to do the same as 2, except closing the cover:

{ up=device_commands.WINGSWEEP_EmergencyLeverExtended, down=device_commands.WINGSWEEP_EmergencySweepLever, cockpit_device_id=devices.WINGSWEEP, value_up=0.0, value_down=0.30, name=_('Emergency Wing Sweep to 68° & Lock'),	 category=_('Throttle')},

4) a button to bring the handle to oversweep and extend the handle:

{ up=device_commands.WINGSWEEP_EmergencyLeverExtended, down=device_commands.WINGSWEEP_EmergencySweepLever, cockpit_device_id=devices.WINGSWEEP, value_up=1.0, value_down=0.0, name=_('Emergency Wing Sweep to Oversweep & Extend'),	 category=_('Throttle')},

Now your takeoff sequence would be buttons 1 & 2 while your post-landing sequence would be buttons 1, 3 & 4.

Hopefully this is useful to someone else except myself :D

Edited by Raffson

Gigabyte X470 AORUS UG

Ryzen 5 2600X

NVidia GTX 1070Ti 8GB

Vengance RGB DDR4 32GB

TrackIR5

TM HOTAS Warthog