Blue Angels @ Sea Fair '07 (pics!)

Those are very nice pictures there, thanks for sharing them!:thumbup:

The planes are made for combat and thus serve first in the field in the combat role, before ever being taken towards the end of their service life, cleaned up and alot of TLC given from ground crew so that they can be used for flight demonstration by the Blue's.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Microsoft Windows Vista x64 bit

Overclocked Intel Core2Duo @ 3.30GHz

6GB DDR Ram

Nvidia GTX280 1GB

DCS Blackshark Russian DVD Box and English Download

1920x1080 res. @ 37" Westinghouse LVM-37w3 1080P

Background image by Shrubbo.

Dude those are some AMAZING shots! That one of "JB" sucking water up off the bay there is money! Looks like you were standing on a highway? Whats your camera and what type of glass are you using?

Thanks for the comments! Camera is a Cannon 5D, and most shots were taken with EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM.

Lcdr Craig Olson is the pilot now flying #6 I believe? New plane is #163130, was an Agressor from the VMFAT-101.

is this ok?

Lcdr Craig Olson is the pilot now flying #6 I believe? New plane is #163130, was an Agressor from the VMFAT-101.

Correct! "Merlin" will also be staying on next year as the No. 5. It will be his 5th year on the team. Not too many guys can say they've been a Blue Angel demo pilot for 5 years.

I think they have about 2-3 spare A models sitting in Pensacola, so they can grab whatever they need.

With regards to getting C models, they WERE supposed to get them next year, as a couple of squadrons were upgrading to Super Hornets at the end of this year. However, what I've heard is that since the wing structure issue was found with the Super Hornets, production kind of stalled a bit while Boeing fixed/fixes the issue, and with the order needing to be finished to Australia on contract time, they may not get them until 2009. I can tell you one thing, they NEED new airframes. I think they get a maintenance failure every week on at least one of the jets, if not more. The maintainers though, are the best in the business and make sure the show goes on!

Rhino2007VBA_sig.jpg

Nice pics :D

Here's a kind-of OT-question for the Bug-knowers: Does the Blue Angels/Aggressor-bugs fly with the cannon installed? I know that the gun in the F16N (Aggressor) is taken out, and unless I'm wrong, it's the same on the Thunderbirds.

Regards

Fjordmonkey

Clustermunitions is just another way of saying that you don't like someone.

I used to like people, then people ruined that for me.

Nice pics :D

Here's a kind-of OT-question for the Bug-knowers: Does the Blue Angels/Aggressor-bugs fly with the cannon installed? I know that the gun in the F16N (Aggressor) is taken out, and unless I'm wrong, it's the same on the Thunderbirds.

The gun is replaced with the smoke system on the Blues bug.In terms of the aggressor bug i couldnt tell you.

| 8700k @4.9 | Gigabyte Gaming 7 | 32gb Tridentz @3000 | EVGA 1080 TI SC2 | CV1 | VKB MCG PRO

[sigpic]https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FeLGqKyJ3K08k3z-7XaegWgRuGRGkKUs/view?usp=sharing[/sigpic]