[DCS Bug] Sliding Around the Deck / GLOC on Cat Shot

madcat911

Noticed that the Tomcat has the same issue as the Hornet when it was first released. Not as pronounced but it’s there.

Also experienced GLOC on takeoff from the Stennis. Pilot blacked out but recovered quite quickly.

Edited by IronMike

Noticed that the Tomcat has the same issue as the Hornet when it was first released. Not as pronounced but it’s there.

Also experienced GLOC on takeoff from the Stennis. Pilot blacked out but recovered quite quickly.

Can confirm this issue!

Gesendet von meinem BND-L21 mit Tapatalk

My Rig: Windows 11 Pro, Intel i7-13700k@5.4GHz, 64GB DDR5 5200 RAM, Gigabyte Z790 AORUS Elite AX, 1TB Samsung EVO 970, RTX4080, Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG + Saitek Pro Flight Pedals, LG 32" 4K 60FPS, ACER 30" 4K 60FPS GSync Display, HP Reverb G2 V2

Try the F-14 Cat Launch training mission. It has wind, rough seas, and a pitching deck. It's much worse on this and downright difficult to taxi like it keeps getting stuck on the deck (versus the hornet which seemed to just not have any traction and slid all over the place). Even sitting at idle in these conditions, the plane will slowly move across the deck, not just side around in circles.

3800X, X570, 32GB 3600, RTX 2080Ti, SSD, Odyssey+ VR

Was on a multi-player session last night. Took a Hornet for that one, my friend was in the Tomcat, we we parked right next to each other. His Tomcat sliding around. At one point near start up completion, his plane slid against mine. He lost his wing, I was undamaged.

Also seems like AoA bugs out after takeoff, had the meter pegged with a very light load (60k lbs) after the cat shot with no stick input.

A10C - Block 5+7, AV8B/NA Harrier, F-14B.

Pentium G4560, GTX 1050Ti, 20GB's total, 1x16GB Kingston Hyper X, And a 1x4GB Avexir Core Series kit, fleamarket mouse/keyboard, i swear it works fine :megalol:

I have the same issue, the Tomcat will start sliding upon an engine start

i7-6700K | MSI Z170A Gaming M7 | Dominator 32GB 3000MHz | MSI GTX 1070 GAMING Z | 2TB SSD & 1TB HDD | Acer H277HU 27" WQHD | Audeze Mobius | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5 | Windows 10 Pro

Sliding around on the deck is a uniquely tomcat thing. Specifically when the carrier is turning the tomcat does not stay with the ship. It'll slide a bit (like other modules do when rearming on a ship) but it does not return to its relative position on the ship. Meaning if you're on an elevator and the ship starts to turn, you will either fall off the ship or slide across the deck and fall off the other side.

I haven't seen this in other modules for a very long time.

Example:

SVg7Erf.png

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

I've had this several times, including one today, where my left rear wheel fell through the deck, with no way to get it out again.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

I found this is slightly weirder than described. It impacts the RIO seat profoundly, whilst the pilot remains largely less affected.

I presumed this was a server-host issue as I was hosting, but then i swapped around pilot and RIO and the same RIO reported he was all over the place whilst i remained stable in the front.

It's especially windy (7kts or above) this because profound. Parked Tomcats tend to begin moving after a while until they hit something.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *