DCS FRENCHPACK V2

476bd617a1002e86962f4d966153d306debbeb28.jpg

FRENCHPACK VERSION 3 AVAILABLE HERE : https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=255035

To install : Unzip the archive, take the folder which is inside it called "Frenchpack" and copy paste it in your SAVED GAMES/DCS WORLD OPEN BETA/Mods/tech folder. If Mods/tech folder don't exist, create them with the exact same writing

Hi everybody, ;)

It is a great pleasure for the FrenchPack Team to bring you the Version 0.2 of the French vehicle Pack for DCS World.

Version 0.2 contains no less than 17 vehicles coming from the French forces, entirely combined Arms ready, and whose specifications fit at the best the original gear.

Playing combined arms or simply missionmaking, you’ll now have at your disposal the capacity to deploy a fully coherent armored group, ranging from heavy armor to anti-aircraft system, anti-tank system, and logistic.

The little new ones ! !

The AMX-10RCR !

ce3bb4c2e3bbdadfff0e3c19d288400a2d816a8c.jpg

c6bfb4d90272c91e6296937e3bbbfc13d24d2fc7.jpg

Both available in its classic and SEPAR version, which features an IR jammer pod EIREL and additionnal armor kit, the AMX-10RCR est the key model of this update. Featuring a 105 mm canon able to shoot both kinetic penetrator shells and explosives ones (respectively 30 and 12), a 7.62 coaxial MG, and thermal imagery on both the gunner and the commander sight, the AMX-10RCR will get everyone quiet down there. Mounted on a relatively light hull, although the SEPAR version is quite close from the AMX-30, it uses a "tracks-like" steering allowing it to turn in place, and to reach 85 km/h for the RCR and 75 km/h for the SEPAR. You wanted armed recon, here it is !

Artillery is finally here !

81ee3a60a4014ef1c48854c3a276baaabac62fe1.jpg

746fea3cf80c03a92d3f17d0728c5f9b490f343e.jpg

With the MO120RT, the french deployment now carries a nice artillery punch capability, up to 15 km in range. Coming in two versions, static and carried by a VAB, its 120 mm shells effect is quite close from 155 mm ones. Lower your head !

AAA !

5a1f49ce02b58e79fd0e763c269e19a86d2aa8e5.jpg

e69e2d72ba0cbe0e5ddd7937a750f71256d23724.jpg

The 53T2 canon, which is the static equivalent to the 20 mm already featuring the VAB T20/13, too arrives on DCS. With a range up to 1500 to 2000 m, it can shoot both 20 mm explosif or AP. It too can be carried on the TRM2000 truck.

Logistics !

3a24c3ee574ffef4503be750c4a864d877e3b460.jpg

62099237826f23a5ae170afd64f61e3db9d4f7d9.jpg

Yay !

The TRM2000 seen above is to declined in an infantry version, and a fuel one, to allow you to rearm your troops on the battlefield (not too close from it still, they are very durable)

CREDITS for the V0.2

AMX-10RCR, AMX-10RCR SEPAR, modifications, update of models provided by other teams : Dimitriov/White-Sky

The Team OFRP from ArmA III for having very nicely provided their original models for the TRM2000, the MO120 RT, and the 53T2. (Graphically overhauled for this pack).

EMS_JO for his informations, although I wasn't able to put everything.

Changelog général :

- Added VAB 120 mm Mortar

- Added TRM2000

- Added TRM2000 with 53T2

- Added TRM2000 fuel

- Added 53T2

- Added 120 mm mortar

- Added thermal imagery for ERC-90D

- Added LODs for ERC-90D and VAB family

- Fixed VBL not appearing correctly

- Fixed VAB Mephisto direction issue

- Fixed VAB 3D model light issues

- Added custom engine sounds to ERC-90 and VAB family

- Loads of tweaks and fixes

Content already featured in V0.11

_

The AMX-30B2

e36127d30b7a495e9ef19f0340b846895b7780e8.jpg

You always dreamt about rolling on your enemies while shooting everywhere ? The AMX-30B2 should fit you well. With its high pressure 105 mm canon, it is able to neutralize a T-72 tank up to 2500 m thanks to its kinetic penetrator (OFL) flying above 1500 m/sec. But it doesn’t mean that it forgets lighter targets. Having explosive shells, a 20 mm coaxial canon whose elevation is independant from the main gun, as well as a roof mounted 7.62, the AMX-30B2 is the master piece of the battleground, allowing a rapid and deadly fire on the opponent.

The ERC-90

db561c40f1230ae9b8f644f0dfe0940678303360.jpg

281c03efb2f3ff495c12c077100a57ea21318c9c.jpg

Because recon can sometimes be boring, because you don’t envisage to cross the whole Middle East in a shitty car, the Armée de Terre is proud to bring to you the ERC-90D F4. True heir of the colonial cavalry, it is both quick, light, and carries a huge firepower thanks to its 90 mm canon which shoots a kinetic round able to get through 320 mm of steel from 2000 m, allowing it to destroy any tank up to the T-55 below this range. Still, beware of the recoil ! The ERC-90 only weighs 9 tons, and so is fast and maneuverable, being able to reach a top speed of 110 km/h on road.

The VAB MEPHISTO

e55a3e3087039e976f42ae2c12e48c70a34f5730.jpg

725d1bd8b46705897b55a9e6fe96b11983c5d152.jpg

Who said that you needed a tank to kill other tanks ? With the VAB MEPHISTO, you’ll have at your disposal a rolling turret which, unfortunately for the bastard who’s facing you, is able to fire up to 4 HOT2 missiles, making it virtually able to kill any tank on the battlefield. Still, beware, as long as guiding those missiles will need a real expertise. Like all VAB except the VIB, it is amphibious, and should be used in couple with the VIB T20/13.

The VIB T20/13

7966c0dd60c16ee02b23d6ae6f611dc32cf59de1.jpg

You’re the kind of people who shoots before speaking, enjoying the bloody spectacle of burning villages ? You feel a deep and sadistic pleasure in ambushing helicopters ? You like making suffer ? You like suffer ? The VIB is made for you ! Featuring a 20 canon made by Nexter, the VIB purpose is to ensure an heavy fire support on the battlefield, working in pair with the VAB MEPHISTO. His canon uses two types of ammunition : explosive and penetrating, granting you the ability to destroy most light armored vehicles met on the battlefield. Its anti-helicopter capacity will be a precious help for your heavier units.

The VAB .50 and the VAB.

26b0477efd318abbf2f3b2252525138b6573ba4b.jpg

7f71fd671ac5618c0f585611351a1a28fa837224.jpg

Basic versions of the previous vehicles, their purpose is to bring both a light fire support and to bring infantry on site. The classic VAB too features for DCS a logistic capacity allowing it to rearm all the other vehicles. No more will you be left you and your regiment with only one waters. No more. Promise.

The VBL family

ed2183f3154903b004a288e18268f1d49eeb6bbd.jpg

Yes. I know. Everything needs a beginning, including 3D. The VBL is the Hummer of the rich ! the La Ferrari of the private ! The coffin of the … Heum… Well.

The VBL is a light vehicle capable of ensuring light recon and troop transport on the battlefield. Coming in unarmed logistic variant, AANF 7.62 variant, and cal.50 variant, it is the basic car you’ve ever dreamt of when it comes to kick talibans asses.

The TRACMA

0b26fc3f7f0da6ba5123dcda96e492075523f4c4.jpg

Yes.

YES !

Contain your tears ! I know you were expecting him ! It’s a pleasure for us to deliver you the first authentic plane tractor simulator on DCS World ! Still without the tracting part but hey… You can… Roll with it ! Up to 35 km/h. And you can crush others player’s planes with it ! You can even act like as a real French and cause a strike on the base with it !

Aaaand it’s not yet over ! Soon other iconic vehicles will come on the sim ! You always dreamt of retreating like a boss, having a reverse speed equal to the forward one ? The AMX-10RCR will be for you ! You’re a more sneaky bastard whose sole pleasure is to kill your teammates ? AMX Roland ! You like the authenticity of a real, combat proven, colonial vehicle ? AML-90 ! You spend your nights dreaming of having a bigger one than your girlfriend’s previous dude ? AUF1 and Caesar ! And then. Then, flying things which sound very… Feline.

Wishing you all the best and good flights !

The FrenchPack Team.

Credits :

AMX-30B2 and glorious TRACMA : Chewme and Robin Hood.

ERC-90, VAB and VBL : Dimitriov

Many thanks to :

The 2nd-ffs

The 131st Death Vipers

EMS_JO (jo)

M.Landeville

Welly

borchi_2b from Polychop Simulations.

Download link : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pox9j0HAXw85olrkMb9kErNeqR-rGlnv/view?usp=sharing

Pack updates, addition, replacement or suppression of models in the pack will not cause any harm to your former missions, so don't worry about compatibility from one mission to the other.

PLEASE MAKE SURE TO FOLLOW THE README INCLUDED IN THE PACK FOR INSTALLATION

DO NOT MODIFY, REUPLOAD OR REDISTRIBUTE THIS MOD WITHOUT OUR PERMISSION.

Follow us and report bugs on Discord : https://discord.gg/fmNYkA

Edited by dimitriov

Thanks ... its really nice to have more vehicles to use on our missions .. I specially liked the Renault Truck :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

quick question, can we use these vehicles with american forces as well?

Yes, of course... but those Yankees will need to join a language course :lol: :megalol:

What goes up, must come down !

Intel Core i7-8700, 16 GB-RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060, 6 GB GDDR5, 1TB HDD, 500 GB 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD, Windows 10/64, A10-C, Rhino X55, Persian Golf, F/A-18 Hornet

Well I am a bit late to the party and just discovered this new mod. It seems truly amazing and went right away to download it. Unfortunately there's no readme.txt with the actual steps to install it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks !

There are only two types of aircraft, fighters and targets. - Major Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson, USMC

computor/c :/ user/ your name/saved games/dcs/mods/tech put the file in there

outstanding work guys thanks

Well that's odd, this is exactly what I did and the mod does not appears in the installed mod section in DCS. I did transfer the whole archive in the tech folder without unpacking it. Is this the right way to do it ? Thanks for the help)

There are only two types of aircraft, fighters and targets. - Major Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson, USMC

No. Unzip your archive. Then you get a folder named "Frenchpack" inside it, and this is the one you put in Mods/tech.

I'll try that as soon as I'm back. Thanks for your help !

The mod is fantastic !

Do you have any roadmap to communicate about future addition to your French Pack ? I wish some Crotale and Mistral systems were included to defend french occupied air bases :x

Glad to know this is a work in progress and that you are planning to add more equipment and vehicules. This is really a very good news for people looking to recreate situations as credible as possible.

• 2 weeks later...

I was wondering if you would offer UN skins for the french pack. France has been pretty active with UN mandates in the 80's and 90's.

It may be done this summer. But it is quite time consuming to do skins, it's not simply like with standard DCS skins where you photoshop layers. There I have to go back to the software and create brand new textures. And well, simply have a look to how many files there are in the textures zip to understand ^^

For now I'm working on a new leclerc, credits for base model go to OFRP, this is the base I'm going to work on, I will have to remake most of it as there are many many odd things (old file, impressive amount of useless vertices which brings the model to 1.6 million triangles while a DCS model should be around 100-200 k max)

https://reho.st/view/self/33e09f86995781ef823b6ebaf573b3a8071da5c9.jpg

Difference with the already ingame model would be :

- Far better model

- Far better textures

- Real armor datas

- Real shell datas

- Commander sight

Then I will remake the VBL, and add an experimental Mistral version, a TRM-2000 Mistral, and finally a Crotale NG.

This will be all for the Frenchpack as far as I am concerned.

Once all of this will be done, then I will focus on skins.

Edited by dimitriov

With the last 3 vehicles (VBL, TRM and Crotale NG), I think this will be pretty much everything we could have ever wanted for DCS.(don't know if this is easy but if you are modeling the mistral tripod on the trm2000, maybe a stand alone mistral tripod is a quick possible add-on? If not, no worry).Thanks Dimi for this awesome work.

imgp0514.jpg

Edited by BaD CrC

It may be done this summer. But it is quite time consuming to do skins, it's not simply like with standard DCS skins where you photoshop layers. There I have to go back to the software and create brand new textures. And well, simply have a look to how many files there are in the textures zip to understand ^^

For now I'm working on a new leclerc, credits for base model go to OFRP, this is the base I'm going to work on, I will have to remake most of it as there are many many odd things (old file, impressive amount of useless vertices which brings the model to 1.6 million triangles while a DCS model should be around 100-200 k max)

https://reho.st/view/self/33e09f86995781ef823b6ebaf573b3a8071da5c9.jpg

Difference with the already ingame model would be :

- Far better model

- Far better textures

- Real armor datas

- Real shell datas

- Commander sight

Then I will remake the VBL, and add an experimental Mistral version, a TRM-2000 Mistral, and finally a Crotale NG.

This will be all for the Frenchpack as far as I am concerned.

Once all of this will be done, then I will focus on skins.

That's some impressive work and very time consuming as well. Thank you for providing what should be already in the game.

I'll wait for your next updates and if you can't invest time on UN liveries, that's fine, we'll have anyway a very comprehensive french OOB for DCS. The UN liveries would be the icing on the cake))